On this page:
Definition of the noun crownbeard
What does crownbeard mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- any plant of the genus Verbesina having clustered white or yellow flower heads
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- alternative spellings: crown beard / crown-beard
- more generic terms: composite / composite plant = considered the most highly evolved dicotyledonous plants, characterized by florets arranged in dense heads that resemble single flowers
- more specific terms:
- Actinomeris alternifolia / Verbesina alternifolia / golden honey plant / golden ironweed / yellow ironweed / wingstem = perennial herb with showy yellow flowers
- Verbesina encelioides / Ximenesia encelioides / golden crown beard / golden crownbeard / butter daisy / cowpen daisy = coarse greyish-green annual yellow-flowered herb
- Verbesina helianthoides / gravelweed = perennial herb with yellow flowers
- Verbesina virginica / Virginia crownbeard / frost-weed / frostweed = tall perennial herb having clusters of white flowers
- member of: genus Verbesina / Verbesina = herbs and shrubs of warm North America to Mexico
Phrases with Crownbeard
- Dwarf Crownbeard
- Texas Crownbeard
- White Crownbeard
- golden crownbeard
- Yellow Crownbeard
- Bigleaf Crownbeard
- Carolina Crownbeard
- Longleaf Crownbeard
- Mountain Crownbeard
- virginia crownbeard
- Chapman's Crownbeard
- Long-Leaf Crownbeard
- Big-Leaved Crownbeard
- Gravelweed Crownbeard
- Rothrock's Crownbeard
- Diverseleaf Crownbeard
- Coastalplain Crownbeard
- Lindheimer's Crownbeard
- Coastal Plain Crownbeard
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Crownbeard
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Environmental Impact Statement
Variable-Leaf Crownbeard (Verbesina heterophylla) The variable-leaf crownbeard is a state-listed threatened species and a member of the Composite family. This plant's leaves are usually opposite or whorled at or below the midstem, and ...
by Joel Ellis Holloway, Amanda Neill
Verbesina encelioides Golden Crownbeard SCIENTIFIC NAME: Verbesina + encelioides, to look like Encelia, from the genus Encelia, and the Greek, eiS0<;, eidos, resembling. COMMON NAME: Golden, for the flower color. Crownbeard, for ...
Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms. Synonyms, and Etymology by Umberto Quattrocchi
Gray English: crownbeard V. encelioides (Cav.) A. Gray var. encelioides English: butter daisy, golden crownbeard, wild sunflower ...
The Definitive Guide to All Flower Essences, their Making and Uses by Clare G. Harvey
Crownbeard (Verbesina encelioides) For those with a defeatist attitude, or those who experience the world as unsupportive or hostile, ...
by Robert Alan Lewis
Verbesina encelioides (crownbeard), a branching, many-flowered, annual herb ( Family Compositae) with alternate leaves that grows to as much as 0.6 m in height. It occurs from Montana to Arizona, eastward to Kansas and Texas, and occurs ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Crownbeard
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Crownbeard
Verbesina occidentalis - Yellow Crownbeard
Photo credit: FritzFlohrReynolds
Scrabble value of C3R1O1W4N1B3E1A1R1D2
The value of this 10-letter word is 18 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CROWNBEARD
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Crownbeard!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Crownbeard to find many related words and phrases!