On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of CHL
What does CHL mean?
- [ice hockey] Canadian Hockey League
- Chl a.k.a. Chile, officially the Republic of Chile, is a South American country occupying a long, narrow strip of land between the Andes mountains to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west. It borders Peru to the north, Bolivia to the northeast, Argentina to the east, and the Drake Passage in the far south. Chilean territory includes the Pacific islands of Juan Fernández, Salas y Gómez, Desventuradas, and Easter Island in Oceania. Chile also claims about 1,250,000 square kilometres of Antarctica, although all claims are suspended under the Antarctic Treaty.
- also known as Republic of Chile
- founded on (204 years ago)
- part of Latin America, Americas, South America
- instance of: South American country / South American nation = any one of the countries occupying the South American continent
- Patagonia = region in southern South America between the Andes and the South Atlantic
- Antofagasta = a port city on the Pacific in northern Chile
- Chiloe = the largest Chilean island and the only one to be settled
- Santiago de Chile / capital of Chile / Gran Santiago / Santiago = the capital and largest city of Chile; located in central Chile
- Punta Arenas = a city in southern Chile on the Strait of Magellan
- Temuco = a city in central Chile to the south of Concepcion
- Valparaiso = the chief port and second largest city of Chile
- Vina del Mar = a resort city on the Pacific in central Chile
- Tierra del Fuego = an archipelago off southern South America; separated from the continent by the Strait of Magellan
- Cape Horn = a rocky headland belonging to Chile at the southernmost tip of South America
- Cape Froward = a cape on the Strait of Magellan in southern Chile
- Atacama Desert = a desert in western Chile that extends roughly 600 miles south from the Peruvian border
- Guallatiri = the world's highest volcano; in the Andes in northern Chile
- Lascar = a volcano in the Andes in Chile
- Tupungatito = an inactive volcano in central Chile
- Andes = a mountain range in South America running 5000 miles along the Pacific coast
- El Muerto = a mountain peak in the Andes on the border between Argentina and Chile
- Llullaillaco = a mountain in the Andes on the border between Argentina and Chile
- Ojos del Salado = a mountain in the Andes on the border between Argentina and Chile
- Tupungato = a mountain in the Andes on the border between Argentina and Chile
- member of: OAS / Organization of American States = an association including most countries in the western hemisphere
- member: Chilean = a native or inhabitant of Chile
- read more about Chile (country)
- Chl a.k.a. Challis Airport is a city-owned public-use airport located one mile northeast of the central business district of Challis, a city in Custer County, Idaho, United States.
- Chl a.k.a. Cahuilla language: The Iviatim are Native Americans of the inland areas of southern California. Their original territory included an area of about 2,400 square miles. The traditional Cahuilla territory was near the geographic center of Southern California. It was bounded to the north by the San Bernardino Mountains, to the south by Borrego Springs and the Chocolate Mountains, to the east by the Colorado Desert, and to the west by the San Jacinto Plain and the eastern slopes of the Palomar Mountains.
- also known as Cahuilla, Cahuilla people
- CHL a.k.a. Conductive hearing loss occurs when there is a problem conducting sound waves anywhere along the route through the outer ear, tympanic membrane, or middle ear. This type of hearing loss may occur in conjunction with sensorineural hearing loss or alone.
- read more about Conductive hearing loss
- Chl a.k.a. chordin-like 1 is a gene.
- also known as chordin-like, neuralin 1, ventroptin
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for CHL
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Robert C. Schenck
The coracohumeral ligament (CHL) is an extra-articular, dense, fibrous structure. Histologically, the CHL is a thickened folding of the shoulder capsule without the ligamentous organization of parallel bundles of collagen fibers.
From Hia man to Kdo chl is a navigation of seventy-four king. The Sea of the Seven Isles% lies south-east of Khing too and Wdn * This is the Chinese named of Camboja. See Crawford, Embassy to Sim and Cochin China. t Siam. J Ava.
Critical Readings in Sociology by Michelle Webber, Kate Bezanson
The CHL is a junior-level, semiprofessional ice hockey league that accommodates young men mostlybetween the ages of 16 and 20. The league has 60 teams, 51 teams in Canada, and 9 teams in the U.S. The vast majority of players who ...
by Peter Grunwald
The human ASGPR is a heterotetramer, whereas the CHL is a homotrimer. On rat or rabbit hepatocyte surface, MHL may further associate into tightly packed aggregates (Lee and Lee, 1995). Oligomerization of hepatic lectins leads to high ...
How Tumors Evade Immunity and What Can Be Done by James H. Finke, Ronald M. Bukowski
SUMMARY CHL is a hematological malignancy in which an intricate network of immunological interactions appears to be crucially involved. The neoplastic HRS cells use a variety of strategies to evade immune reactions, but also shape the ...
by Sam W. Wiesel, John N. Delahay
The CHL is a primary restraint to inferior translation and external rotation in the adducted arm. The transverse humeral ligament forms the apex of the rotator interval and contributes to the superior soft tissue sling that stabilizes the long head of ...
Pediatric Lymphomas (2007)
by Howard J. Weinstein, Melissa M. Hudson, Michael P. Link
CHL is a disease of B cells while ALCL is usually demonstrated to have T- cell lineage, though up to 30% do not show T-cell markers. Demonstration of T-cell markers or T-cell gene rearrangement is strong evidence of ALCL rather than CHL.
r CHICK, CHl'CKEN, 'Lsi the young of a bird, particularly osa hen, or small bird. A tt'ord of tenderness. A term for a young girl.
by Charles Gordon Sinclair
Hop shoots jeung (Chl Ginger jewfish (USAl Giant sea hream Jewish chicken soup see gildeneh yoich Jewish salami A kosher salami made from heef with garlic and seasonings Jewish sausage Small sausages made of minced heef, onion ...
to which is prefixed, a Grammar of the English Language by Samuel Johnson
CHl'DER. /. [from chide.] A rebuker ; a reprover. Shake/scare. CHIEF, a. [cbcf, the head, French.] ï. Principal; most eminent. Kings. 2. Eminent; extraordinary. Pnverht. 3. Capital j of the first order.
A Complete and Universal English Dictionary on a New Plan: including not only ... a full explanation of difficult words and technical terms in all faculties and professions ... but ... a pronouncing dictionary ... To which are prefixed, A Free Enquiry into the Origin and Antiquity of Letters (by the Abbot Anselm) ... By ... James Barclay ... and others (1774)
by James Barclay (Curate of Edmonton.)
CHl'CKEN-POX, S. in Medicine, a species of the small-pox, butthe pustules are not so large. CHI'CKLlNG, S. a small orynungrhickcn. CHI'CK-WEED, S. in Botany, a trailing kind ofa weed, much used by bird-hreeders. To CHlDE, V. A. [ pretty ...
A Description of Tools, Instruments, Machines, Processes, and Engineering. With Indexical References to Technical Journals (1876-1880.) by Edward Henry Knight
chl. calc. sulp. acid, sulp acid, chl. ziuc. sulp. zinc, sulp. mercury aulp. acid. earth battery bon in the aur sulp...
chl. or nitr. pot.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for CHL
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about CHL
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of C3H4L1
The value of this 3-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CHL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of CHL!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of CHL to see it in context!