The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb chord:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun chord
- Definition of the verb chord
- Phrases with Chord
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Chord
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Chord
- Photos about Chord
- Video language resources about Chord
- Quotes about Chord
- Scrabble value of C3H4O1R1D2
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun chord
What does chord mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: chords
- a straight line connecting two points on a curve
- a combination of three or more notes that blend harmoniously when sounded together
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- more generic terms: musical note / note / tone = a notation representing the pitch and duration of a musical sound
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the noun chord
- [context: music] In music, a combination of any three or more notes sounded simultaneously.
- [geometry] A straight line between two points of a curve.
- [context: engineering] A horizontal member of a truss.
- [context: aeronautics] The distance between the leading and trailing edge of a wing, measured in the direction of the normal airflow.
- [computing] A keyboard shortcut that involves two or more distinct keypresses, such as Ctrl+M followed by P.
Definition of the verb chord
What does chord mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: chorded | chording | chords
- play chords on (a stringed instrument)
- bring into consonance, harmony, or accord while making music or singing
Chord is a musical group.
- albums: "Flora", "Progression", "Gmaj7"
- official website: neurotrecordings.com/artists/chord/chord.php
"Chord" is a musical album of Lukid.
- released in (5 years ago)
Chord is a fictional character from the 2014 film Open Windows.
- Chord: In aeronautics, chord refers to the imaginary straight line joining the leading and trailing edges of an airfoil. The chord length is the distance between the trailing edge and the point on the leading edge where the chord intersects the leading edge.
- Chord: In computing, Chord is a protocol and algorithm for a peer-to-peer distributed hash table. A distributed hash table stores key-value pairs by assigning keys to different computers; a node will store the values for all the keys for which it is responsible. Chord specifies how keys are assigned to nodes, and how a node can discover the value for a given key by first locating the node responsible for that key.
- Chord is software for creating staffless lead sheets in PostScript format. Chord was developed by Martin Leclerc and Mario Dorion. This project has been inactive for several years. It was forked in 2007 to a project called Chordii.
- license: GNU General Public License
- official website: www.harmony-central.com/Software/Unix
- Chord: In the field of astronomy the term chord typically refers to a line crossing an object which is formed during an occultation event. By taking accurate measurements of the start and end times of the event, in conjunction with the known location of the observer and the object's orbit, the length of the chord can be determined giving an indication of the size of the occulting object. By combining observations made from several different locations, multiple chords crossing the occulting object can be determined giving a more accurate shape and size model. This technique of using multiple observers during the same event has been used to derive more sophisticated shape models for asteroids, whose shape can be highly irregular. A notable example of this occurred in 2002 when the asteroid 345 Tercidina underwent a stellar occultation of a very bright star as seen from Europe. During this event a team of at least 105 observers recorded 75 chords across the asteroid's surface allowing for a very accurate size and shape determination.
- Chord: A chord is a concurrency construct available in Polyphonic C♯ and Cω inspired by the join pattern of the join-calculus. A chord is a function body that is associated with multiple function headers and cannot execute until all function headers are called.
Phrases with Chord
- Cycle Chord
- Major chord
- Minor chord
- Power chord
- Vocal Chord
- Broken Chord
- common chord
- seventh chord
- touch a chord
- Tristan Chord
- strike a chord
- Equal-Interval Chord
- Mixed-interval chord
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Chord
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Basic Elements of Music (2016)
A Primer for Musicians, Music Teachers, and Students by Michael J. Pagliaro
Seventh Chord—A seventh chord is a triad with the seventh degree of the scale added. There are...
An augmented major seventh chord is an augmented triad with a major seventh added. The notes ...
by Ryan King
A minor 7th chord is a minor triad plus a ______. 9. A fully diminished 7th chord is a ______ triad plus a ______. 10. VISUALLY a _____ is a 9, a 4 is an _____, and a ______ is a ______. 11. A ______ chord is made by moving the 3rd scale ...
Guitar Today, Book 2 (2005)
A Beginning Acoustic and Electric Guitar Method by Jerry Snyder
For example, the D7 chord is an extended D Chord. All major...
Elements of Euclid [selections from book 1-6] adapted to modern methods in geometry, by J. Bryce and D. Munn (1874)
by James Bryce
A semicircle is a segment whose chord is a diameter. 36. A sector of a circle is the figure contained by any arc and two radii drawn through its extremities. 37. When the two radii of a sector are at right angles to one another, the sector is called ...
by Rhinegold Education
complexion The downbeat of bar 21 has another bass suspension In bar 22 the chord is a dominant 7th with B as its root, but with A (the 7th) in the bass, making it the third inversion or V 7d ) 7Vd always resolves to Ib which happens here on ...
MOVABLE CHORD INTRODUCTION Definitions These chords are called " movable" because once a single fingering formation is learned, it can be moved up and down the fingerboard. In this way, a single fingering can be used for as many ...
Chord. Dictionary. CONTENTS. MANDOLIN PARTS 2 HOW TO HOLD THE MANDOLIN 3 GETTING ACQUAINTED WITH MUSIC 4 - 5 COM PA RA Tl VE NO TE VA L UES 6 MEASURES AND TIME SIGNA TURES 1 HOW TO TUNE YOUR ...
by Ed Hughes, Willard A. Palmer
MAJOR SCALE CHART A A B C* D E F* G* A B C* D E P G G A B C E F* G A B C D E \> F About CHORD POSITIONS Any chord may be played in many. Al> At Bt C Dt Et F G At Bt C Dt Et F B B C* D* E F* G* A* B C' D* E F* G* B Bt C D Et ...
Picture Chord Encyclopedia (2000)
Photos & Diagrams for 2,600 Guitar Chords! by Hal Leonard Corp.
A triad is a chord that is made up of only three notes. For example, a simple G major chord is a triad consisting of the notes G, B, and D.Thereare several types of triads, including major, minor, diminished, augmented, and suspended.
6 inch. x 9 inch. Edition by Hal Leonard Corp.
A triad is a chord that is made up of only three notes. For example, a simple G major chord is a triad consisting of the notes G, B, and D. There are several types of triads, including major, minor, diminished, augmented, and suspended.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Chord
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Chord
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Chord
Click on an item to play that video:
- Vic Juris Jazz Guitar Lesson [Advanced]: Expanding Your Chord Vocabulary
In this jazz guitar class, Vic Juris discusses some tips for expanding your guitar chord vocabulary. He goes through a few demonstration tunes including "All the ...
- GUITAR THEORY: Expanding Chord Vocabulary with Triads
- Expanding Your Chord Vocabulary - C6 Lap Steel Basics Vol. 4 - PART A - [HD]
- Jody Fisher - LACM Online Guitar Lesson Excerpt from "Building A Chord Vocabulary"
To learn more or enroll in this course...
- Jody Fisher - "Building A Chord Vocabulary" LACM Online Guitar Course
Learn more and sign up at...
- Expanding Your Chord Vocabulary - C6 Lap Steel Basics Vol. 4 - PART B - [HD]
- Rock Rhythm Guitar Lesson - #19 Chord Vocabulary - Survival Guide - Angus Clark
Full Course w/ Tab & Jams...
- Jazz Guitar Chord Training, Lesson 5: Terminology Explanation
This is the 5th assignment for jazz guitar improvisation taught by music teacher Scott Laird & Phillip Riggs at the NC School of Science & Math. This lesson ...
- Vic Juris - Expanding Your Chord Vocabulary
- Expanding your Jazz Chord vocabulary
- Simple Trick to Triple your Chord Vocabulary
PDF Lesson Examples - Drop 2 C Major 7 chords to Drop 3...
- Vic Juris - Expanding Your Chord Vocabulary
Excerpts from Vic's Master Class on...
- "Da Doo Ron Ron" -ukulele cover with chord explanation (C,F,G7) -Dan Amgine
"Da Doo Ron Ron" is a 1963 hit single by American vocal group The Crystals, produced by Phil Spector. The song was written by Jeff Barry, Ellie Greenwich and ...
- Old Geezer Uke, Guitar Chord Explanation for Deeno eight x3, Uncle Raggy
Question about Am (guitar chord) and Dm uke (chord) being the same, but different.
- The Neapolitan 6th Chord (N6)--an off-the-cuff explanation
This is a quick off-the-cuff and unrehearsed explanation of the Neapolitan 6th chord for Music Theory students. Essentially the N6 is a bII chord in first inversion ...
- Guitar Tips and Techniques : Guitar Chord Terminology
When talking about guitar chords you may find certain terms in use over and over again. Learn about guitar chord terminology with help from a professional and ...
- Chord Meaning
Video shows what chord means. A harmonic set of three or more notes that is heard as if sounding simultaneously.. A straight line between two points of a curve.
- Drop 2 - Exercise 3 from Developing a Chord Vocabulary for Jazz Guitar Vol II - iBook
This is a video from Developing a Chord Vocabulary for Jazz Guitar Vol II - iBook.
- 10. Chord Dexterity Exercise - Explanation
This exercise will prepare you for the most demanding chord changes by methodically training all your fingers to move at the same time and independently of ...
- A hard day's Night Opening Chord Explanation
well, yeah that's it, ...that cool.
- Download D'Accord Keyboard Chord Dictionary 1 Full Version
- Play F# Chord on the Guitar: Root Position : Guitar Chord Dictionary 15
Learn how to play the F# guitar chord in this free video series on music theory and guitar lessons. Expert: Kivett Bednar Bio: Kivett Bednar is a graduate of the ...
- God of Wonders Chord Description
- The Requinto Chord Dictionary
This a beginner's video to all those people that need to know how to play all the basic chords on the piano. Please visit: AnointedMusicians.org Credits: ...
- Play D7 Chord on the Guitar: 1st Inversion : Guitar Chord Dictionary 9
Learn how to play the D7 guitar chord in this free video series on music theory and guitar lessons. Expert: Kivett Bednar Bio: Kivett Bednar is a graduate of the ...
- Chord Dictionary and Dominant Chords - Guitar Lesson 63
The importance of building a chord vocabulary and a cool tip on how to use seventh chords. La importancia de desarrollar un vocabulario de acordes y un uso ...
- Advanced Music Theory & Songwriting : Chord Language: Advanced Music Theory & Songwriting
Learn advanced music theory and songwriting with topics such as chord language in this free online video lesson. Expert: Mark W. Black...
- Chord Dictionary
- Play Eb7 Chord on the Guitar: Root Position : Guitar Chord Dictionary 13
Learn how to play the Eb7 guitar chord in this free video series on music theory and guitar lessons. Expert: Kivett Bednar Bio: Kivett Bednar is a graduate of the ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Chord!
Quotes about Chord
Scrabble value of C3H4O1R1D2
The value of this 5-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine