The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun cm:
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun cm
What does cm mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- cm: -
- Cm: -
- a metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter
- lexical domain: Quantities - nouns denoting quantities and units of measure
- synonyms of cm: centimeter / centimetre
- more generic term: metric linear unit = a linear unit of distance in metric terms
- part of: decimeter / decimetre / dm = a metric unit of length equal to one tenth of a meter
- part: millimeter / millimetre / mm = a metric unit of length equal to one thousandth of a meter
- a radioactive transuranic metallic element; produced by bombarding plutonium with helium nuclei
Cm a.k.a. Cameroon, officially the Republic of Cameroon, is a country in Central Africa. It is bordered by Nigeria to the west; Chad to the northeast; the Central African Republic to the east; and Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, and the Republic of the Congo to the south. Cameroon's coastline lies on the Bight of Bonny, part of the Gulf of Guinea and the Atlantic Ocean. The country is often referred to as "Africa in miniature" for its geological and cultural diversity. Natural features include beaches, deserts, mountains, rainforests, and savannas. The highest point is Mount Cameroon in the southwest, and the largest cities are Douala, Yaoundé, and Garoua. Cameroon is home to over 200 different linguistic groups. The country is well known for its native styles of music, particularly makossa and bikutsi, and for its successful national football team. French and English are the official languages. After independence, the newly united nation joined the Commonwealth of Nations, although the vast majority of its territories had previously been a German colony and, after World War I, a French mandate.
- also known as République du Cameroun, Republic of Cameroon, Africa in miniature, Cameroun
- founded on (55 years ago)
- part of Africa, Central Africa
- instance of: African country / African nation = any one of the countries occupying the African continent
- member: Cameroonian = a native or inhabitant of Cameroon
- read more about Cameroon (country)
CM a.k.a. C.M. is a musical group.
- read more about C.M.
- Cm a.k.a. Copa Airlines: Compañía Panameña de Aviación, S.A., operating as Copa Airlines, is an airline based in Panama City, Panama, and serves as Panama's flag carrier. Their main base of operations is Tocumen International Airport, and in 2013 the airline carried 11.345 million passengers on more than 326 daily scheduled flights to 69 destinations in 30 countries in North, Central and South America, and the Caribbean. Copa is a subsidiary of Copa Holdings, S.A. as well as a member of the Star Alliance.
- also known as COPA, Compañía Panameña de Aviación
- official website: www.copaair.com
- CM a.k.a. CipherMax, Inc.
- read more about CipherMax
- CM is a fictional character from the 2010 film Shikshanachya Aaicha Gho.
- CM is a fictional character from the 2000 film Badri.
- CM is a fictional character from the 2010 film Oranges and Sunshine.
- CM is a fictional character from the 2001 film Rakshasa Rajavu.
"CM" is a musical album of Cornelius.
- released on (16 years ago)
- Cm a.k.a. Curium is a transuranic radioactive chemical element with symbol Cm and atomic number 96. This element of the actinide series was named after Marie and Pierre Curie – both were known for their research on radioactivity. Curium was first intentionally produced and identified in July 1944 by the group of Glenn T. Seaborg at the University of California, Berkeley. The discovery was kept secret and only released to the public in November 1945. Most curium is produced by bombarding uranium or plutonium with neutrons in nuclear reactors – one tonne of spent nuclear fuel contains about 20 grams of curium.
- also known as 锔
- CM a.k.a. Configuration management is a systems engineering process for establishing and maintaining consistency of a product's performance, functional and physical attributes with its requirements, design and operational information throughout its life. The CM process is widely used by military engineering organizations to manage complex systems, such as weapon systems, vehicles, and information systems. Outside the military, the CM process is also used with IT service management as defined by ITIL, resp. ISO/IEC 20000, and with other domain models in the civil engineering and other industrial engineering segments such as roads, bridges, canals, dams, and buildings.
- read more about Configuration management
- cm: .cm is the country code top-level domain for Cameroon.
- also known as .cm
- official website: netcom.cm
- CM a.k.a. CM Telecom: We are building the worlds best platform for mobile messaging and payments.
- read more about CM Telecom
- CM is a youth and community music organisation in England.
- also known as Community Music
- Cm a.k.a. Classical Mongolian language: Classical Mongolian is an extinct Mongolic language formerly used in Mongolia, China, and Russia. It is a standardized written language used in a number of written texts such as the translation of the Kanjur and Tanjur and several chronicles roughly between 1700 and 1900. The term is sometimes also used to refer to any language documents in Mongolian script that are neither Pre-classical nor modern Mongolian.
- Cm is a file format.
- Cm a.k.a. Member of the Order of Canada is a chivalric title.
Scrabble value of C3M3
The value of this 2-letter word is 6 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.