The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun creation:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun creation
- Phrases with Creation
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Creation
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Creation
- Photos about Creation
- Video language resources about Creation
- Sign language
- Quotes about Creation
- Scrabble value of C3R1E1A1T1I1O1N1
- Anagrams of CREATION
- Share this page
Creation is a member of the word family create, included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun creation
What does creation mean as a name of something?
Creation is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural:
- creation: creations
- Creation: -
- the human act of creating
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonym of creation: creative activity
- more generic word: activity = any specific behavior
- more specific terms:
- pornography / erotica / porno / porn / smut = creative activity (writing or pictures or films etc.) of no literary or artistic value other than to stimulate sexual desire
- re-creation = the act of creating again
- creating from raw materials = the act of creating something that is different from the materials that went into it
- production = the creation of value or wealth by producing goods and services
- creating by mental acts = the act of creating something by thinking
- artistic production / artistic creation / art = the creation of beautiful or significant things
- creating by removal = the act of creating by removing something
- an artifact that has been brought into existence by someone
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- more generic words: artefact / artifact = a man-made object taken as a whole
- more specific terms:
- fine art / art = the products of human creativity
- classic = a creation of the highest excellence
- composition = something that is created by arranging several things to form a unified whole
- improvisation = a creation spoken or written or composed extemporaneously
- innovation / invention = a creation (a new device or process) resulting from study and experimentation
- master copy / original / master = an original creation (i.e., an audio recording) from which copies can be made
- needlecraft / needlework = a creation created or assembled by needle and thread
- production / product = an artifact that has been created by someone or some process
- remaking / remake = creation that is created again or anew
- representation = a creation that is a visual or tangible rendering of someone or something
- piece = an artistic or literary composition
- the event that occurred at the beginning of something
- example: from its creation the plan was doomed to failure
- lexical domain: Natural Events - nouns denoting natural events
- synonym of creation: conception
- more generic word: beginning = the event consisting of the start of something
- more specific words: fertilisation / fertilization / impregnation / fecundation = creation by the physical union of male and female gametes
- the act of starting something for the first time; introducing something new
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of creation: foundation / founding / initiation / innovation / instauration / institution / introduction / origination
- more generic words: beginning / commencement / start = the act of starting something
- more specific words: authorship / paternity = the act of initiating a new idea or theory or writing
- (theology) God's act of bringing the universe into existence
- everything that exists anywhere
- lexical domain: Natural Objects - nouns denoting natural objects (not man-made)
- synonyms of creation: cosmos / existence / macrocosm / universe / world
- more generic term: natural object = an object occurring naturally
- more specific terms:
- closed universe = a universe that is spatially closed and in which there is sufficient matter to halt the expansion that began with the big bang
- natural order = the physical universe considered as an orderly system subject to natural (not human or supernatural) laws
- nature = the natural physical world including plants and animals and landscapes etc.
- member: extragalactic nebula / galaxy = a collection of star systems
- "Creation" is a 2009 British biographical drama film. Produced by Jeremy Thomas, the film was directed by Jon Amiel, and stars Paul Bettany and Jennifer Connelly as Charles and Emma Darwin. The film is a partly biographical, partly fictionalised account of Charles Darwin's relationship with his eldest daughter, Annie, as he struggles to write On the Origin of Species. John Collee wrote the script based on Randal Keynes's biography of Darwin titled Annie's Box.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producer: Jeremy Thomas
- executive producers: Christina Yao, Peter Watson, Jamie Laurenson, David M. Thompson, Janice Eymann
- production design by Laurence Dorman
- art direction by Stuart Rose, Bill Crutcher, Gary Jopling
- written by John Collee
- based on "Annie's Box" by Randal Keynes
- Jennifer Connelly as Emma Darwin
- Paul Bettany as Charles Darwin
- Jeremy Northam as Reverend Innes
- Toby Jones as Thomas Huxley
- Jim Carter as Parslow
- Benedict Cumberbatch as Joseph Hooker
- Teresa Churcher as Mrs. Davies
- Martha West as Annie Darwin
- Zak Davies as Jemmy Button
- Harrison Sansostri as Lenny Darwin
- Christopher Dunkin as George Darwin
- Ian Kelly as Captain Fitzroy
- Guy Henry as Technician
- Anabolena Rodriguez as Fuegia Basket
- Paul Campbell as Boat Memory
- Freya Parks as Etty Darwin
- Richard Ridings as Thatcher
- Ian Mercer as Goodman
- Robert Glenister as Dr. Holland
- Bill Paterson as Dr. Gully
- Catherine Terris as Landlady
- Ken Drury as Landlord
- Nigel Bowden as Zoo Keeper
- Pauline Stone as Mrs. Darwin's Maid
- Gene Goodman as Franky Darwin
- casting by Celestia Fox
- cinematography by Jess Hall
- edited by Melanie Oliver
- music by Christopher Young
- costume design by Louise Stjernsward
- set decoration by Dominic Capon
- genres: Biographical film, Drama
- subjects: Charles Darwin, Emma Darwin, Anne Darwin
- rating: PG (USA), PG-13 (USA)
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Creation" is an unfinished 1931 feature film, and a project of stop motion animator Willis O'Brien. It was about modern men encountering dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals on an island. The picture was scrapped by RKO studio head David O. Selznick on the grounds of expense, and Merian C. Cooper, the studio producer who recommended the film's cancellation, considered the storyline to be boring, due to lack of action. The completed footage ran twenty minutes in length, although approximately four minutes of footage is all that survives today. Cooper later used some of the miniatures and dinosaur armatures and O'Brien's stop-motion animation techniques for King Kong.
- "Creation" is an epic historical fiction novel by Gore Vidal which was published in 1981. In 2002, he published a restored version, adding four chapters that a previous editor had cut. He also added a brief 2002 foreword explaining what had happened to the book in its original version and why he restored the cut chapters.
- language: English Language
- genre: Historical novel
- subjects: Iran, History
- released on (34 years ago)
- "Creation" is a work written by Jeffrey Ford.
- "Creation" is the fifth full-length album by The Pierces. The album was released on 1 September 2014 in the United Kingdom. The album entered the UK chart at #7 on its first week of release.
- genre: Folk rock
- released on
- "Creation" is a musical album of Christopher Young, soundtrack.
- also known as Creation Soundtrack
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Creation" is a musical album by Branford Marsalis.
- "Creation" is a musical album of Keith Jarrett.
- released on
- "Creation" is a musical album of Werwolf.
- released in (33 years ago)
- "Creation" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "Creation" is a musical album of The Druids of Stonehenge.
- released in (18 years ago)
- "Creation" is a musical album by Rob Horvath.
- released on (5 years ago)
- award: - Independent Music Award for Best Album - New Age nomination for Rob Horvath
- "Creation" is a composition.
- "Creation" is a musical album of Lennie Hibbert.
- released in (46 years ago)
- "Creation" a.k.a. "Création" is a composition.
- "Creation" is a musical album of James Taylor Quartet.
- released on (18 years ago)
- "Creation" is a musical EP of Cruthu.
- released on
- "Creation" is a musical album of Toni Castells.
- released on
- "Creation" is a musical album of Dub-I.
- released on
- "Creation" is a musical album of Beau.
- released in (44 years ago)
- "Creation" is a musical album of Love Eternal.
- "Creation" is a musical album of Megablast.
- released in (12 years ago)
- "Creation" is a musical single of James Taylor Quartet.
- released in (19 years ago)
- Creation a.k.a. The Creation was an English rock band, formed in 1966. The most popular Creation song was "Painter Man", which made the Top 40 in the UK Singles Chart in late 1966, and reached No. 8 in the German chart in April 1967. It was later covered by Boney M in 1979, and reached the No. 10 position in the UK chart. Their song "Makin' Time" was used in the movie Rushmore.
- read more about The Creation
- Creation a.k.a. Blues Creation was a Japanese heavy psych band from the late 60s, 70s, and early 80s.
- read more about Blues Creation
- Creation was an American teen musical group from New York City. The band members were Sam Hellerman, Raechel Rosen, Derek Orshan, Josh Shackett, and Tory Geismar. Their first album, World Without Windows, was released in November 2005 and featured guest musician Clarence "Big Man" Clemons on one of the tracks.
- Creation is a musical group.
- album: "This is Reggae Style"
There are other groups with in their name, like D Creation, Hard Creation, Pale Creation, Creation Rebel, Ancient Creation, Creation Records, Creation's Tears, Project Creation, The 9th Creation, Creation Of Death, Crown of Creation, Sinister Creation, Winds of Creation, Thorns of Creation, Malevolent Creation, Another Bad Creation, Creation Is Crucifixion, Creation Rebel / New Age Steppers.
Creation a.k.a. Creation Records was a British independent record label headed by Alan McGee. Along with Dick Green and Joe Foster, McGee founded Creation in 1983. The name came from the 1960s band The Creation, whom McGee greatly admired. McGee, Green and Foster were also in the band Biff Bang Pow!, which was also the title of a The Creation song. The label ceased operations in 1999, although it was revived at one point in 2011 for the release of a compilation album, Upside Down, spanning songs from the label.
- read more about Creation Records
- Creation is a hymn tune composed by William Billings.
- Creation is a 1965 album by jazz musician John Coltrane. The 1965 tracks - "Impressions" and "Creation" - were recorded at the Half Note Cafe, New York. "Alabama" was recorded in San Francisco a year before. "Creation" may be incorrectly titled - the title was drawn from a bootleg album. This is the only known recording of the tune. An abbreviated version of the same performance has appeared on several compilation albums.
- released in (50 years ago)
- Creation is a doctrinal position in many religions and philosophical belief systems which maintains that one or more deities is responsible for creating the universe. The theological implications of creation may take a variety of forms, the most innocuous being that of a religious dogma, although there are varieties of such a belief fully compatible with a scientific point of view. There are religious believers who extend this to a strident advocacy of creationism, but the doctrinal belief is not necessarily synonymous with such advocacy.
- Creation is a classical music album by Branford Marsalis with the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra. Focused on 20th century French classical music, this second classical album from Marsalis, coming 15 years after his earlier Romances for Saxophone, was recorded March 9 – 11, 2000 at the American Academy of Arts and Letters in New York City.
Phrases with Creation
- creation science
- continuous creation theory
- pair creation
- verbal creation
- Special creation
- artistic creation
- Collaborative Creation
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Creation
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Systematic Theology (1907)
A Compendium and Commonplace by Augustus Hopkins Strong
Studia Biblica, 4 : 148 — " Creation is the voluntary limitation which God has imposed on himself.
The doctrine of man (1907)
Studia Biblica, 4:148—“Creation is the voluntary limitation which God has imposed on himself.
Creation is the act of the triune God, in the sense that all the persons of the Trinity, themselves uncreated, have a part in it—the Father as the originating, the Son as the mediating,
The Code of the Spirit (1910)
An Interpretation of the Decalogue by Wilford Lawrence Hoopes
Creation is an extensive idea. When we say "God is the One Creator," we are speaking in the language of the insoluble problem of existence itself. Who made the material of the world, the substance which we think cannot vary at any time in ...
The Community of the Weak (2013)
Social Postmodernism in Theological Reflections on Power and Powerlessness in North America by Hans-Peter Geiser
Creation is the inflow of Spirit that wants to live, move, dance, sing, craft, write, play, and change the world, again and again wanting to make all things new. “ Everything that is, exists and lives in the unceasing inflow of the energies and ...
by Diane Stein
Creation is the beginning of Be-ing—in the universe, the earth and the individual. It's the start of a solar system from nothingness, the flaming into life of a galaxy, the making of the sun and moon. it's the forming of the earth, of primal seas and ...
The Homiletic Review (1898)
The difference between our first creation and our second creation is that in the second instance the recreated man is himself a consenting party ; our consent does not dissolve the mystery, but it brings us into a happy relation to it. Hear the ...
Practical Conscious Creation (2011)
Daily Techniques to Manifest Your Desires by Jackie Lapin
Conscious Creation is the act ofchoosing the future you want to experience and then setting in motion the vibrational...
The Case of Tatian by Emily J. Hunt
for both Atticus and Alcinous, creation involves the ordering of disorderly pre- existent matter; for Apuleius, creation is the shaping and organizing of matter by ' God the craftsman'; for Maximus, creation is an ordering of pre-existent matter by ...
Rhetorical Purpose in the 'Book of Wisdom' and the Letter to the Romans by Joseph R. Dodson
For the former, Creation is a conquering hero, for the latter the World is a suffering slave. Furthermore, although both draw from the personification of the earth and nature in the OT, the sage goes beyond these parallels to present Creation as ...
Simone Weil (2000)
Portrait of a Self-exiled Jew by Thomas R. Nevin
Creation is the act of God knowing, loving, and creating himself in the frigid hypostases of good, truth, and being. The Trinity's...
by Matthew R. Marvel
Moreover, an inverse relationship exists between job creation and social problems. Hence, job creation remains a critical focus of governments in both developed and developing countries. New ventures, business expansions, and project ...
by J. D. Douglas, Merrill C. Tenney
should be rendered, “And the earth became formless and empty,” implying that God's perfect creation came into chaos through a great catastrophe. The Hebrew syntax, however, does not naturally lend itself to such a translation. The length ...
by Jacob Neusner
Creation, the act of bringing the world into being, is described not only in the pertinent passages of Scripture, but in a number of teachings of the Oral Torah as well. Creation is an irreducible category, never breaking down into subdivisions, ...
Encyclopaedia of Islam (2013)
by Ian Richard Netton
CREATION EX NIHILO the branch of metaphysics that examines the principles of the material world and provides different doctrines of relating this world to its First Cause, while theology, another branch, searches the features of the immaterial ...
by Leon Klenicki, Geoffrey Wigoder
The dramatic and mysterious creation story which opens the Bible has left a deep impact on all serious readers. As the opening of the Torah, it has certainly been of tremendous significance to Jewish thought. The rabbis of the Talmud were not ...
by Dasgupta, Subhasish
Knowledge Creation Knowledge Application Knowledge Storage/Retrieval Knowledge Transfer upstream firms, but also the variable requirements of downstream customers.
Dictionary of Jewish Terms (2011)
A Guide to the Language of Judaism by Ronald L. Eisenberg
Creatio ex nihilo (creation from nothing). Theological doctrine that God created the universe from nothing, a polemic against the idea in ancient myth and philosophy that the universe was created by the gods from some primordial matter that ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Creation
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Creation
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Creation
Click on an item to play that video:
- The Genesis Files: The Meaning and Purpose of Creation | Faith & Science | John Lennox, PhD
This lecture is part of the 2014 Faith and Science Conference. Here is the playlist: ...
- The Meaning Of Creation
A very simple but still true philosophical glance at the Universe & Life.
- Social knowledge creation - definition
Social knowledge creation refers to the fact that knowledge is increasingly created through interactions among the different members in a business network.
- Collaborative creation Meaning
Video shows what collaborative creation means. The advancement of knowledge by two or more parties involved in a common endeavor by pooling resources ...
- Evolution - Words Have Meaning - CBBC 2014 Genesis / Creation Seminar
In this session Steve talks about the importance of correctly understanding the meaning of words. Those who wish to change reality to match their desires ...
- Definition of Buckyballs, Creation of Buckyballs .....
BUCKYBALLS Buckyballs are very strong cage like structure (Resembling soccer ball) based on its interlocked shape. It also has the unique set of properties ...
- 1) Login, Product Master, Definition Creation - RetailCore Software
RetailCore Software does easy POS, Billing, Inventory Management (single / multiple location), Barcode label. Successfully used by Retailer and Distributors.
- Anki Fluent Forever vocabulary deck builder: Cards creation demo
This is an example of how to build anki cards for learning vocabulary of a language as suggested by Gabriel Wyner in it's Fluent Forever method using the Fluent ...
- Manu Korwea explains the meaning of a Maori Creation Song
- Insurance Agent Marketing Plan Creation Tool - Explanation Video
Now Property and Casualty Insurance Agents can create an individualized marketing plan for their insurance agency in under 3 minutes. Check it out at ...
- Skillet - The Last Night (plus Meaning behind the song) (live - Creation 2010)
Skillet - The Last Night (plus Meaning behind the song) Saturday July 3, 2010 Creation Northeast Main Stage Mt. Union, PA.
- A New Definition of a Real Creation(sex reversal of tilapia)
- Ekkian Augustine Mi'kmaq Creation Story Explanation
This is during a press conference in Europe and he is explaining his interpretation of the Mi'kmaq creation story. There are bits of the video not in English but his ...
- Vocabulary & 21st Century Skills ~ Jeopardy PowerPoint Creation
Session 5--Jeopardy: This is a self-produced video to use as follow-up with teachers at Ft. Calhoun who missed the technology integration piece of the ...
- The Meaning Of Creation Days
- The Tangible Perspective: The only explanation for creation || Spoken word
- Online WSQ creation and explanation
- AU Value Noodle Creation Explanation
The creation of each family is explained in this video.
- Anki Fluent Forever vocabulary deck builder: Cards creation demo without the add-on
This is an example of how to build anki cards for learning vocabulary of a language as suggested by Gabriel Wyner in it's Fluent Forever method in the standard ...
- Study Plan Creation for Vocabulary
- Language Creation Society
Wendi Reichstein's feature about a group of UT students who make up their own language. This story won 1st Place for Best Feature Story from the Texas ...
- The Language of Creation Energy Transmission (Earth)
- NATIONAL ANTHEM (In Different Language) By Creation Of CCK
12 Artists, 1 Nation, An anthem you will remember forever! NATIONAL ANTHEM (In Different Language) By Creation Of CCK & RJ Productions. Vocals: Kritika ...
- 1st Language Creation Conference - 7 - David Peterson - Down with morphemes
David Peterson: "Down with Morphemes: What Word and Paradigm Morphology Can Teach Us" Presentation given at LCC1, 23rd April, 2006. The handout for ...
- Data Dictionary Creation in GPS Pathfinder Office
This is an instructional video highlighting the use of the Data Dictionary Editor in Trimble GPS Pathfinder Office. The Data Dictionaries can then be used with ...
- The Language of Creation Energy Transmission (Water) Vol 3
- Advanced Data Dictionary Creation
This video highlights advanced features and uses of Data Dictionaries to be used with Trimble TerraSync software.
- The Language of Creation Energy Transmission (Air) Vol 2
Come and experience the "Metatronic Works of the living Lemurian and Atlantian Crystalline Bio Molecular Stratus". These works can be a possible self or ...
- 1st Language Creation Conference - 4 - John Quijada - Cognitive linguistics
John Quijada: "Applying Concepts from Cognitive Linguistics to Your Conlang", Presentation given at LCC1, 23rd April, 2006.
- Language Creation Project
This video is about Language Creation Project.
View more videos about The Creation.
See also the pronunciation examples of Creation!
All of creation sign language interpretation
Quotes about Creation
Scrabble value of C3R1E1A1T1I1O1N1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CREATION
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Creation!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Creation to see it in context!