On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Cit
What does Cit mean as a name of something?
- [archaic] townsman, citydweller (term of contempt)
- CIT a.k.a. The California Institute of Technology is a private research university located in Pasadena, California, United States. Caltech has six academic divisions with strong emphasis on science and engineering. Its 124-acre primary campus is located approximately 11 mi northeast of downtown Los Angeles.
- read more about California Institute of Technology
- CIT a.k.a. Cork Institute of Technology, formerly the Regional Technical College, Cork, is an Institute of Technology in Ireland, located in Cork, Ireland opened in 1973. The institute has 17,000 students in art, business, engineering, music, drama and science disciplines. Cork Institute of Technology comprises two constituent Faculties and three constituent Colleges. The constituent Faculties are Engineering and Science, and Business and Humanities. The constituent colleges are the CIT Crawford College of Art and Design, the CIT Cork School of Music and the National Maritime College of Ireland.
- read more about Cork Institute of Technology
- Cit a.k.a. Shymkent International Airport is an airport serving Shymkent in South Kazakhstan Province, Kazakhstan.
- CIT a.k.a. Chiba Institute of Technology is a private university in Narashino, Chiba, Japan. abbreviated as Chiba kōdai,Chiba kō,kōdai,sen kōdai.
- read more about Chiba Institute of Technology
- CIT a.k.a. Citrulline: The organic compound citrulline is an α-amino acid. Its name is derived from citrullus, the Latin word for watermelon, from which it was first isolated in 1914 by Koga & Odake. It was finally identified by Wada in 1930. It has the formula H₂NCNH₃CHCO₂H. It is a key intermediate in the urea cycle, the pathway by which mammals excrete ammonia.
- read more about Citrulline
- Cit: Chit is a Sanskrit word meaning consciousness, "true consciousness", "to be consciousness of", "to understand", "to comprehend". It is a core principle in all ancient spiritual traditions originating from the Indian subcontinent. In Upanishads it is referred to as the Drishta or the Seer, the Sense that makes sense of all other sense experiences. Chit is one of the three aspects forming the Satcitananda nature of the Absolute, according to the Vedic scriptures.
- CIT: Citron Rho-interacting kinase is an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the CIT gene.
- Cit a.k.a. citron is a protein.
- read more about citron
- cit is a gene.
- CIT is a website.
- also known as Airport Code CIT, CIT Airport Code, Shymkent Airport
- Cit a.k.a. dehydrodolichyl diphosphate synthase is a gene.
- also known as OTTHUMP00000044969, cis-prenyl transferase, cis-isoprenyltransferase
- Cit a.k.a. citron (rho-interacting, serine/threonine kinase 21) is a gene.
- also known as rho-interacting, serine/threonine kinase 21; citron
- CIT a.k.a. Da Nang College of Information Technology is an educational institution, college/university.
- read more about Da Nang College of Information Technology
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cit
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Formal Models and Semantics (2014)
by Gerard Meurant
Informally, a typing axiom cit means that the symbol c has type t. Put another way, cit is an axiom about the type membership relation, which we write as “:”. The axiom says that the type membership relation holds between c and t. An example ...
by World Trade Organization
The CIT is a judicial organ of the United States. Its interpretation that Section 609 did not permit the import of TED- caught shrimp from non-certified countries should be treated as an authoritative interpretation of United States law. In the light of ...
Your Roadmap to Recovery by Peter G. Levine
Constraint-induced therapy (CIT) for the arm Traditional CIT is a stroke-recovery technique that involves constraining the “ good” arm ...
(Except Ornamentals) by Peter Hanelt, Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research
Pleurotus citrinopeleatus Sing., cit. in Sing., Agaric. Mod. Tax. (1986) 177. White oyster mushroom; G. WeiBer Austemseitling. The popular names are confused with the names for Pleurotus ostreatus. (Popular names often do not differentiate ...
by Simmi Jain
cit. 1.11 "Evam tri." 85. Op. cit. 1.17 "Ubhau va." 86. For the Mantras, see Tait.
by Henry Watts
cit.) Parmelia ciliaris, Ach. (Borrera ciliarii.) See analysis by John. (Chem. Schr. vi. 39.) Parmelia parittina, Ach. Contains chrysophanic acid, a yellow non-crystallisable colouring matter (Rochleder and Heldt, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cit
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cit
Click on an item to view that photo:
"Potrebbe piovere" (cit.)
Photo credit: chrisssss
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Cit
Click on an item to play that video:
- Cit Meaning
Video shows what cit means. townsman, city dweller. Cit Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say cit. Powered by MaryTTS ...
- CIT 380 Gate Check: Planning/Definition
- Life has a different meaning...KIRAN PROJECT CIT 15
- CIT description 2015
- Learning a language: How CIT's English language students use technology in the classroom
This video explores how students studying English as a second language at CIT are benefiting from the use of the interactive white board (IWB). The interactive ...
- Laura Florand, CIT Video Fellow, on video and language learning
- Teaching at CIT - Lesley Cioccarelli, English as a Second Language
- COPS!! [ESL]Taco & BraMa [CIT/CNR]
- Download Writing About Architecture Mastering the Language of Buildings and Cit
See also the pronunciation examples of Cit!
Scrabble value of C3I1T1
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CIT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Cit!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Cit to see it in context!