On this page:
Definition of the noun climbing fumitory
What does climbing fumitory mean as a name of something?
- vine with feathery leaves and white or pinkish flowers; sometimes placed in genus Fumaria
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Adlumia cirrhosa / species Adlumia cirrhosa / Adlumia cirrhosa alba / variety Adlumia cirrhosa alba / Adlumia cirrhosa elatior / variety Adlumia cirrhosa elatior / Adlumia cirrhosa rosea / variety Adlumia cirrhosa rosea / Adlumia cirrhosa rupestris / variety Adlumia cirrhosa rupestris / Adlumia fungosa / species Adlumia fungosa / Bicuculla fumarioides / species Bicuculla fumarioides / Bicuculla fungosa / species Bicuculla fungosa / Capnoides scandens / species Capnoides scandens / Corydalis fungosa / species Corydalis fungosa / Diclytra cirrosa / species Diclytra cirrosa / Fumaria fungosa / species Fumaria fungosa / Fumaria recta / species Fumaria recta
- synonym of climbing fumitory: Allegheny vine
- more generic word: vine = a plant with a weak stem that derives support from climbing, twining, or creeping along a surface
- geographic area: North America
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Climbing Fumitory
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by James Britten, Robert Holland
Climbing Fumitory, Hen's-foot. CORYDALIS LUTEA, DC. +Lady's Pincushion, + Mother of Thousands, +Pincushion. CORYDALIs s0LmA, L. *Bird-in-a-bush, or * Bird-on-a-thorn. CORYDALIS TUBEROSA, DC, Holewort, Hollow-root, Hollow- wort.
Nelson's Encyclopaedia (1907)
Everybody's Book of Reference ...
The climbing fumitory, which ...
climbing fumitory, 0. culata. climbing- iron,*. [Clihbeb, II. 3.] climbing -palms, s. pi. A name given to palms of the genus l)esmoncus. cllmblng-perch, *. Ichthy.: Anabas scandens. An Indian species of perch which quits the water and makes ...
by Christopher Brickell
Climbing fumitory. See Adlumia fungosa. Climbing hydrangea. See Hydrangea petiolaris. Cloth-of-gold crocus. See Crocus angustifolius. Clove currant. See Ribes odoratum. Clover. See Trifolium. Clown orchid. See Rossioglossum grande.
climbing fumitory, s. A plant, Corydalis claviculata. climbing-iron, s. [CLIMBER, s., II.3.] *:::: s. pl. A name given to palms of the genus Desmoncus. climbing-perch, s.
An Exhaustive Dictionary of the English Language : Practical and Comprehensive : Giving the Fullest Definition (encyclopedic in Detail), the Origin, Pronunciation and Use of Words by Robert Hunter, Edward Thomas Roe, Le Roy Hooker, Thomas W. Handford
climbing fumitory, s. A plant, Corydalis claviculata. climbing-iron, s. [CLIMBER, s., II. 3..] climbing-palms, s. pl. A name given to ...
by Robert Hunter, John Alfred Williams, Sidney John Hervon Herrtage
IT Climbing fumitory: Adlumia cirrhosat It Is commonly known as the Alleghany vine; is a biennial climbing plant with handsome feathery leaves and large clusters of pink and whito flowers. f fim -mel, s. [A French rural word for femelle= female ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Climbing Fumitory
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Climbing Fumitory
Monarch on Climbing Fumitory
St. Martin Island provides important stopover habitat for birds and other migrating species like monarch butterflies.
Photo by Tina Shaw/USFWS.
Photo credit: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service - Midwest Region
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Climbing Fumitory to find many related words and phrases!