On this page:
- Definition of the adjective cocky
- Definition of the noun cocky
- Phrases with Cocky
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cocky
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cocky
- Photos about Cocky
- Video language resources about Cocky
- Quotes about Cocky
- Scrabble value of C3O1C3K5Y4
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective cocky
What does cocky mean as an attribute of a noun?
Cocky is one of the top 1000 most common adjectives in the English language.
adjective - degrees: more cocky / cockier | most cocky / cockiest
- overly self-confident or self-assertive
Definition of the noun cocky
What does cocky mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: cockies
- Abbreviation of cockatoo, especially when talking to such a bird, as in "hello cocky".
- synonym: birdie
- [Australia, New Zealand, informal] A farmer, particularly a small-time farmer.
- synonym: see also farmer
- [New Zealand, informal] A sheep farmer, specifically (due to prevalence of sheep in New Zealand); a cow farmer being called a cow 'cocky'.
Cocky a.k.a. Tao is a fictional character from the 1980 film Encounters of the Spooky Kind.
- read more about Tao
- "Cocky" is Kid Rock's fifth album released with Atlantic Records, his fifth studio album overall, released in 2001. This is Kid Rock's first album where he takes a turn as a country singer. The release of "Picture" featuring Sheryl Crow revived the struggling album in 2003, and in May 2011 it was certified 5x platinum by the RIAA. It has sold 5,344,000 copies in the US as of December 2013.
- "Cocky" is a composition.
- music by Andy Mineo
Cocky is the costumed mascot of the University of South Carolina athletics teams. He represents a cartoon version of a gamecock.
- official website: gamecocksonline.cstv.com/ot/spirit/cocky-corner-index.html
Phrases with Cocky
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cocky
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Godzone Dictionary (2010)
Of Favourite New Zealand Words and Phrases by Max Cryer
Cocky is short for cockatoo, the Australian bird with a Dutch-Malaysian name. City dwellers regarded the more bleak open spaces of the countryside, preferred by farmers, as fit only for cockatoos. Cocky can be qualified depending on what the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cocky
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cocky
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Just-Lou
Photo credit: dreamshovel
Photo credit: ka3vo
Photo credit: S Baker
Photo credit: ibsut
Photo credit: -ab
Photo credit: mihail_krastev
Photo credit: mikecogh
Photo credit: 70023venus2009
Photo credit: Wayne Rhys
- Hello cocky
Photo credit: coljac
Photo credit: Dondi Joseph
- Cocky Gator
Photo credit: Steve Snodgrass
- Cocky Dude
You'd have to see this kid walk (or, more aptly, strut) to understand how proud and confident he was.
Photo credit: jammmick
- Cocky pair
Photo credit: lauraeleven11
- Cocky cubed
After a long day...
Photo credit: _foam
- Cocky Raven
A few minutes before flying off with someone's lunch bag.
Photo credit: colink.
- Cocky bastard
Photo credit: adactio
- Cocky cat
Photo credit: maessive
- Hello cocky
Photo credit: coljac
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Cocky
Click on an item to play that video:
- Cocky Meaning
Video shows what cocky means. Abbreviation of cockatoo; used when pretending to talk to such a bird, as in "hello cocky".. A cockatoo farmer.. A sheep farmer..
- Cocky's joy Meaning
Video shows what cocky's joy means. Golden syrup.. Cocky's joy Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say cocky's joy. Powered by ...
- Cashpoint (ATM) with Cocky Rhyming Slang!
This video was uploaded from an Android phone.
- Definition of Cocky
See also the pronunciation examples of Cocky!
Quotes about Cocky
An arrogant bug is a cocky roach.
more quotes about cocky...
Scrabble value of C3O1C3K5Y4
The value of this 5-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Cocky to see it in context!