On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun citrus tree
What does citrus tree mean as a name of something?
- any of numerous tropical usually thorny evergreen trees of the genus Citrus having leathery evergreen leaves and widely cultivated for their juicy edible fruits having leathery aromatic rinds
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of citrus tree: citrus
- more generic term: fruit tree = tree bearing edible fruit
- more specific terms:
- orange tree / orange = any citrus tree bearing oranges
- Citrus decumana / Citrus grandis / Citrus maxima / pomelo tree / shaddock / pummelo / pomelo = southeastern Asian tree producing large fruits resembling grapefruits
- Citrus medica / citron tree / citron = thorny evergreen small tree or shrub of India widely cultivated for its large lemonlike fruits that have thick warty rind
- Citrus paradisi / grapefruit = citrus tree bearing large round edible fruit having a thick yellow rind and juicy somewhat acid pulp
- mandarin orange tree / Citrus reticulata / mandarin orange / mandarin = shrub or small tree having flattened globose fruit with very sweet aromatic pulp and thin yellow-orange to flame-orange rind that is loose and easily removed
- Citrus tangelo / tangelo tree / ugli fruit / tangelo = hybrid between grapefruit and mandarin orange
- Citrus limonia / rangpur lime / lemanderin / rangpur = hybrid between mandarin orange and lemon having very acid fruit with orange peel
- Citrus limon / lemon tree / lemon = a small evergreen tree that originated in Asia but is widely cultivated for its fruit
- Citrus aurantifolia / lime tree / lime = any of various related trees bearing limes
- Citroncirus webberi / citrange tree / citrange = more aromatic and acidic than oranges
- kumquat tree / cumquat / kumquat = any of several trees or shrubs of the genus Fortunella bearing small orange-colored edible fruits with thick sweet-flavored skin and sour pulp
- part: citrous fruit / citrus fruit / citrus = any of numerous fruits of the genus Citrus having thick rind and juicy pulp
- member of: genus Citrus = orange; lemon; lime
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Citrus Tree
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Concise Guide to Over 385 Plant Oils: Easyread Large Bold Edition by Carol Schiller
• Lime is an evergreen citrus tree native to Asia. The tree grows to a height of about 10 feet (3 meters) and has fragrant white flowers that develop into green fruits with an acid pulp. • Key lime is a small evergreen tree native to Asia.
by Carla Emery
There is a “citron” fruit that looks likea large lemon and growson a small shrubby citrus tree (Citrus medica). The preserved rind is used toflavor cakes andpuddings.
Crossword Puzzle Dictionary (2015)
by Murali Mohan Hundigam
of Muscat—Omani Citizen of Northeast African state—Ethiopian Citizen of Vientiane—Laotian Citizen soldiers—militia Citrus fruit—lemon, lime, orange, satsuma, Ugli Citrusmarinated seafood appetiser—ceviche Citrus peel—zest Citrus tree ...
The Indispensable Green Resource for Every Gardener by Fern Marshall Bradley, Barbara W. Ellis, Ellen Phillips
A single mature citrus tree yields more than enough fruit for a family. If you plant more than one tree of the same type, select cultivars with different harvest times, or plant different types of citrus so you won't be overwhelmed with one kind offruit.
by Jules Janick, Robert E. Paull
Limited success has been achieved in developing dwarfing rootstocks that reduce citrus tree size permitting the use of ultra-high density plantings, like those used for apples or peaches. Traditional rootstock breeding and field testing require ...
by S. Gangolli
Megascolex mauritii earthworm Juga plicifera gastropod Melanoplus sanguinipes grasshopper Juncus bulbosas soft-water plant Melicope leptococca citrus tree from New Juncus roemerianus soft-water plant Caledonia Kitasatosporia setae ...
by Tova Navarra
Originally an Asian citrus tree, Citrus sinensis, that yielded fruits whose outer peel was prepared as a remedy for loss of appetite and indigestion. See also ORANGE PEEL. Chinese foxglove root ...
by Houghton Mifflin Company, Webster
atnnus '- Lat- citrus, citrus tree. 1. A pale-yellow quartz resembling topaz. 2. A light to moderate olive — ci-trine' adi citTon slt'rao) a. (ft. < Oft < Lat. amis] 1. •. A tree native to Asia, Citrus medico, bearing lemonlike fruit with a thick, aromatic ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Citrus Tree
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Citrus Tree
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Citrus Tree
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'citrus tree"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Citrus Tree to see it in context!