The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun composite:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun composite
- Definition of the adjective composite
- Definition of the verb composite
- Phrases with Composite
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Composite
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Composite
- Photos about Composite
- Video language resources about Composite
- Quotes about Composite
- Scrabble value of C3O1M3P3O1S1I1T1E1
- Anagrams of COMPOSITE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun composite
What does composite mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: composites
- a conceptual whole made up of complicated and related parts
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonym of composite: complex
- more generic word: whole = all of something including all its component elements or parts
- more specific words:
- considered the most highly evolved dicotyledonous plants, characterized by florets arranged in dense heads that resemble single flowers
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of composite: composite plant
- more generic word: flower = a plant cultivated for its blooms or blossoms
- more specific terms:
- compass flower / compass plant = any of several plants having leaves so arranged on the axis as to indicate the cardinal points of the compass
- everlasting flower / everlasting = any of various plants of various genera of the family Compositae having flowers that can be dried without loss of form or color
- stinking chamomile / stinking mayweed / Anthemis cotula / dog fennel / mayweed = widespread rank-smelling weed having white-rayed flower heads with yellow discs
- Anthemis tinctoria / golden marguerite / dyers' chamomile / yellow chamomile = Eurasian perennial herb with hairy divided leaves and yellow flowers
- Anthemis arvensis / field chamomile / corn chamomile / corn mayweed = European white-flowered weed naturalized in North America
- Chrysanthemum maximum / Leucanthemum maximum / oxeye daisy = similar to oxeye daisy
- Chrysanthemum maximum maximum / Leucanthemum superbum / shasta daisy = hybrid garden flower derived from Chrysanthemum maximum and Chrysanthemum lacustre having large white flower heads resembling oxeye daisies
- Chrysanthemum lacustre / Leucanthemum lacustre / Pyrenees daisy = perennial of Portugal similar to the oxeye daisy
- Chrysanthemum ptarmiciflorum / Tanacetum ptarmiciflorum / dusty miller / silver lace / silver-lace = shrubby perennial of the Canary Islands having white flowers and leaves and hairy stems covered with dustlike down
- Tanacetum vulgare / golden buttons / scented fern / tansy = common perennial aromatic herb native to Eurasia having buttonlike yellow flower heads and bitter-tasting pinnate leaves sometimes used medicinally
- crown beard / crown-beard / crownbeard = any plant of the genus Verbesina having clustered white or yellow flower heads
- member of: aster family / Asteraceae / Compositae / family Asteraceae / family Compositae = plants with heads composed of many florets: aster; daisy; dandelion; goldenrod; marigold; lettuces; ragweed; sunflower; thistle
Alternative definition of the noun composite
- A mixture of different components.
- A structural material that gains its strength from a combination of complementary materials.
- [botany] A plant belonging to the family Compositae.
- [mathematics] A function of a function.
- [chiefly law enforcement] A drawing, photograph, or the like, that combines several separate pictures or images.
Definition of the adjective composite
What does composite mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more composite / most composite
- consisting of separate interconnected parts
- similar: complex
- of or relating to or belonging to the plant family Compositae
Alternative definition of the adjective composite
- Made up of multiple components; compound or complex.
- [architecture] Being a mixture of Ionic and Corinthian styles.
- [mathematics] Not prime; having factors.
- [botany] Being a member of the Asteraceae family (formerly known as Compositae).
Definition of the verb composite
What does composite mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: composited | compositing | composites
- To make a composite.
- "Composite" is a musical album of In The Nursery.
- released on (17 years ago)
- "Composite" is a musical album of Monogrenade.
- released on
- "Composite" is a musical EP of DNA & FLA.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Composite" is a musical album of Maneige.
- released in (36 years ago)
- Composite: A composite or a composite index is combination of equities or indexes intended to measure the overall market performance over time.
- The Composite is a New York City Subway car class built in 1903 and in 1904 for the Interborough Rapid Transit Company and its successor, the NYC Board of Transportation.
- The Composite Extension of the X Window System renders the graphical output of clients "...to an off-screen buffer. Applications can then take the contents of that buffer and do whatever they like. The off-screen buffer can be automatically merged into the parent window or merged by external programs, called compositing managers.
Phrases with Composite
- Composite Type
- Composite Built
- composite order
- composite plant
- composite number
- composite school
- Composite Dropseed
- composite function
- Composite Laminate
- composite material
- Composite Particle
- Composite Board Insulation
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Composite
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
How to Build Tough, Super-Safe Boats in Kevlar, Carbon, or Fiberglass by Sam Rizzetta
the home workshop The word composite means something fabricated with, or composed of, more than one material, so wood covered with fiberglass and resin is technically a composite However, the term is used most commonly to describe ...
by Anthony Kelly
A composite lamina can be regarded as a planar arrangement of unidirectional fibers or woven fibers in a matrix. A lamina based upon a polymer matrix material can be produced by a filament-winding technique. Laminates based upon metal ...
Medical Lexicon. A New Dictionary of Medical Science, containing a concise account of the various subjects and terms, ... and formulae for ... preparations etc. Third edition (1865)
Foetidum, Tinctura eastorei composite—e. of Game, Tincturn de crooo composite—e. Guaiaci volatilis, Tincturo Guaiaci ammoniata—e. Jalapas compositum ...
Dictionary of Military Terms (2009)
by U.S. Department of Defense
composite air photography — Air photographs made with a camera having one principal lens and two or more surrounding and oblique lenses. The several resulting photographs are corrected or transformed in printing to permit ...
Composite action command Figure 2 Subcortical loops. BG 1⁄4 basal ganglia; CB n. 1⁄4 cerebellar nucleus; CB ctx. 1⁄4 cerebellar cortex. its occasional disruption associated with unfavorable epigenetic expression might help to explain ...
A Dictionary of Dentistry (2010)
by Robert Ireland
Dualcure composite, a restorative material partially set by light and partially by a slower chemical reaction, has been developed to overcome the individual disadvantages of the other two curing methods. The advantages of resin composite ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Composite
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Composite
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: cam_rich345
Photo credit: Mycatkins
Photo credit: PaulODonnell
Photo credit: AndysRollei
Fotografia - Composite.
Photo credit: Évelin Bandeira
- Composite sunflower
A composite generated with GraphicConverter of a whole group of flower photos. Most were sunflowers, but there were some hollyhocks, which are the large red component of the background.
Photo credit: Unhindered by Talent
- Industry Composite
Using some shots of local industry and misc stuff for composites.
Photo credit: SBT4NOW
- Lunar Eclipse Composite
Fun with photoshop
Photo credit: Bill Hails
- Mountain Composite deck
Photo credit: composite_decking
- Herculite / linen composite
for Fab Academy Copmosites assignment
Photo credit: Zero One 000111
View more pictures about Composite Plant.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Composite
Click on an item to play that video:
- NFX 2014 Webinar: Composite Analysis Definition and Usage in midas NFX
This is a specialist level training webinar for users of midas NFX and all Engineers who want...
- Dota 2 - In-depth Explanation of Composite Damage (6.81b) [OUT DATED!]
Hey guys, this video explains Composite Damage in great detail and ways that you can mitigate the damage taken from it. It's pretty unique and only a handful of ...
- 3D composite definition and analysis - midas NFX2013
NFX 2013 can check 2D and 3D composite material elements together with an intuitive GUI for defining composite materials. Failure theory - Hill, Hoffman, ...
- Autodesk Structural Bridge Design-Steel Beam Composite Definition
- Composite Meaning
Video shows what composite means. Made up of multiple components; compound or complex.. Being a mixture of Ionic and Corinthian styles.. Not prime; having ...
- Explanation of Composite Sampling
- Unit 11 # 1 - 5 Definition of Apothem, Area of a Composite Rectangular shape
Definitions of regular polygon, radius and apothem of a regular polygon, solution to a problem of area involving a composite shape involving rectangles.
- February26 Geo AA 9 3 Composite Figures HW Explanation
- Steel, Aluminium and Composite Toe Caps Explanation
- Composite built Meaning
Video shows what composite built means. Made of a composite material.. Having wooden planks on a metal frame.. Composite built Meaning. How to ...
- Perimeter of composite shapes - an explanation
- Trading Dictionary: NASDAQ Composite
- Composite Volcano Description
This is the video that describes how to make a composite volcano.
- Proper Noun gets ALL CAPITAL LETTERS PAST PARTICIPLE on the composite mode age
Round 4 with GBT Added: - Obsidian - Terra Realms - Riven - Alida - Floating Runner - Tons of audio sources played simultaneously.
- Hybrid Composite Bridge Beam Technology Visual Description
- Composite Creations Expedition description
This video provides a video description of Composite Creations Expedition canoe. This canoe is for wilderness river tripping, white water tripping and general ...
- Local Government Composite Budget in Ghana (Twi Language)
This video explains the District Assembly composite budget system in Ghana. The composite budget integrates devolved and deconcentrated departmental ...
- Hasselt, a composite event-driven language
In this opportunity, Hasselt and its supporting tool, Hasselt UIMS is being used for prototyping multitouch interaction. For learning more a Hasselt and composite ...
- Hasselt, a composite event-driven language
This video shows how to describe multimodal interactions and dialogs with Hasselt and its supporting tool, Hasselt UIMS. The interactions activate the ...
- How to add a language in Composite C1
Getting started with Composite C1: How to add a language.
See also the pronunciation examples of Composite!
Quotes about Composite
I align myself with almost all researchers in assuming that anything we do is a composite of whatever genetic limitations were given to us by our parents and whatever kinds of environmental opportunities are available. (Howard Gardner)
more quotes about composite...
Scrabble value of C3O1M3P3O1S1I1T1E1
The value of this 9-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of COMPOSITE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Composite!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Composite to see it in context!