On this page:
Who is Chintamani?
Chintamani a.k.a. Debashree Roy is an Indian actress, politician and social activist. She is known for her work in Bengali cinema. She acted in more than 100 films and has won 40 awards, including a National Film Award for Best Actress for the film Unishe April in 1995. In some of her films as a child actress she used the screen name Kumari Chumki. She acted with the screen-name Chintamani in Tamil film industry.
- read more about Debashree Roy
- Chintamani is a fictional character from the 1998 film Sham Ghansham.
- Chintamani is a fictional character from the 2008 film Colours of Passion.
- Chintamani is a fictional character from the 2006 film Mata.
- Chintamani is a fictional character from the 1992 film Deewana.
- Chintamani is a fictional character from the 1981 film Jyoti.
- Chintamani is a fictional character from the 1954 film Sri Kalahastiswara Mahatyam.
- Chintamani is a fictional character from the 2008 film Maa Ayana Chanti Pilladu.
- Chintamani is a fictional character from the 1933 film Chintamani.
- Chintamani is a fictional character from the 1937 film Chintamani.
- "Chintamani" is a 1937 Tamil-language film directed by Y. V. Rao starring M. K. Thyagaraja Bhagavathar, Serugulathur Sama and Aswathamma. It was the first Tamil film to run for a year in a single theatre.
- country: India
- language: Tamil Language
- director: Yaragudipati Varada Rao
- art direction by M. Varma
- written by Yaragudipati Varada Rao
- cinematography by B. Washgar
- music by Papanasam Sivan
- genres: Romance Film, Tamil cinema, World cinema
- released on (77 years ago)
- "Chintamani" is a 1933 Telugu film directed by Kallakuri Sadasiva Rao.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Chintamani
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Redemption of the Peacock Angel by Mark Amaru Pinkham
The Chintamani is a popular eastern symbol of the immortal Sons and Daughters , and it is a close relative of the fiery triangle.
The Calcutta Review (1855)
Chintamani is an appellation of Sivagan, the hero of the poem. Many beautiful passages from it are quoted in Ellis's Kural. Examples of rhetorical figures are generally given from it. From the specimen of the first part THE TAMIL LANGUAGE ...
by Ashwani Sharma
The Chintamani is a mere precious stone, and the Kamadhenu is justan animal. Lord Rama, youwillalways be peerless!Not even the sun andthe oceanscancompare to you. THE AGE, PERSEVERANCE, KNOWLEDGE, education, prosperity ...
India Maior (1972)
Congratulatory Volume Presented to J. Gonda by Jacob Ensink, Peter Gaeffke
Chintamani is a work of great authority in the Mithila school ; and when we find that a clear distinction is made in it between the lawyers of this and 'others', we must accept it as a fact that at the time of Vachaspati Misra at least Hindu lawyers ...
Hymns of Tulsidas (2008)
Chintamani is a diamond which came out, like Kalpahavrihsha, at the time of churning of the milky ocean by angels and demons. The Puranas of India are replete with myriad stories related to various deities. It is difficult to elaborate on them in ...
by Amaresh Datta
Mani-mekalai, Chintamani. Valaiyapati and Kuntala-kechi. The author of Chintamani is Thirittakkatevar. The work is written in the viruttam metre. There is a controversy as to the age of Thiruttakkatevar. There is one version that Thiruttak - ...
A classical dictionary of India illustrative of the mythology, philosophy, literature [&c.] of the Hindus. [With] (1871)
by John Garrett (director of public instruction in Mysore.)
Chintamani — An Epic poem ...
by Gwyneth Chaturachinda, Sunanda Krishnamurty, Pauline W. Tabtiang
Chintamani. Lokesvara. “Lord of the universe with a wishing gem.” A form of the bodhisattva Avalokitesvara. Chintha. Name for the stylized lion seen guarding temples in Myanmar. chofa. “A bunch of sky; sky-tassel.” The finial on either end of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Chintamani
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Chintamani
Chintamani Kar Bird Sanctuary (CKBS)
Narendrapur, Kolkata, India
Photo credit: Soumyadeep Chatterjee .
Video about Chintamani
Sameer Chintamani and Matthew Mavity - 2012 AP Language and Composition Campaign Video
Scrabble value of C3H4I1N1T1A1M3A1N1I1
The value of this 10-letter word is 17 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CHINTAMANI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Chintamani!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Chintamani to find many related words and phrases!