Definition of the noun cicatrix
What does cicatrix mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: cicatrices / cicatrixes (less preferred form)
- a mark left (usually on the skin) by the healing of injured tissue
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- synonyms of cicatrix: cicatrice / scar
- more generic word: symptom = any sensation or change in bodily function that is experienced by a patient and is associated with a particular disease
- more specific words:
- callus = bony tissue formed during the healing of a fractured bone
- cheloid / keloid = raised pinkish scar tissue at the site of an injury
- pockmark = a scar or pit on the skin that is left by a pustule of smallpox or acne or other eruptive disease
- sword-cut = a scar from a cut made by a sword
- vaccination = the scar left following inoculation with a vaccine
Alternative definition of the noun cicatrix
- A scar that remains after the development of new tissue over a recovering wound or sore.
Phrases with cicatrix
Cicatrix is a record label.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for cicatrix
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopaedia medica (1902)
by Chalmers Watson
The cicatrix thus formed, however, is found to be weak, and very liable to break down again. In view of the much more satisfactory results obtained by processes no more difficult to carry out, this method is but seldom employed and is not to be ...
a systematic treatise on the theory and practice of surgery by John Ashhurst
Of late years the tendency among authors has been to disregard the distinction formerly drawn so closely between true or spontaneous keloid and the false keloid or hypertrophied cicatrix. There is a certain slight histological difference ...
Medical lexicon (1866)
by Robley Dunglison
Encyclopaedia Perthensis; Or Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, &c. Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
The disorder may arise from an enlargement of the eyeball, from dropficai swelling, or Irom the cicatrix of an old wound or abscess: fierce it is frequently produced by the small pox, burns, or fcrophtilaj but more frequently by a laxity ot the part in ...
The Element Encyclopedia of Secret Signs and Symbols: The Ultimate A–Z Guide from Alchemy to the Zodiac (2010)
by Adele Nozedar
A cicatrix is a scar, but not just any scar. It refers to a very specific incision that is scored onto the body and carries secret symbols pertaining to the person's religious or magical beliefs. A very painful process called scarification leaves these ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for cicatrix
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about cicatrix
If you need images about cicatrix for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Scrabble value of C3I1C3A1T1R1I1X8
The value of this 8-letter word is 19 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of cicatrix to find many related words and phrases!