On this page:
- Definition of the noun coyote
- Phrases with Coyote
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Coyote
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Coyote
- Photos about Coyote
- Videos about Coyote
- Quotes about Coyote
- Scrabble value of C3O1Y4O1T1E1
- Anagrams of COYOTE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun coyote
What does coyote mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: coyotes
- small wolf native to western North America
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific names: Canis andersoni / species Canis andersoni / Canis caneloensis / species Canis caneloensis / Canis clepticus / species Canis clepticus / Canis estor / species Canis estor / Canis frustror / species Canis frustror / Canis goldmani / species Canis goldmani / Canis hondurensis / species Canis hondurensis / Canis impavidus / species Canis impavidus / Canis irvingtonensis / species Canis irvingtonensis / Canis jamesi / species Canis jamesi / Canis lestes / species Canis lestes / Canis mearnsi / species Canis mearnsi / Canis microdon / species Canis microdon / Canis nebrascensis / species Canis nebrascensis / Canis ochropus / species Canis ochropus / Canis orcutti / species Canis orcutti / Canis pallidus / species Canis pallidus / Canis peninsulae / species Canis peninsulae / Canis vigilis / species Canis vigilis / Lyciscus cagottis / species Lyciscus cagottis / Canis latrans
- synonyms of coyote: brush wolf / prairie wolf
- more generic word: wolf = any of various predatory carnivorous canine mammals of North America and Eurasia that usually hunt in packs
- more specific word: coydog = offspring of a coyote and a dog
- young animal: pup / puppy / cub / whelp
- female animal: bitch
- male animal: dog
- collective noun: pack (standard term)
- collateral adjective: canine
- geographic area: Middle America, North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
- someone who smuggles illegal immigrants into the United States (usually across the Mexican border)
- a forest fire fighter who is sent to battle remote and severe forest fires (often for days at a time)
Alternative definition of the noun coyote
- A canine species native to North America.
- hyponyms: Belize Coyote ([spelink, Canis latrans goldmani])
- A smuggler of illegal immigrants across the land border from Mexico into the United States of America.
- hyponyms: California Valley Coyote ([spelink, Canis latrans ochropus])
- "Coyote" a.k.a. "Fast Food Nation" is a 2006 drama film directed by Richard Linklater. The screenplay was written by Linklater and Eric Schlosser, loosely based on the latter's bestselling 2001 non-fiction book of the same name.
- read more about Fast Food Nation
- "Coyote" is a 1992 Canadian/French comedy-drama film based on a novel. The film starred Mitsou who was a very popular singer around the time of release.
- countries: Canada, France
- language: French
- director: Richard Ciupka
- producer: Richard Sadler
- production design by Jean-Baptiste Tard
- written by Richard Ciupka, Michel Michaud, Richard Sadler & Louise-Anne Bouchard
- based on "Coyote" by Michel Michaud
- starring: Mitsou
- costume design by Renée April
- location: Canada
- genres: Comedy-drama, Comedy, Drama
- released in (23 years ago)
- "Coyote" is a 2007 independent film created by Brian Petersen and Brett Spackman.
- countries: United States of America, Mexico
- languages: English Language, Spanish Language
- producers: Devin Colvin & Chris Wyatt
- executive producers: Brian Petersen & Brett Spackman
- production design by Stefani Batson
- written by Brian Petersen & Brett Spackman
- Chaz Hales as Jules
- Oswaldo Hernández as Sr. Juarez
- David C. Thompson as Danny Boy
- Robb Hanks as Murdock
- Brett Spackman as J.
- Genesis Curiel as Pablo
- Marina Valle as Mariana
- Carley Adams as Katie
- Chad Peters as Lawrence
- Dante Valle as Dino
- Brian Petersen as Steve
- Vince Heflin as AZ Highway Patrolman
- Devin Colvin as Border Patrol Van Driver
- Juan Jose Aguirre as Mexican DHS Agent
- Craig Reay as American DHS Agent
- Tatiana Peña as Mariana's Sister
- Abram Peña as Mariana's Brother
- P.J. Green as Van Salesman
- Cuete Yeska as Juarez Gang Leader
- Harmony Walton
- Chris Wyatt as Condo Jones
- cinematography by Robb Hanks
- edited by Brett Spackman
- music by Christopher Brady
- genres: Indie film, Crime Fiction, Comedy, Drama
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Coyote" is a 2013 comedy and drama film directed by Joe Eddy.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genres: Comedy, Drama
- released on
- "Coyote" is a film, directed by Chema Rodríguez.
- country: Spain
- language: Spanish Language
- genres: Documentary film, World cinema
- released in (7 years ago)
- "Coyote" is a 2012 short film written and directed by Jedrzej Baczyk.
- "Coyote" is a short film, directed by Shawheen Keyani.
- "Coyote" is science fiction author Allen Steele’s novel of interstellar exploration and settlement. The book is a compilation of some of Steele’s short stories into one epic novel. Perspective is taken from many of the major characters of the book, giving Coyote a well-rounded and satisfying account of the colonization of a new world.
- also known as "Coyote Frontier"
- genres: Science Fiction, Speculative fiction
- copyright: 2005-12-06
- award: - Locus Award for Best Science Fiction Novel nomination for Allen Steele
- "Coyote" is a book by Gerald McDermott.
- genre: Children's literature
- subjects: Native Americans in the United States, Americas, History of the United States, Folklore
Coyote is a comic book series created by Steve Englehart and Marshall Rogers.
- "Coyote" is the opening song from Joni Mitchell's 1976 album Hejira and also the album's first single.
- music and lyrics by Joni Mitchell
- "Coyote" is the fourth studio album by Kayo Dot, released April 20, 2010 on Hydra Head Records. The album was written, according to frontman Toby Driver, as a single, narrative-driven, long-form composition written with story and text provided by a close, terminally-ill friend of the band, Yuko Sueta, in the final stage of her life. Coyote was once again engineered by Randall Dunn )), Earth, Six Organs of Admittance, Wolves in the Throne Room) in Seattle, Washington, forging a new genre of "goth fusion" which combines elements of early Cure, Faith and the Muse, and Bauhaus with Herbie Hancock's psychedelic album, Sextant, and Scott Walker's recent album, The Drift. The lyrics and story were constructed with deliberate melodrama to pay homage as well to the intended gothic vibe, expressing the protagonist's loneliness and longing to be in a better place, and her journey through her own personal looking-glass through a hallucinatory world of fear and wonder. The album received mixed reviews and would be the band's final release on Hydra Head. The album is much gloomier and electronic, paying homage to gothic post-punk and gothic rock bands with influences of chamber music as well.
- "Coyote" is the fifth album by Matt Mays, released on September 4,2012. It debuted at #7 on the Canadian Albums Chart.
- "Coyote" is a musical album of Motoharu Sano.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Coyote" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "Coyote" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music and lyrics by Mark Knopfler
- "Coyote" is a musical album of El Goodo.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Coyote" is a musical album of Terraplane Sun.
- released on (4 years ago)
- Coyote a.k.a. Nemanja Kojić, better known by his stage name Hornsman Coyote, is a Serbian Reggae/Dub musician.
- read more about Nemanja Kojić
- Coyote is a film score composer.
- profession: Film score composer
- Coyote is a musical group.
- album: "Spirits Dancing Remixes"
- Coyote is a musical group.
- Coyote is a musical group.
- album: "Harlyn Bay"
There are other groups with in their name, like Coyote Men, Coyote Run, Coyote Bones, Coyote Grace, Coyote Kings, Coyote Oldman, Coyote Theory, Karate coyote, Coyote Sisters, Jupiter Coyote, Quartet Coyote, Coyote Clean Up and El Coyote y Su Banda Tierra Santa.
Coyote a.k.a. Coyote, California: Coyote, originally Burnett, is an unincorporated community in a narrowing of Santa Clara Valley astride Coyote Creek, between San Jose and Morgan Hill, in Santa Clara County, California. Its ZIP Code is 95013; there is a small U.S. Post Office. It is inside telephone area codes 408 and 669.
- read more about Coyote, California
- Coyote is a mythological character common to many cultures of the Indigenous peoples of North America, based on the coyote animal. This character is usually male and is generally anthropomorphic although he may have some coyote-like physical features such as fur, pointed ears, yellow eyes, a tail and claws. The myths and legends which include Coyote vary widely from culture to culture.
- The Coyote was a brand of racing chassis designed and built for the use of A. J. Foyt's race team in USAC Championship car racing including the Indianapolis 500. It was used from 1966 to 1983 with Foyt himself making 141 starts in the car winning 25 times. George Snider had the second most starts with 24. Jim McElreath has the only other win in a Coyote chassis.
- COYOTE is an American prostitutes' rights organization. Its name is a backronym for Call Off Your Old Tired Ethics, a reflection of the fact that sex work tends to be stigmatized primarily because of male-imposed standards of ethics whose earliest impositions date back a number of centuries. COYOTE's goals include the decriminalization of prostitution, pimping and pandering, as well as the elimination of social stigma concerning sex work as an occupation.
- Coyote is an irresponsible and trouble-making character and he is one of the most important and revered characters in Navajo mythology. Even though Tó Neinilii is the Navajo god of rain, Coyote also has powers over rain. Coyote's ceremonial name is Áłtsé hashké which means "first scolder".
- The Coyote was an American automobile built in Redondo Beach, California from 1909 until 1910. The car was a sporty two seat roadster with a 50 hp Straight-8 engine, which was claimed to reach 75 mph. Many parts, such as the axles and steering gear were from the Franklin Auto Company. Only two were made.
- Coyote is a cataloged instance, musical recording.
- Coyote is a canonical version, musical recording.
Phrases with Coyote
Phrases starting with the word Coyote:
- coyote bush
- Coyote Mint
- Coyote Ugly
- coyote brush
- Coyote Gilia
- Coyote Gourd
- Coyote Melon
- coyote state
- Coyote Willow
- Coyote Tabacco
- Coyote Tobacco
- Coyote Ceanothus
- Coyote Cloudywing
Phrases ending with the word Coyote:
Other phrase containing the word Coyote:
View more phrases with the word Coyote in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Coyote
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The coyote is the tramp of the “Seiert ——an enemy to every form of animal life in the region, and all are arrayed...
The Overland Monthly (1902)
by Bret Harte
The coyote is the tramp of the ia'ert — an enemy to every form of ani.nai life in the region, and all are arrayed against him.
by T. Broussard
Bone Coyote is that spirit, as the “demon” of fear and the power of that fear, and yet that demon is a mask for self- empowerment. This aspect of the Dark Lord is meant to make all afraid who have not taken it ...
A Critical Study by Michael A. Sheyahshe
Coyote is a carnal embodiment of the trickster figure seen in many Native cultures and folklore. As a trickster, Coyote is able to outwit and outmaneuver opponents. Thus, while maintaining a heroic style, and subsequently illustrating various ...
Chicano Folklore (2000)
A Guide to the Folktales, Traditions, Rituals and Religious Practices of Mexican Americans by Rafaela Castro
A coyote is a canine animal indigenous to the New World that is related to the fox or wolf. In some dictionaries it is...
by Ella Elizabeth Clark
Coyote is the chief character in the myths of the ...
by David Adams Leeming, Margaret Adams Leeming
a Plains Indians group wrongly called the Crows, have many versions of a creation myth that features the familiar Old Man Coyote, the trickster-creator (see also Trickster). It is essentially an earth-diver creation ...
by Abby H. P. Werlock
Coyote is a character in numerous Native American trickster tales. A complexfigure, Coyote has been described as more antihero than hero, aNative American version of the European Everyman, a flawed character whose greatest ...
by JOHN RUSSELL BARTLETT
by John Russell Bartlett
by Donald Haase, Donald Haase Ph.D.
as an anthropomorphic male, Coyote is the archetypal trickster in stories prevalent in many Native American cultures, including the Pima, Chippewa, Salish, Maya, Apache, Nez Perce, Blackfoot, Chumash, Pawnee, Ute, Thompson, Crow, ...
Nez Perce Dictionary (1994)
by Haruo Aoki
timid, wild, tame siya-waw siya-w VC cowhide moccasins/shoes, mu-h-'lepqet mu- N, 3ile-pqet N co-wife, pe-'eks 5e-ks K cowslip, American, qocqocnim li-ckaw li-ckaw N coyote, (Canidae) Cants latrans, 5iceye-ye 5ice N, stp coyote (prefix), ...
by Hope B. Werness
Coyote. The coyote, Canis latrans, is a member of genus Cams, along with dogs, wolves, and jackals.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Coyote
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Coyote
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: sanbeiji
Pausing to reflect for a moment.
Photo credit: mrpolyonymous
Photo credit: Neil and Kathy Carey
Out the back window.
Photo credit: jimmypk218
Photo credit: kozemchuk
- Coyote Morning
Photo credit: The Cabin On The Road
- Coyote, Bandelier
Photo credit: Larry1732
- Coyote workspace
Photo credit: rachelyra
- Coyote Rear
Photo credit: ikewinski
- GIla Coyote
A mangy coyote in the desert near the Gila river bead.
Photo credit: alebuddha
- Wylie Coyote
Photo credit: David Sledge
- Coyote Warning
Coyotes in Cap Hill?
Photo credit: Laurel Fan
- Momma coyote
outside the bts scottsdale office
Photo credit: Erin Perry Borron
- Desert Coyote
Photo credit: wplynn
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Coyote
Click on an item to play that video:
- Alumnia - Meaning of Time (Coyote Sunrise mix)
- Almunia - Meaning Of Time (Coyote Sunset Mix)
- Almunia Meaning of Time Coyote Sunset Mix
Coyote rework of the Almunia track Meaning of Time.
- Coyote meaning and pronunciation
A person who smuggles immigrants into America and they come from any given country for a small fee to cross into the United States. They make very good ...
- Coyote Meaning
Video shows what coyote means. Canis latrans, a species of canine native to North America.. A smuggler of illegal immigrants across the land border from ...
- Mrs. Peterson's Reading Vocabulary Coyote School News 12-13
Created on October 1, 2012 using FlipShare.
- Coyote School News Vocabulary 15-16
- Coyote School News Vocabulary 15-16 Take 2...whoops!
- Mrs. Peterson's Vocabulary Coyote School News
Created on October 3, 2011 using FlipShare.
- Bird Language Intensive - Coyote Dance Party
- Intro #12 by coyote + info(description)
- Coyote catches Road Runner - Upper elementary archive at EFL Videos
View more videos about Coyote State.
See also the pronunciation examples of Coyote!
Quotes about Coyote
Scrabble value of C3O1Y4O1T1E1
The value of this 6-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of COYOTE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Coyote!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Coyote to see it in context!