The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the adjective complete:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb complete:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective complete
- Definition of the verb complete
- Phrases with Complete
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Complete
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Complete
- Photos about Complete
- Video language resources about Complete
- Sign language
- Quotes about Complete
- Scrabble value of C3O1M3P3L1E1T1E1
- Anagrams of COMPLETE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective complete
What does complete mean as an attribute of a noun?
Complete is one of the top 50 most common adjectives in the English language.
adjective - degrees: more complete / completer | most complete / completest
- having every necessary or normal part or component or step
- examples: a complete meal | a complete wardrobe | a complete set of the Britannica | a complete set of china | a complete defeat | a complete accounting
- antonym: incomplete
- similar: full; absolute / downright / out-and-out / rank / right-down / sheer; accomplished / completed / realised / realized; all; all-or-none / all-or-nothing; all-out / full-scale; allover; blank / utter; clean; completed; dead; exhaustive / thorough / thoroughgoing; fleshed out / full-clad; full / total; full-blown; full-dress; good; hearty; self-contained; stand-alone; sound
- attribute: completeness = the state of being complete and entire
- see also: whole; comprehensive
- perfect and complete in every respect; having all necessary qualities
- highly skilled
- without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers
- having come or been brought to a conclusion
Alternative definition of the adjective complete
- With everything included.
- Finished; ended; concluded; completed
- [uan intensifier] Complete; absolute.
- [analysis, of a metric space] in which every Cauchy sequence converges
- [algebra, of a lattice] in which every set with a lower bound has a greatest lower bound
Definition of the verb complete
What does complete mean as a doing word?
Complete is one of the top 1000 most common verbs in the English language.
verb - inflections: completed | completing | completes
- come or bring to a finish or an end
- examples: She completed the requirements for her Master's Degree | They won't complete the story
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Agent - being or organization] [Verb] [Theme] Wilma completed the assignment [Agent - being or organization] [Verb] [Theme, subject control with -ing] She quit smoking
- lexical domain: Change - verbs of size, temperature change, intensifying, etc.
- synonym of complete: finish
- more generic words: end / terminate = bring to an end or halt
- more specific terms:
- close = finish a game in baseball by protecting a lead
- top off / top = finish up or conclude
- get through / finish off / polish off / finish up / clear up / wrap up / mop up = finish a task completely
- see through = remain with until completion
- finish out / round out = fill out
- go through with / follow through / put through / follow out / carry out / follow up / implement = pursue to a conclusion or bring to a successful issue
- carry through / accomplish / carry out / execute / fulfill / action / fulfil = put in effect
- bring to a whole, with all the necessary parts or elements
- complete or carry out
- complete a pass
- write all the required information onto a form
Alternative definition of the verb complete
- [transitive] To finish; to make done; to reach the end.
- [transitive] To make whole or entire.
- synonym: finish
Complete is a musical group.
- albums: "Adjusting the Perpetual Emotion Machine", "Everything You Wanted", "This City Built of Blood and Disregard Is Making Us Sink", "Trials and Tribulations of Everyday Life", "Windows and Shadows"
Complete is a record label.
- "Complete" is a compilation album by Australian band The Veronicas which was released in Japan on 18 March 2009 by Pony Canyon, and Latin America on 11 August 2009.
- "Complete" is a box set released by British band The Smiths on 26 September 2011. Standard versions contain their four studio albums, a live album and three compilations over 8 CDs or 8 LPs. A deluxe version contains the albums on both CD and LP formats as well as 25 7" vinyl singles and a DVD.
- "Complete" is a three-CD box set by the English avant-rock band News from Babel. It contains remastered and repackaged releases of the two News from Babel albums, Work Resumed on the Tower and Letters Home, plus an illustrated CD of their 7" single, "Contraries". The first album comprises the two song-suites Sirens and Silences and Work Resumed on the Tower, while the second album contains the Letters Home song-suite. The box set also contains a book of song texts and artwork.
- "Complete" is the third album by country music artist Lila McCann. Her final studio album to be released, it produced only one single on the Billboard country music charts in "Come a Little Closer". After that single failed to make Top 40 on the country charts, McCann exited Warner Bros. Records' roster. The track "Mighty Mighty Love" would later be recorded by Ty Herndon on his 2006 album Right About Now, from which it was released as a single. Additionally, "Because of You" would later be recorded by Celine Dion for limited editions of her 2002 album A New Day Has Come. It is Lila's only album to not contain any writing credits from Lila herself.
- genre: Country
- released on (14 years ago)
- "Complete" is a musical album of National Health.
- released in (26 years ago)
- "Complete" is a musical album of Stone.
- released in
- "Complete" is a musical album of Wade O. Brown.
- "Complete" is a song by Heavenly Beat.
"Complete" is a 2009 short film directed by Jeremy Inman.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- released in (7 years ago)
- Complete: In computational complexity theory, a computational problem is complete for a complexity class if it is, in a technical sense, among the "hardest" problems in the complexity class.
- also known as 完備
- Complete is a canonical version, musical recording.
- Complete: A state of progress in which the planned product has been delivered.
Phrases with Complete
Phrases starting with the word Complete:
Phrases ending with the word Complete:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Complete
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Diamond Heart: Book Three (2000)
Being and the Meaning of Life by A. H. Almaas
To be complete means that you are not pulled by anything and you cannot be pushed by ...
Complete: Being complete means that the report contains sufficient, appropriate evidence needed to satisfy the audit objectives and promote an understanding of the matters reported. It also means the Supplemental Guidance report states ...
Or, Universal Dictionary of Arts and Sciences; on an Improved Plan: in which the Respective Sciences are Arranged Into Complete Systems, and the Arts Digested Into Distinct Treatises; Also the Detached Parts of Knowledge Alphabetically Arranged and Copiously Explained, According to the Best Authorities
Or, Universal Dictionary of Arts and Sciences; on an Improved Plan: in which the Respective Sciences are Arranged Into Complete Systems, and the Arts Digested Into Distinct Treatises; Also the Detached Parts of Knowledge Alphabetically ...
Presidential Campaigns, Slogans, Issues, and Platforms: The Complete Encyclopedia, 2nd Edition [3 volumes] (2012)
The Complete Encyclopedia by Robert North Roberts, Scott John Hammond, Valerie A. Sulfaro
The Complete Encyclopedia Robert North Roberts, Scott John Hammond, Valerie A. Sulfaro. Health. Care. Issue. Health care policy has been a perennial political issue in the United States in one form or another. Its scope is broad, including ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Complete
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Complete
Click on an item to view that photo:
Assemble all the separate components
Photo credit: rvause
Photo credit: m.thunderkit
Photo credit: Grant.C
Photo credit: myeralan
- Olay Complete
Olay Complete - All Day Moisturizer - SPF 15
Photo credit: WindyWinters
- Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer
Olay Complete - All Day Moisturizer - SPF 15
Photo credit: WindyWinters
- Pelican......Landing Complete!
At natural reserve!
Photo credit: Michael Borg (I am Fuji HS50EXR)
Photo credit: Roadside Guitars
Photo credit: hardwarehank
Photo credit: dawgs1265
- Complete Tororo Overload
on Instagram ift.tt/2s86wub
Photo credit: Volgar
Photo credit: Paul Kehrer
- Migration Complete!
Happy Fish has completed the Lahontan cutthroat trout migration! It's traveled up the Truckee River all the way to Lake Tahoe where Lahontan cutthroat trout spawn in the main stem Truckee River as well as Tributaries to Lake Tahoe.
Photo Credit: Stephanie Byers (USFWS)
Photo credit: USFWS Fish and Aquatic Conservation
Photo credit: jordan a. m.
- Complete Auto Repair
San Francisco, CA
Photo credit: Nick.Fisher
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Complete
Click on an item to play that video:
- Mark VI Arc Reactor - COMPLETE (Explanation)
A breakdown of the inner workings of the Mark VI Arc Reactor assembly and components. Go here to see the a complete demonstration and best acting this side ...
- ZBrush tutorial: Panel Loops features complete explanation
A Pixologic ZBrush tutorial with complete explanation of Panel Loops features. Support this channel via PayPal: ...
- Young Living Compensation Plan Explanation Complete Engaging
Young Living Compensation Plan is explained from A to Z.
- PayPlan Complete Explanation
A Short Video but Complete PayPlan Explanation. Let your Downlines Watch this Video.
- ACCURATE & COMPLETE explanation of the RAPTURE answers All Questions SIMPLE to UNDERSTAND
Revelation 14:14-20 Matthew 13:37.
- Maplestory Elite Boss Farming Complete Explanation and Tutorial
This video covers the ins and outs of what elite bosses are, how to summon them, and what you can receive. There are various tips & tricks throughout the video.
- Dreamweaver cs5 tutorial: Spry Tooltip Complete Explanation
Dreamweaver cs5 tutorial: Creating a spry Tooltip and styling it with css using a background Image The Sprys , tooltip , menubar or accordion etc are some very ...
- NAT Terminology: Cisco CCENT ICND1 100-101 Complete Video Course
- Complete explanation of 'fiscal cliff'
CNN's Christine Romans gives a full explanation of the consequences of the "fiscal cliff" come New Year's. For more CNN videos, check out ...
- Common Core Complete Vocabulary Program from The Organized Classroom Blog
You can find this, along with the other coordinating CCSS items in The OCB Store...
- JQuery Tutorial 2 - JQuery Basic Program with complete explanation
- Complete Explanation: iOS 7 Setup Guide
- Complete Explanation
- Complete Vemma Product Line - Overview and Explanation, Plus Why You Need Antioxidants and Minerals
In her characteristic high-energy, slightly goofy, down-to-earth style, Crystal explains the Vemma product line in a brief overview video.
- 3 Easy Steps To Fix iOS 7 Install Glitch [Complete Explanation]
This is how you fix the infamous install glitch for updating iOS 7!!! iOS 7 is finally available for download! BEFORE you download it onto your iPhone, iPod Touch ...
- Salesforce Organization Wide Default Complete Explanation
Learn Organization wide default setting with in 30 min. Understand how to set OWD, sharing rules for any sandbox/production.
- Complete Explanation of the Buddha Sadhana Practice of Mipham Rinpoche 1 of 3
On May 27, 2013 at Padma Samye Ling during the Annual Windhorse Retreat, Venerable Khenpo Tsewang Dongyal Rinpoche gave a teaching on the essential ...
- 1BRO Philippines 2013 Compensation / Marketing Plan (Most Complete Explanation)
1BRO Philippines 2013 Compensation / Marketing Plan (Most Complete Explanation)...
- Definition of CHAOS: complete disorder and confusion.
A real demonstration of traditional Chinese driving! Video taken Monday October 20th in Ningbo China.
- "The Deen is Complete" - Explanation (1/2)
- Complete Description Of Pediatric Ambu Bag
Bags are self inflating as they inflate themselves 1. inlet two inlet one is for air and another is for oxygen 2. outlet 3. saftey valve or pop up valve If any how more ...
- Complete language training
Joel outlines the four elements that he believes are essential for well-balanced English-language learning. He teaches ESL at a high school in Colorado (USA).
See also the pronunciation examples of Complete!
Click on an item to play that video:
- Nelson Mandela sign language interpreter "a complete fraud" - Truthloader
The sign language interpreter at Nelson Mandela's memorial service has been accused of being a fake, who merely flapped his arms around during speeches.
- Season's Greeting 2013 complete with sign language!!
- A COMPLETE mini course on American Sign Language.
- Sign Language COMPLETE Lessons
- Complete Final Expressive Video for Sign Language Take 1
Quotes about Complete
Scrabble value of C3O1M3P3L1E1T1E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of COMPLETE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Complete!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Complete to see it in context!