The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Usage statistics for the noun client:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun client:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun client
- Phrases with Client
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Client
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Client
- Photos about Client
- Video language resources about Client
- Sign language
- Quotes about Client
- Scrabble value of C3L1I1E1N1T1
- Anagrams of CLIENT
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun client
What does client mean as a name of something?
Client is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural: clients
- a person who seeks the advice of a lawyer
- someone who pays for goods or services
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of client: customer
- more generic word: consumer = a person who uses goods or services
- more specific words:
- purchaser / emptor / vendee / buyer = a person who buys
- guest = a customer of a hotel or restaurant etc.
- frequenter / patron = a regular customer
- policyholder = a person who holds an insurance policy
- shopper = someone who visits stores in search of articles to buy
- disburser / expender / spender = someone who spends money to purchase goods or services
- subscriber / reader = someone who contracts to receive and pay for a service or a certain number of issues of a publication
- taker = one who accepts an offer
- warrantee = a customer to whom a warrant or guarantee is given
- whoremaster / whoremonger / trick / john = a prostitute's customer
- member of: business relation = a relation between different business enterprises
- (computer science) any computer that is hooked up to a computer network
- domain: computer science / computing
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of client: guest / node
- more generic terms: computer / computing device / computing machine / data processor / electronic computer / information processing system = a machine for performing calculations automatically
- part of: computer network = a network of computers
Alternative definition of the noun client
- A customer, a buyer or receiver of goods or services.
- [computing] The role of a computer application or system that requests and/or consumes the services provided by another having the role of server.
- Person who receives help or advice from a professional person (ex. a lawyer, an accountant, a social worker, a psychiatrist, etc).
- [legal] A person who employs or retains an attorney to represent him or her in any legal matter, or one who merely divulges confidential matters to an attorney while pursuing professional assistance without subsequently retaining the attorney.
Client are an English electronic music group from London, formed in 2002. They are most popular in Germany where they have had limited commercial success. They typically combine airline hostess uniforms or shiny fetish fashion outfits with glamour-girl aesthetics and harsh electronics to create a sound reminiscent of early forays into electronic sound manipulation and new wave. Their uniforms have become their trademark.
- genres: Electronic music, Synthpop, Electroclash, New Wave
- albums: "Client", "City", "Radio", "Pornography", "The Rotherham Sessions", "Here and Now", "In It for the Money", "Price of Love", "Rock and Roll Machine", "Lights Go Out", "Zerox Machine", "Drive", "It's Not Over", "Metropolis", "Heartland", "Going Down", "Untitled Remix", "Command", "Live at Club Koko", "Authority"
- official website: www.client-online.eu
- "Client" a.k.a. "The Client" is a 1994 American legal thriller film directed by Joel Schumacher, and starring Susan Sarandon, Tommy Lee Jones and Brad Renfro in his film debut. It is based on the novel of the same name by John Grisham. The film was released in the United States on July 20, 1994.
- also known as Le Client
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Arnon Milchan & Steven Reuther
- art direction by James F. Truesdale
- written by Akiva Goldsman & Robert Getchell
- based on "The Client" by John Grisham
- Anthony Edwards as Clint Von Hooser
- Will Patton as Sergeant Hardy
- Anthony LaPaglia as Barry 'The Blade' Muldano
- Susan Sarandon as Reggie Love
- Tommy Lee Jones as 'Reverend' Roy Foltrigg
- Mary-Louise Parker as Dianne Sway
- Brad Renfro as Mark Sway
- Ossie Davis as Harry Roosevelt
- J. T. Walsh as McThune
- Kim Coates as Paul Gronke
- Kimberly Scott as Doreen
- William H. Macy as Dr. Greenway
- Bradley Whitford as Thomas Fink
- Anthony Heald as Trumann
- Micole Mercurio as Momma Love
- William Sanderson as Wally Boxx
- Walter Olkewicz as Romey
- Amy Hathaway as Karen
- Jo Harvey Allen as Claudette
- Ron Dean as Johnny Sulari
- William Richert as Harry Bono
- Will Zahrn as Gill Beale
- Mark Cabus as Detective Nassar
- Dan Castellaneta as Slick Moeller
- John Diehl as Jack Nance
- Tom Kagy as Wheelchair Patient
- Alex Coleman as Newscaster #1
- Linn Sitler as Newscaster #2
- Stephanie Weaver as Newscaster #3
- Todd Demers as Newscaster #4
- Ashtyn Tyler as Amber
- Ruby Wilson as Receptionist
- Andrew Stahl as Agent Scherff
- Ronnie Landry as Waiter at Antoine's
- Jeffrey Buckner Ford as Bailiff
- Macon McCalman as Ballatine
- Michael Detroit as Jail Medic
- John Fink as Lieutenant
- Mimmye Goode as Night Nurse
- Robert Hatchett as Paramedic
- Connye Florance as Telda
- Sandra Bray as Reporter #1
- Yvonne Sanders as Reporter #2
- Norm Woodel as Reporter #3
- Karen Walker as Reporter #4
- Rebecca Jernigan as Emergency Nurse
- Tommy Cresswell as Third FBI Agent
- Nat Robinson as Special Agent Boch
- Mary McCusker as Pretty Girl
- Bettina Rose as Woman at Desire
- cinematography by Tony Pierce-Roberts
- music by Howard Shore
- location: New Orleans
- genres: Trial drama, Crime Fiction, Mystery, Crime Thriller, Film adaptation, Suspense, Thriller, Drama
- subject: Law
- tagline: A district attorney out for a conviction. A new lawyer out of her league. A young boy who knew...
- rating: PG-13 (USA)
- released on (20 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Academy Award for Best Actress (Role: Reggie Love) nomination for Susan Sarandon
- "Client": French cinema has never been shy about depicting female desire. Cliente, Josiane Balasko’s matter-of-fact comedy about the commodification of love, is no exception.An elegant entrepreneur in her fifties, Judith unapologetically engages male escorts to minister to her sexual pleasure. When she answers Patrick’s ad, she’s charmed by the sensitive fellow in the classic suit; it’s as if he stepped right out of the Nouvelle Vague films of her youth. But from the get-go, things with this good-natured gent aren’t as efficient as with other lovers. Not only is he unable to sustain an erection on their second date, but power dynamics and his private life begin to muddy their arrangement.At home in the Paris projects, Patrick is buckling under pressure to support a gaggle of demanding relatives, including his adorable wife, Fanny, who's getting wise to his secret financial scheme. And just as you think they’ll be propelled onto predictable paths befitting characters in a less-playful, less-astute story, Judith, Patrick, and Fanny veer into murky emotional terrain, reluctantly getting tangled in a bittersweet triangle.Part bedroom farce, class melodrama, and feminist foray, Cliente is elevated by the superb performances of Eric Caravaca and Nathalie Baye. It boldly illuminates the challenge of contemporary women to define satisfaction on their own terms—somewhere between autonomy and interdependence.
- also known as A French Gigolo, Cliente
- country: France
- languages: French, English Language
- cinematography by Robert Alazraki
- edited by Claudine Merlin & Marie De La Selle
- music by DJ Kore
- genres: Romance Film, Romantic comedy, Comedy-drama, Comedy, Drama
- subject: Male prostitution
- released on (7 years ago)
- Client is a fictional character from the 2001 film Salad Days.
- Client is a fictional character from the 1984 film A Woman in the Mirror.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2012 film La Ville Lumière.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2010 film A Stoker.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2009 film Accident.
- Client is a fictional character in the 2006 Japanese film Strawberry Shortcakes.
- Client is a fictional character in the 2006 Japanese film Strawberry Shortcakes.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2009 film C Me Dance.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2005 film Zarin.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2005 film Your Name is Justine.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2001 film Light of My Eyes.
- Client is a fictional character from the film Love in the Nick of Tyme.
- Client is a fictional character from 1968 drama film '68.
- Client is a fictional character from the play Irma La Douce.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2008 film Tokyo!.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2010 film SubHysteria.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2011 film What Women Want.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2013 film Pain & Gain.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2012 film As High As The Sky.
- Client is a fictional character from the 1991 film The Master Demon.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2014 film Autómata.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2009 film The Girlfriend Experience.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2009 film The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2006 film Flannel Pajamas.
- The Client is a fictional character in the 2014 short film Tonight It's Me.
- Client is a fictional character from the 1974 film Successive Slidings of Pleasure.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2011 film Puncture.
- Client is a fictional character from the 1964 film let's talk about women.
- Client is a fictional character from the 1937 film Lawyer Vera.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2013 film Favor.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2012 film Sexting in Suburbia.
- Client is a fictional character from the 1989 film True Believer.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2012 film The Seasoning House.
- Client is a fictional character from the 2012 film "Les Miserables".
Client: A client is a piece of computer hardware or software that accesses a service made available by a server. The server is often on another computer system, in which case the client accesses the service by way of a network. The term applies to programs or devices that are part of a client–server model.
- also known as 客户端
Phrases with Client
Phrases starting with the word Client:
Phrases ending with the word Client:
Other phrases containing the word Client:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Client
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Ben Farmer, Dr Hentie J Louw, Hentie Louw, Adrian Napper
The client is the innocent, while the architect retains power and can subtly manipulate the client in so many ways. This aspect of morality in...
The General Securities Sales Supervisor Qualification Examination--General Module by The Securities Institute of America, Inc.
A registered representative generally may not borrow money or securities from a client unless the client is a bank or other...
a representative may borrow from a client if: • The client is an immediate relative, such as a husband, parent, in-law, ...
Children in Difficulty (2004)
A Guide to Understanding and Helping by Julian Elliott, Maurice Place
Introduction Perhaps the most important distinction between the child and the adult client is that children with difficulties rarely seek help themselves. Rather, they are typically referred for help by concerned others, usually the child's family or ...
Encyclopaedia of AIDS (2003)
by G.C. Satpathy
the medical and emotional needs, to maximise client uptake, participation and involvement. Poor quality of VCT services was also noted to be a considerable problem in a study from South Africa (Viljoen et al., 1998235). Only 85 per cent of ...
CLIENT SERVER SYSTEM CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM: Any method to organized related health information for retrieval, manipulation, and storage. CLEAN BOOT: A computer systems startup without load. CLEAN CLAIM: A claim that ...
The Internet Encyclopedia (2004)
by Hossein Bidgoli
Introduction Client/Server Classification Presentation-Application-Data (P-A-D) Architecture Tier-Based Client/Server Classification Server Functionality Client/ Server Classification Enabling Technologies Middleware Component Software 199 ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Client
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Client
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: hikarikariudo
- Client Liaison
Photo credit: kingArthur_aus
- IRC Client - ii
What is a good command-line IRC client on Linux
If you would like to use this photo, be sure to place a proper attribution linking to xmodulo.com
Photo credit: xmodulo
- Client Work
Models: Jolene & Dylan
Photo credit: Harlow Heslop
- Qua-Boing Playground (client)
Photo credit: tysongoodridge
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Client
Click on an item to play that video:
- Business English Vocabulary - CUSTOMER & CLIENT
- Client Meaning
Video shows what client means. A customer, a buyer or receiver of goods or services.. The role of a computer application or system that requests and/or ...
- EHTrust(tm) Client Explanation
2. The Saturday Teleconference And Webinar Trainings (every Saturday AM). Affiliate Membership is not necessary (public invited for next two weeks). To get on ...
- Speaker Clip: "Trust & Value" Discovering the True Meaning of Client Value
In his speech, "Trust & Value: How to Compete in a Brutally Competitive Environment," professional speaker and award-winning author Jeff Beals tells an ...
- Definition of success in Market Research agency / client partnerships
Denyse Drummond-Dunn from C3Centricity is interviewed on her definition of success, by Helen Passingham-Hughes, TNS, London March 2007.
- Ghost Client and Triggerbot Explanation
"Ghost clients",or whatever they are, are a lot more sophisticated than your average resilience or huzuni. The function most commonly used to subtly hack is ...
- 15 Ways Clip Use Your Client's Vocabulary
- PromoSEO Client Google Search Explanation
- The Lab Gym Training Academy: Hyperextensions-explanation to client and trainers meeting
The Lab Gym Training Academy: Hyperextensions-explanation to client and trainers meeting.
- Client Story: Continuous Software Delivery definition and adoption for a Global Enterprise
- 7 (Play HTML) Explain chrome browser being client in web terminology
- Peak Fitness client program explanation
- Definition Attention to Client
- Chad Yancy Client Testimonial and Homes For Heroes Program Explanation
- Explanation of the intended virtual design for a client
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Internet or intranet client application development services
- League of legends - How to change client language
- Margaret's Perfect Client Description Exercise
- 3 Amazing Body Language Tips For Meeting a New Client
Track Your Presentations for Free...
- Soft Skills Training: Building Business Trust Through Speaking Your Client's Language
Steve Vislisel of PowerofPartnership.net asks: Why do you "click" with some clients and not with others? In this video Steve gives guidelines to vary your ...
- NJP: Advocating for Your Client's Language Access Needs
A short training for attorneys in Washington State: this video will introduce you to some important tools for advocating for your LEP client's language access ...
- Minecraft PvP ITA #10:Dombo Combo!1!1 Free Ghost client (description)
- How to change client language
- Client description of evolve - Sterre
- Efficient Language Coaching Corporate Client
- ELC - Initial Language Coaching Session - Private Client
- Representational Systems: Using the Senses to Persuade by Speaking Your Client's Language
- MBS Consultancy Dictionary: 'The Hidden Client'
Professor Syd Howell, Director of Consultancy Projects and Dr Mike Arundale, Associate Director of Consultancy Projects, explain 'The Hidden Client'. Find out ...
- Examples of Representational Systems: Speaking Your Client's Language
- Language Error | ROTMG Hacked Client Solving mac
All you need to do to solve the problem loading language. For downloading the client go to...
See also the pronunciation examples of Client!
Client Review of Craig Wiggins Agency - his sign language speaks loud and clear
Quotes about Client
Chances are that neither the client nor the agency will ever know very much about what role the ad has played in sales or profits of the client, either short-term or long-term. (Michael Schudson)
more quotes about client...
Scrabble value of C3L1I1E1N1T1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CLIENT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Client!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Client to see it in context!