On this page:
Definition of the noun common fraction
What does common fraction mean as a name of something?
- the quotient of two integers
- lexical domain: Quantities - nouns denoting quantities and units of measure
- synonym of common fraction: simple fraction
- more generic word: fraction = the quotient of two rational numbers
- more specific terms:
- one-half / half = one of two equal parts of a divisible whole
- one-third / tierce / third = one of three equal parts of a divisible whole
- two-thirds = two of three equal parts of a divisible whole
- twenty-five percent / fourth part / one-quarter / one-fourth / quartern / quarter / fourth = one of four equal parts
- three-quarters / three-fourths = three of four equal parts
- twenty percent / fifth part / one-fifth / fifth = one part in five equal parts
- one-sixth / sixth = one part in six equal parts
- one-seventh / seventh = one part in seven equal parts
- one-eighth / eighth = one part in eight equal parts
- one-ninth / ninth = one part in nine equal parts
- ten percent / tenth part / one-tenth / tenth = a tenth part
- twelfth part / one-twelfth / duodecimal / twelfth = one part in twelve equal parts
- sixteenth part / one-sixteenth / sixteenth = one part in sixteen equal parts
- thirty-second part / one-thirty-second / thirty-second = one part in thirty-two equal parts
- one-sixtieth / sixtieth = one part in sixty equal parts
- one-sixty-fourth / sixty-fourth = one part in sixty-four equal parts
- one-hundredth / one percent / hundredth = one part in a hundred equal parts
- one-thousandth / thousandth = one part in a thousand equal parts
- one-ten-thousandth / ten-thousandth = one part in ten thousand equal parts
- one-hundred-thousandth = one part in a hundred thousand equal parts
- one-millionth / millionth = one part in a million equal parts
- one-hundred-millionth = one part in a hundred million equal parts
- one-billionth / billionth = one part in a billion equal parts
- one-trillionth / trillionth = one part in a trillion equal parts
- one-quadrillionth / quadrillionth = one part in a quadrillion equal parts
- one-quintillionth / quintillionth = one part in a quintillion equal parts
Alternative definition of the noun common fraction
- [arithmetic] A fraction in the form of one integer divided by another, non-zero, integer.
- synonym: vulgar fraction
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for common fraction
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A - Ana
fraction reduced to a common fraction. Note. The subject of life annu.t.es forms by .tself a dis- Th y the continued fraction ...
It is easy to see in what manner the inverse of the preceding operation is to be performed, or a continued fraction reduced to a common fraction. The fractions which result from omitting portions of a continued fraction are termed the ...
The Mathematics Dictionary (1992)
by R.C. James, Glenn James
Common fraction Fraction partielle. Partial fraction Fraction propre. Proper fraction Fraction pure. Proper fraction Fraction simplified. Simplified fraction Fraction vulgaire. Common fraction Fraction vulgaire. Vulgar fraction Frequence cumulative.
A Condensed Dictionary of the English Language Giving the Correct Spelling, Pronunciation and Definitions of Words Based on the Unabridged Dictionary of Noah Webster (1910)
by Noah Webster
A fraction expressed by a numerator and denominator; a common fraction : thus, g. — Vul'garism, •g8r-izm, n. Grossness of manners ; vulgarity ; a vulgar phrase or expression. — Vnlgar'ity, -gar'Y- tT, K. Quality of being vulgar ; the Btate of the ...
Encyclopaedia Britannica0 (1875)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General Literature. A - Ana. 1
It is easy to see in what manner the inverse of the preceding operation is to be performed, or a continued fraction reduced to a common fraction. The fractions which result from omitting portions of a continued fraction ...
a cyclopedia of words, terms, phrases and data used in the mechanic arts, trades and sciences by Nehemiah Hawkins
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for common fraction
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about common fraction
Common fraction Meaning
Video shows what common fraction means. A fraction in the form of one integer divided by another, non-zero, integer.. common fraction synonyms: vulgar ...
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of common fraction to find many related words and phrases!