|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun coyote
What does coyote mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: coyotes
- small wolf native to western North America
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific name: Canis latrans
- synonyms of coyote: brush wolf / prairie wolf
- more generic word: wolf = any of various predatory carnivorous canine mammals of North America and Eurasia that usually hunt in packs
- more specific word: coydog = offspring of a coyote and a dog
- geographic area: Middle America, North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
- someone who smuggles illegal immigrants into the United States (usually across the Mexican border)
- a forest fire fighter who is sent to battle remote and severe forest fires (often for days at a time)
Alternative definition of the noun coyote
- A canine species native to North America.
- hyponyms: Belize Coyote ([spelink, Canis latrans goldmani])
- A smuggler of illegal immigrants across the land border from Mexico into the United States of America.
- hyponyms: California Valley Coyote ([spelink, Canis latrans ochropus])
Phrases with Coyote
Phrases starting with the word Coyote:
- coyote bush
- Coyote Mint
- Coyote Ugly
- coyote brush
- Coyote Gilia
- Coyote Gourd
- Coyote Melon
- coyote state
- Coyote Willow
- Coyote Tabacco
- Coyote Tobacco
- Coyote Ceanothus
- Coyote Cloudywing
- Coyote Mountainbalm
Phrases ending with the word Coyote:
Other phrase containing the word Coyote:
View more phrases with the word Coyote in thesaurus!
- "Coyote" a.k.a. "Fast Food Nation" is a 2006 American/British drama film directed by Richard Linklater. The screenplay was written by Linklater and Eric Schlosser, loosely based on the latter's bestselling 2001 non-fiction book of the same name.
- also known as Geração Fast Food, Megetetett társadalom, Nação Fast Food - Uma Rede de Corrupção
- countries: United States of America, United Kingdom
- languages: English Language, Spanish Language
- producers: Jeremy Thomas & Malcolm McLaren
- executive producers: Chris Salvaterra, Edward Saxon, Eric Schlosser, Jeffrey Skoll, Ricky Strauss, David M. Thompson, Peter Watson
- production design by Bruce Curtis
- art direction by Joaquin A. Morin
- written by Richard Linklater & Eric Schlosser
- based on "Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal" by Eric Schlosser
- Lou Taylor Pucci as Paco
- Greg Kinnear as Don Anderson
- Avril Lavigne as Alice
- Catalina Sandino Moreno as Sylvia
- Ethan Hawke as Pete
- Ana Claudia Talancón as Coco
- Kris Kristofferson as Rudy Martin
- Ashley Johnson as Amber
- Bruce Willis as Harry Rydell
- Paul Dano as Brian
- Patricia Arquette as Cindy
- Wilmer Valderrama as Raul
- Aaron Himelstein as Andrew
- Luis Guzmán as Benny
- Bobby Cannavale as Mike
- Yareli Arizmendi as Gloria
- Esai Morales as Tony
- Juan Carlos Serrán as Esteban
- Armando Hernandez as Roberto
- Ellar Coltrane as Jay Anderson
- cinematography by Lee Daniel
- edited by Sandra Adair
- music by Bill Elm, Friends of Dean Martinez
- costume design by Kari Perkins
- set decoration by Phil Shirey
- genres: Romance Film, Comedy, Drama
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (7 years ago)
- official website: www.foxsearchlight.com/fastfoodnation
- "Coyote" is a 1992 Canadian/French comedy-drama film based on a novel. The film starred Mitsou who was a very popular singer around the time of release.
- countries: Canada, France
- language: French
- director: Richard Ciupka
- producer: Richard Sadler
- production design by Jean-Baptiste Tard
- written by Richard Ciupka, Michel Michaud, Richard Sadler & Louise-Anne Bouchard
- based on "Coyote" by Michel Michaud
- starring: Mitsou
- costume design by Renée April
- location: Canada
- genres: Comedy-drama, Comedy, Drama
- released in (22 years ago)
- "Coyote" is a 2007 independent film created by Brian Petersen and Brett Spackman.
- countries: United States of America, Mexico
- languages: English Language, Spanish Language
- producers: Devin Colvin & Chris Wyatt
- executive producers: Brian Petersen & Brett Spackman
- production design by Stefani Batson
- written by Brian Petersen & Brett Spackman
- Chaz Hales as Jules
- Oswaldo Hernández as Sr. Juarez
- David C. Thompson as Danny Boy
- Robb Hanks as Murdock
- Brett Spackman as J.
- Genesis Curiel as Pablo
- Marina Valle as Mariana
- Carley Adams as Katie
- Chad Peters as Lawrence
- Dante Valle as Dino
- Brian Petersen as Steve
- Vince Heflin as AZ Highway Patrolman
- Devin Colvin as Border Patrol Van Driver
- Juan Jose Aguirre as Mexican DHS Agent
- Craig Reay as American DHS Agent
- Tatiana Peña as Mariana's Sister
- Abram Peña as Mariana's Brother
- P.J. Green as Van Salesman
- Cuete Yeska as Juarez Gang Leader
- Harmony Walton
- Chris Wyatt as Condo Jones
- cinematography by Robb Hanks
- edited by Brett Spackman
- music by Christopher Brady
- genres: Indie film, Crime Fiction, Comedy, Drama
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Coyote" is a 2013 comedy and drama film directed by Joe Eddy.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genres: Comedy, Drama
- released on
- "Coyote" is a film, directed by Chema Rodríguez.
- country: Spain
- language: Spanish Language
- genres: Documentary film, World cinema
- released in (6 years ago)
- "Coyote" is a 2012 short film written and directed by Jedrzej Baczyk.
"Coyote" is science fiction author Allen Steele’s novel of interstellar exploration and settlement. The book is a compilation of some of Steele’s short stories into one epic novel. Perspective is taken from many of the major characters of the book, giving Coyote a well-rounded and satisfying account of the colonization of a new world.
- also known as "Coyote Frontier"
- genres: Science Fiction, Speculative fiction
- copyright: 2005-12-06
- award: - Locus Award for Best Science Fiction Novel nomination for Allen Steele
Coyote is a comic book character created by Steve Englehart and Marshall Rogers.
There are other characters with Coyote in their name, like Wile E. Coyote.
- "Coyote" is the opening song from Joni Mitchell's 1976 album Hejira and also the album's first single.
- music and lyrics by Joni Mitchell
- "Coyote" is the fifth album by Matt Mays, released on September 4,2012.
- released on
- award: - Juno Award for Rock Album of the Year nomination for Matt Mays
- Coyote a.k.a. Nemanja Kojić, better known by his stage name Hornsman Coyote, is a Reggae/Dub musician of Serbian descent.
- also known as Nemanja "Coyote" Kojić, Nemanja 'Coyote' Kojić
- born on (38 years ago) in Belgrade
- nationality: Serbia
- member of musical groups:
- genres: Reggae, Roots reggae, Dub, Thrash metal, Crossover thrash, Grindcore, Hardcore punk
- album: "Shappa"
- official website: www.myspace.com/hornsmancoyoteeyesburn
- Coyote is a film score composer.
- profession: Film score composer
Coyote, originally Burnett is an unincorporated community in a narrowing of Santa Clara Valley astride Coyote Creek, between San Jose and Morgan Hill, in Santa Clara County, California. Its ZIP Code is 95013; there is a small U.S. Post Office.
There are other places with Coyote in their name, like Coyote Hills Regional Park.
- Coyote is a mythological character common to many Native American cultures, based on the coyote animal. This character is usually male and is generally anthropomorphic although he may have some coyote-like physical features such as fur, pointed ears, yellow eyes, a tail and claws. The myths and legends which include Coyote vary widely from culture to culture.
- The Coyote was a brand of racing chassis designed and built for the use of A.J. Foyt's race team in USAC Championship Car racing including the Indianapolis 500. It was used from 1966 to 1983 with Foyt himself making 141 starts in the car winning 25 times. George Snider had the second most starts with 24. Jim McElreath has the only other win in a Coyote chassis.
- COYOTE, or Call Off Your Old Tired Ethics, is an American sex worker activist organization. COYOTE's goals include the decriminalization of prostitution, pimping and pandering, as well as the elimination of social stigma concerning sex work as an occupation.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Coyote
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Deepen Your Ability to Heal with Visionary and Spiritual Tools and Practices by Michael Samuels, M.D., Mary Rockwood Lane, PH.D.
The coyote is the eternal prankster, the trickster. For humans, the...
by Bret Harte
The coyote is the tramp of the |e=ert —an enemy to every form of ';.imal life in the region, and all are arrayed against him.
A Critical Study by Michael A. Sheyahshe
Coyote is a carnal embodiment of the trickster figure seen in many Native cultures and folklore. A5 a trickster, Coyote is able to outwit and outmaneuver opponents. Thus, while maintaining a heroic style, and subsequently illustrating various ...
The Overland Monthly (1902)
The coyote is the tramp of the ia'ert — an enemy to every form of ani.nai life in the region, and all are arrayed against him.
by Donald Haase
as an anthropomorphic male, Coyote is the archetypal trickster in stories prevalent in many Native American cultures, including the Pima, Chippewa, Salish, Maya, Apache, Nez Perce, Blackfoot, Chumash, Pawnee, Ute, Thompson, Crow, ...
National Magazine (1915)
VINDICATING THE COYOTE We are indebted to Attorney-General Looney of Texas for the following legal definitions cited or given offhand in a recent ruling: A coyote is a wolf (Attorney-General's ruling). A mule is a horse (Texas Supreme ...
by Hope B. Werness
Coyote. The coyote, Canis latrans, is a member of genus Cams, along with dogs, wolves, and jackals.
Worldview, Symbolism, and Culture in Africa, Oceania, and North America by Hope B. Werness
COYOTE Above: It is often said that the names attached to basketry patterns have no significance , no link with the thing named. Having said that, it is interesting to see that one of the most repeated designs in Southwestern basketry is called ...
by Jodi O'Brien
Call Off Your Old Tired Ethics (COYOTE) is a prostitutes' rights organization founded in 1973 by ex- prostitute Margo St. James. During the early 1970s, second-wave feminism was a strong movement in the United States, but no organization ...
by Abby H. P. Werlock
Coyote is a character in numerous Native American trickster tales. A complexfigure, Coyote has been described as more antihero than hero, aNative American version of the European Everyman, a flawed character whose greatest ...
by Charles Russell Coulter, Patricia Turner
Coyote (Native North Americans) Also known as: Ola'li (Maidu People, N.A.), Sedit (Wintun people), Ueuecoyotl (Aztec People,Mexico). Coyote appears with many faces. Hecan be acreator or a teacherofthe people. In some myths ...
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc
The coyote is one of North America's fastest land animals, with a top speed of 40 miles (64 kilometers) per hour. Some crickets chirp faster in higher temperatures. took over the. nings, Dolly Parton, Randy Travis, Garth Brooks, Reba McEntire, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Coyote
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Coyote
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Larry1732
Coyote pup - Turkey Creek - Lexington, Illinois
Photo credit: tlindenbaum
This image is in the public domain.
Photo credit: Caninest
Intently staring at a possible food source.
Photo credit: mrpolyonymous
Photo credit: Michael C. Rael
This coyote was seen in Lincoln Park near Belmont Harbor
Photo credit: John Picken
Photo credit: kozemchuk
The coyote (Canis latrans) is a more secretive resident of Zion. NPS Photo/Sarah Stio
Photo credit: ZionNPS
- Coyote (Canis latrans)
Coyote (Canis latrans)
Golden Gate National Recreation Area
Photo credit: Franco Folini
- Coyote with mustard
California Valley Coyote (Canis latrans ochropus) in the San Gabriel Mountains, California, USA. Taken along highway 39 between San Gabriel and Morris Reservoirs.
Photo credit: justinjohnsen
- Coyote along the Firehole River
Coyote along the Firehole River with feathers in mouth;
Photo credit: YellowstoneNPS
- Sunset at Coyote Creek
Taken from the Bridge near Metcalf Road
San Jose, CALIFORNIA
Photo credit: *~Dawn~*
- Yosemite Coyote
Coyote crosses the Mereced River in Yosemite Valley
Photo credit: Rennett Stowe
- Coyote Creek Cascade
Another shot of the little waterfall in Coyote Gulch, UT.
Photo credit: snowpeak
- Coyote Creek Waterfall
This is the tallest of several waterfalls on Coyote Creek in Coyote Gulch, Grand Staircase-Escalante, UT. Taken 8/23/2007.
Photo credit: snowpeak
- Dawn's reflection Coyote Lake
shutter <2.5 secs
aperture F 22
focal length 18mm
Photo credit: j-dub1980(THANK YOU FOR 100k+ Views)
- Coyote Buttes South rock
Another of the many interesting rock formations at Coyote Buttes South.
Photo credit: snowpeak
- Coyote in hoar frost on Seedskadee NWR
Hoar frost forms during the winter when there is evening fog and no wind. In the morning, as soon as the wind blows or the sun begins to shine, the hoar frost is quickly gone. This coyote was looking for a morning breakfast of meadow vole on Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge. Photo Credit: Tom Koerner/USFWS
Photo credit: USFWS Mountain Prairie
- Maine Coyote
Photo credit: Rich Bard
- Coyote vs. Mouse
A true David and Goliath tale.
Photo taken at Denver's Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildife Refuge.
Credit: Rich Keen, DPRA
Photo credit: USFWS Mountain Prairie
View more pictures about Coyote Run.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Coyote
Click on an item to play that video:
- Mrs. Peterson's Vocabulary Coyote School News
Created on October 3, 2011 using FlipShare.
- Mrs. Peterson's Reading Vocabulary Coyote School News 12-13
Created on October 1, 2012 using FlipShare.
- Coyote vs Dog
Innocent dog (Gwenivere) trys to get a drink of water while coyote sneaks up behind her.
- Coyote Mystery: Attack in Wild (Nature Documentary)
Coyote Mystery: Attack in Wild (Nature Documentary) October 27, 2009. A talented young folk singer, Taylor Mitchell, is killed as she hikes alone in a Canadi...
See also the pronunciation examples of Coyote!
Quotes about Coyote
Scrabble value of C3O1Y4O1T1E1
The value of this 6-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of COYOTE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Coyote!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Coyote to see it in context!