Chief Executive Officer
On this page:
- Definition of the noun chief executive officer
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Chief Executive Officer
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Chief Executive Officer
- Photos about Chief Executive Officer
- Video language resources about Chief Executive Officer
- Quotes about Chief Executive Officer
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun chief executive officer
What does chief executive officer mean as a name of something?
- the corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm; reports to a board of directors; may appoint other managers (including a president)
Alternative definition of the noun chief executive officer
- [business] The highest-ranking corporate officer or executive officer of a corporation, company, or agency, responsible for carrying out the policies of the board of directors on a day-to-day basis; CEO
Chief Executive Officer is a fictional character from the 2006 film Just My Luck.
- The Chief Executive Officer of Afghanistan is position within the Government of Afghanistan. The extra-constitutional post was created in September 2014 following the disputes that arose after the 2014 Afghan presidential election when both Ashraf Ghani and Abdullah Abdullah claimed victory in that election. As part of a national unity agreement, it was agreed that Ashraf Ghani would assume the presidency and a new post of Chief Executive Officer would be created for Abdullah Abdullah.
- Chief Executive Officer is a job title.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Chief Executive Officer
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Communication, Human communication by CTI Reviews
chief executive: A chief executive officer is the highestranking corporate officer (executive) or ...
The World Book (1918)
Organized Knowledge in Story and Picture by Michael Vincent O'Shea, Ellsworth D. Foster, George Herbert Locke
The chief executive officer is the superintendent. Other house officers are a superintendent of the nursing department, a matron, or housekeeper, a steward, who has charge of all food supplies, an engineer and a pharmacist. Men servants ...
The Corporate Board (1992)
Confronting the Paradoxes by Ada Demb, F.-Friedrich Neubauer
Richard Vancil has written that "most executives know that the choice of the company's chief executive officer is the most important decision the board of directors and the outgoing CEO will make—the decision that determines the future course ...
The FORA Framework (2012)
A Fuzzy Grassroots Ontology for Online Reputation Management by Edy Portmann
CEO The Chief Executive Officer is the highest-ranking executive in charge of an organization's total management. CFO The Chief Financial Officer is the highest- ranking executive in charge of an organization's financial risk management.
Beyond Return on Investment (2013)
Expanding the Value of Healthcare Information Technology by Pam W. Arlotto, MBA, FHIMSS, Patricia C. Birch, MBA, Marla H. Crockett, RN, MBA, Susan P. Irby, MSHS
e chief executive officer is the executive sponsor. • e executive leadership team oversees the project. • e transformation executive is dedicated and not role- specific. depending on the organization, it could be the CIO, chief medical informatics ...
Implementing a Post-Crisis Corporate Culture by Philippe Carrel
The Chief Executive Officer is the guardian ofthat bond betweenthe shareholders and the board of executivedirectors. The assets and human resources involvedmust therefore be utilized to maintain this balancebetween generating valueand ...
Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Dam Engineering, 18-20 October, Nanjing, China by Martin Wieland, Qingwen Ren, John S.Y. Tan
The chief executive officer is the Governor who is appointed by the Board with consent from the Government. The organization structure is comprised of various divisions under the control of each division's directors or managers. EGAT was ...
Chief Executive Officer The second highest rank of an organization ...
by Robert W. Kolb
Scott Carson See also Chief Executive Officer (CEO); Chief Financial Officer (CFO); Chief Privacy Officer (CPO); Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Corporate Social Performance (CSP); Corporate Social Responsiveness; Ethical ...
A Guide for Independent Filmmakers by John W. Cones
chief executive officer (CEO) * A corpo/ ...
by Frederick F. Wherry, Juliet B. Schor, Consulting Editor
A chief executive officer (CEO), also known as a managing director, general manager, chief executive, or president, is generally the most senior executive or administrator in charge of managing an organization. In the past, the term was ...
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER (CEO) officer of a firm ...
Business, Management by CTI Reviews
Chief executive officer: A chief executive officer, managing director, executive director for nonprofit organizations, or chief ...
by David Andrew Schultz
They often advise the chief executive officer of the government, such as the president or the ...
by Jack R. Greene
The police chief is the chief executive officer of the police department. Police departments vary not only in size but also in the means of appointment for the chief of police. In some departments the chief may have risen through the ranks and ...
Twelve Thousand Plus Entries on Accounting, Auditing and Taxation in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia by Guy Wanjialin
ChFC Chartered Financial Consultant chief executive officer (CEO) the officer of a firm who is principally responsible for the activities. chief financial officer (CFO) an executive officer in a firm responsible for handling funds, collecting and ...
by David A. Statt
chief executive officer 23 centralization The policy and process of trying to run everything in an ORGANIZATION from one central point. certification The process of obtaining an official document to satisfy some institutional requirement.
Under the Codes and Practice Acts, at Common Law, in Equity and in Criminal Cases
The president, being the chief executive officer of a corporation, is specified in probably every statute on the subject as a proper person on whom to serve process against the corporation ; 8 and in the absence of any statutory provision service ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Chief Executive Officer
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Chief Executive Officer
Click on an item to view that photo:
- CATHERINE YEOMANS, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Legacy of Mission Australia
Photo credit: Eligius4917
- Jaan Albrecht, Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Photo credit: Austrian Airlines
- Carla Cico, Chief Executive Officer, Rivoli, Italy
Photo credit: Horasis
- Daniel J. Loepp, President and Chief Executive Officer
Photo credit: healthiermi
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Chief Executive Officer
Click on an item to play that video:
- Chief executive officer Meaning
Video shows what chief executive officer means. The highest-ranking corporate officer or executive officer of a corporation, company, or agency, responsible for ...
- Chief Executive Officer Job Description
- The Job Description For The Chief Executive Officer Of A Nongovernmental Organization
See also the pronunciation examples of Chief Executive Officer!
Quotes about Chief Executive Officer
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Chief Executive Officer to see it in context!