On this page:
Definition of the noun cicatrix
What does cicatrix mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: cicatrices / cicatrixes (less preferred form)
- a mark left (usually on the skin) by the healing of injured tissue
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- synonyms of cicatrix: cicatrice / scar
- more generic word: symptom = any sensation or change in bodily function that is experienced by a patient and is associated with a particular disease
- more specific words:
- callus = bony tissue formed during the healing of a fractured bone
- cheloid / keloid = raised pinkish scar tissue at the site of an injury
- pockmark = a scar or pit on the skin that is left by a pustule of smallpox or acne or other eruptive disease
- sword-cut = a scar from a cut made by a sword
- vaccination = the scar left following inoculation with a vaccine
Alternative definition of the noun cicatrix
- A scar that remains after the development of new tissue over a recovering wound or sore.
Cicatrix is a record label.
Phrases with Cicatrix
- Codium Cicatrix
- Epicauta cicatrix
- Mixogaster Cicatrix
- Homaloxestis Cicatrix
- Species Codium Cicatrix
- species Epicauta cicatrix
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cicatrix
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Louise Southwood, Pamela A. Wilkins
Cicatrix is a regional disease, mainly restricted to the Texas panhandle region, but may be seen elsewhere in the southwestern US.
Definition/overview A cicatrix is a transverse circumferential scar within the nasopharynx. Affected horses ...
British Medical Journal (1889)
The cicatrix is a product of the body; it is a modified form of areolar tissue produced after accident, and intended not to kill, but to heal, to repair; and therefore it is a part of the frame, and is likely to contain its little channel and paths throu h ...
Encyclopaedia medica (1902)
by Chalmers Watson
The cicatrix thus formed, however, is found to be weak, and very liable to break down again. In view of the much more satisfactory results obtained by processes no more difficult to carry out, this method is but seldom employed and is not to be ...
cicatricial pemphigoid [L, cicatrix, scar; Gk, pemphix, blister or bubble; eidos, form ], a benign, chronic, usually bilateral, subepidermal blistering disease chiefly involving the mucous membranes, especially those of the mouth and eye. It heals ...
Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions - Australian & New Zealand Edition (2014)
by Peter Harris, Sue Nagy, Nicholas Vardaxis
See cicatrix. cicatricial alopecia ...
Medical Lexicon. A New Dictionary of Medical Science, containing a concise account of the various subjects and terms, ... and formulae for ... preparations etc. Third edition (1844)
CICJTRICE, Cicatrix. ClUATRlC'ULA. Diminutive of Cim'triz. A small ...
Cicatrix. Cicatrix is a scar. CID. Abbreviation of COMBINED IMMUNODEFICIENCY (CID). (See SEVERE COMBINED IMMUNODEFICIENCY.) Cilia. This term covers both the eyelashes, and the microscopic hairlike projections from the cells of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cicatrix
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cicatrix
If you need images about Cicatrix for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Video about Cicatrix
Video shows what cicatrix means. A scar that remains after the development of new tissue over a recovering wound or sore .. Cicatrix Meaning. How to ...
Scrabble value of C3I1C3A1T1R1I1X8
The value of this 8-letter word is 19 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Cicatrix to find many related words and phrases!