Consideration appears in the following tongue twister:
- Dr. Johnson and Mr. Johnson, after great consideration, came to the conclusion that the Indian nation beyond the Indian Ocean is back in education because the chief occupation is cultivation.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun consideration:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun consideration
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Consideration
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Consideration
- Photos about Consideration
- Video language resources about Consideration
- Quotes about Consideration
- Scrabble value of C3O1N1S1I1D2E1R1A1T1I1O1N1
- Anagrams of CONSIDERATION
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun consideration
What does consideration mean as a name of something?
Consideration is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural: considerations
- the process of giving careful thought to something
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- more generic terms: cerebration / intellection / mentation / thinking / thought / thought process = the process of using your mind to consider something carefully
- more specific words:
- information that should be kept in mind when making a decision
- example: another consideration is the time it would take
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonyms of consideration: circumstance / condition
- more generic word: information = knowledge acquired through study or experience or instruction
- more specific terms:
- a discussion of a topic (as in a meeting)
- example: consideration of the traffic problem took more than an hour
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- more generic words: discourse / discussion / treatment = an extended communication (often interactive) dealing with some particular topic
- more specific word: reconsideration = a consideration of a topic (as in a meeting) with a view to changing an earlier decision
- kind and considerate regard for others
- example: he showed no consideration for her feelings
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- synonyms of consideration: considerateness / thoughtfulness
- antonym of consideration: inconsideration
- more generic word: kindness = the quality of being warmhearted and considerate and humane and sympathetic
- more specific words:
- a fee charged in advance to retain the services of someone
- a considerate and thoughtful act
Alternative definition of the noun consideration
- The thought process of considering, of taking everything into account.
- Something considered as a reason or ground for a (possible) decision
- The tendency to consider others.
- A payment or other recompense for something done.
- [context: legal] A matter of inducement for something promised; something valuable given as recompense for a promise, which causes the promise to become binding as a contract.
"Consideration" is a 2004 short drama film written and directed by Joel Bailey.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Kim Fishman
- production design by Kelly Cavener
- art direction by Kelly Cavener
- written by Joel Bailey
- cinematography by Luisa Mendoza
- edited by Joel Bailey
- music by Brad Dale
- genre: Drama
- released on (11 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Consideration
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Legislative Drafting (2012)
by V. C. R. A. C. Crabbe
The fourth consideration is that if the subjective intent attempts to meet two objective meanings, that is to say, provide a reasonable compromise, equivocation can result. Mr. Lloyd George, asked by a lady what was the difference between a ...
Fight Medicine (2008)
Diagnosis and Treatment of Combat Sports Injuries for Boxers, Wrestling & Mixed Martial Arts by Dr. Michael Kelly
The second consideration is the depth and length of the cut. It is important to keep in mind that the area of damaged tissue is usually much greater than the exposed cut. Cuts involving the deeper structures of the face, including muscle and ...
by David E. Marcinko, MBA, CFP, CMP
Consideration is an essential element of a binding contract. In a health insurance contract, the policy owner's consideration is the first premium payment and the application; the health insurance company's consideration is the promise(s) ...
by L. Borghi
The first consideration is the concern for efficiency, the need to train people to master those intellectual tools that they need in a technological civilisation. The second consideration is the reaction against the educational aims that governed the ...
Executory consideration is the promise to perform an action at some future time. One party to a contractual agreement may pay...
Cases and Commentary on Tort (2009)
by Barbara Harvey, John Marston
The second consideration is the nature of the hazard, namely, the cutting of the supply of electricity.
by Linda P. Dwoskin
An additional consideration is that the hurdle for regulatory approval for therapeutics to treat drug abuse is high, since demonstration of efficacy in clinical trials is defined as a period of abstinence during treatment rather than the reduced use ...
An Application to Demand Homogeneity by Björn Schmolck
The demand system under consideration is the Rotterdam model. More generally , an omitted variable test for the reduced form of an equation system fits into this framework. For univariate regression models, the distributions of some test ...
Working with Offenders (2013)
A Guide to Concepts and Practices by Rob White, Hannah Graham
One interesting consideration is that the detox process often involves the use of licit drugs (usually sedatives, benzodiazepines) to manage withdrawal symptoms and pain and to aid sleep. These prescription medications are highly addictive in ...
Physics of Solar Energy (2011)
by C. Julian Chen
An important consideration is that the area ratio F is much less than 1 for vacuum tube collectors, because the diameter of the inner tube determines the...
Second, An important consideration is the cost of the solar thermal energy collector.
Gene Sharing and Evolution (2007)
by Joram PIATIGORSKY
A molecular gene includes introns if the unit of gene expression under consideration is the primary transcript, but the "same" gene excludes introns if the unit under consideration is the encoded protein. A gene may be an intron alone, if that ...
by Richard J. G. Rycroft
However, the principal consideration is that topical contacts represent a physically small phenomenon, significantly limited by the amount of compound that is applied to the skin surface. When a patient applies, for example, a dermatologic ...
Rotorcraft Flying Handbook (2007)
by Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), U. S. Department of Transportation
One important consideration is that at higher altitudes, rotor r.p.m. is higher for a given blade pitch angle. This higher speed is a result...
Another important consideration is the effect of altitude on engine performance. As altitude increases, the ...
An Approach to Ethics for the Administrative Role by Terry L. Cooper
The first consideration is the moral rules that can be adduced to support each alternative and the projected consequences. Identifying these moral rules will tend...
The next consideration is a rehearsal of defenses. This is sometimes called the ...
A third consideration is the quantum efficiency of the products generated from the enzyme substrates which should be high for sensitive detection. A fourth consideration is the light absorbing capability, or extinction coefficient, of the fluorescent ...
by Jonathan Wallace, Susan Ellis Wild
consideration n. Something of value to either the promisee or the promisor of a contract (usually cash, but also property, a promise to do something or not to do something, and so on) that is given or will ...
by Pagani, Margherita
Biometrics, A Critical Consideration in Information Security Management.
Political Dictionary (1845)
Forming a Work of Universal Reference, Both Constitutional and Legal
CONSIDERATION. This is a Latin word, “consideratio,” which, as well as the verb “considero,” was used by Cicero and others to express “careful observation,” or “ reflection,” or “deliberation before action.” It has nothing to do with looking at the ...
by John O'Brien (R.C. bp. of Cloyne.)
A fourth circumstance which must naturally incite the IAtterati of different nations to a consideration of the Irish language, as explained in this Dictionary, is the very close and striking affinity it bears, in an abundant variety of words, not only with ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Consideration
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Consideration
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: melissa_rae_dale
Photo credit: Jen SFO-BCN
Photo credit: Speculum Mundi
Photo credit: Benjamin Dobson
Despite the adverse weather conditions and the desire to keep to a worn path in the snow, the consideration show by these car drivers to the cyclist will be noted.
Photo credit: Pimlico Badger
Made with Photoshop and Picnik software
Photo credit: maf04
- For the Consideration of Passer's by
Light on Blackpool's Central Pier
Photo credit: Clive Varley
- Careful Consideration
Photo credit: PhotoAtelier
Photo credit: Richard Thomas
- Pirate consideration
Photo credit: Leonid Mamchenkov
- Serious Consideration
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Photo credit: m.gifford
- Fish Consideration
Aquarium. It looks like a fish?
Photo credit: Smabs Sputzer
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Consideration
Click on an item to play that video:
- Consideration Definition-CA CPT LAW-Indian Contract Act 1872
- Consideration Meaning
Video shows what consideration means. The thought process of considering, of taking everything into account.. Something considered as a reason or ground for ...
- Consideration Vocabulary (CPT-Mercantile Law) by CA Padma Jain
Consideration Vocabulary (CPT-Mercantile Law) by CA Padma Jain.
- The Legal Definition Of "Contract Consideration" In Florida
- More Flexible Voter Photo ID Language Under Consideration
Senate Republicans are considering adopting a change to the voter photo ID constitutional amendment that the House rejected last night. It would allow other ...
- The Y.K. Dictionary - Consideration
- Shumlin on consideration of federal "damaged" and "destroyed" language
- Mod-01 Lec-13 PoS Tagging contd... , Indian Language Consideration; Accuracy Measure
Natural Language Processing by Prof. Pushpak Bhattacharyya, Department of Computer science & Engineering,IIT Bombay.
View more videos about For Your Consideration.
See also the pronunciation examples of Consideration!
Quotes about Consideration
Liberals are very broadminded: they are always willing to give careful consideration to both sides of the same side.
more quotes about consideration...
Scrabble value of C3O1N1S1I1D2E1R1A1T1I1O1N1
The value of this 13-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CONSIDERATION
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Consideration!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Consideration to see it in context!