The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun crusader:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun crusader
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Crusader
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Crusader
- Photos about Crusader
- Video language resources about Crusader
- Quotes about Crusader
- Scrabble value of C3R1U1S1A1D2E1R1
- Anagrams of CRUSADER
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun crusader
What does crusader mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: crusaders
- a disputant who advocates reform
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of crusader: meliorist / reformer / reformist / social reformer
- more generic words: controversialist / disputant / eristic = a person who disputes
- more specific terms:
- emancipationist / abolitionist = a reformer who favors abolishing slavery
- birth-control campaigner / birth-control reformer = a social reformer who advocates birth control and family planning
- Chartist = a 19th century English reformer who advocated better social and economic conditions for working people
- civil rights activist / civil rights leader / civil rights worker = a leader of the political movement dedicated to securing equal opportunity for members of minority groups
- demonstrator / protester = someone who participates in a public display of group feeling
- prohibitionist / dry = a reformer who opposes the use of intoxicating beverages
- environmentalist / conservationist = someone who works to protect the environment from destruction or pollution
- women's liberationist / women's rightist / feminist / libber = a supporter of feminism
- flower child / hipster / hippie / hippy = someone who rejects the established culture
- freedom fighter / insurrectionist / insurgent / rebel = a person who takes part in an armed rebellion against the constituted authority
- activist / militant = a militant reformer
- passive resister / non-resistant = a reformer who believes in passive resistance
- preservationist = someone who advocates the preservation of historical sites or endangered species or natural areas
- Utopian = an idealistic (but usually impractical) social reformer
- Anthony Comstock / Comstock = United States reformer who led moral crusades against art and literature that he considered obscene
- Dorothea Lynde Dix / Dorothea Dix / Dix = United States social reformer who pioneered in the reform of prisons and in the treatment of the mentally ill
- John Huss / Jan Hus / Huss / Hus = Czechoslovakian religious reformer who anticipated the Reformation; he questioned the infallibility of the Catholic Church was excommunicated (1409) for attacking the corruption of the clergy
- Robert Owen / Owen = Welsh industrialist and social reformer who founded cooperative communities
- Girolamo Savonarola / Savonarola = Italian religious and political reformer; a Dominican friar in Florence who preached against sin and corruption and gained a large following
- Francis Everett Townsend / Townsend = United States social reformer who proposed an old-age pension sponsored by the federal government
- John Wilkes / Wilkes = English reformer who published attacks on George III and supported the rights of the American colonists
- a warrior who engages in a holy war
Alternative definition of the noun crusader
- Person engaged in a crusade.
- "Crusader" is an award-nominated film, directed by Aleksandr Inshakov & Mikhail Tumanishvili.
- "Crusader" is a 2005 action thriller TV movie written by Nick Angelo and directed by Bryan Goeres.
- country: Spain
- language: English Language
- producers: Tadeo Villalba & Manuel Corbi
- executive producer: Manuel Corbi
- production design by Leo Casamitjana
- written by Nick Angelo
- casting by Joy Todd, Núria Vilert, Craig Campobasso
- cinematography by Jacques Haitkin
- edited by Paul G. Volk
- music by Sean Murray
- costume design by Sebastià Laporte
- genres: Action Film, Thriller, Suspense, World cinema, Action/Adventure
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (9 years ago)
Crusader is a fictional character from the 2006 film The Da Vinci Code.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Crusader
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jonathan S. Harbour
Celtic Crusader is a large game, and it's very hard to program your own RPG!
The Devil's Kiss (2015)
by William W. Johnstone
The Crusader is a good, solid, small-town newspaper. Whitfield had, until recently, a radio station. The airwaves would alternate painfully between the nasal honkings of country music and the primal gruntings of the newly discovered rock and ...
by Herb Pearce, M. Ed., Karen K. Brees, Ph.D.
The Crusader is the prophet and the reformer who starts and helps the right causes—recycling, Planned Parenthood, Right to Life, or saving a historical site. You can speak up in groups and don't need approval, when you know you're on the ...
Congressional Record (2010)
The misinformation filling' newspapers concerning the Crusader program is troubling. Decisions to support military transformation are key and must be reached through fact and analysis. Crusader is a smart gun. Its development began in ...
Florists' Review (1903)
Crusader is the scarlet ...
by Jennifer Lawler
The crusader states were Middle East- ern states founded by the Crusaders after the First Crusade. Some of the states lasted into the thirteenth century. The crusader states fell under the nominal sovereignty of Jerusalem, but most were ...
by Cary D. Wintz, Paul Finkelman
Briggs established the Crusader in September 1918. In its early years, this periodical was the organ of the Hamitic League of the World, a group espousing “ race patriotism.” Briggs' stance is perhaps best summed upinan editorial,“Race ...
by John Anthony McGuckin
Crusader intervention followed soon after the partial demolition of the shrine of the tomb of the Lord by “Mad” Caliph Hakim in the early 11th century, but Crusader presence in the city was intermittent, and ultimately not long lasting. When the ...
by Mary Ellen Snodgrass
Unlike earlier ecstatic crusader verse, Hartmann's lines exonerated the troubled warrior for remaining fiscally earthbound. In a retreat to original themes and tone, the epic poet Wolfram von Eschenbach (ca.
by Helmut K. Anheier, Mark Juergensmeyer
The first crusaders set off from France and Italy in 1096, arrived at Jerusalem in 1099, conquered the city, massacred the majority of the inhabitants, and subsequently established four crusader states. The retaking of Edessa, one of the four ...
by Jonathan Bloom, Sheila S. Blair
39–48 Crusader art. At the end of the 11th century European Crusaders established four Crusader States in Muslim territory in Syria-Palestine at ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Crusader
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Crusader
Click on an item to view that photo:
Santa Rosa, Calif.air museum 15 yrs ago at its inception
Photo credit: <
Graceland: grave of Dexter Graves, publisher of the Daily News, sculptor Lorado Taft
Photo credit: Payton Chung
Nikon D90 + Sigma 10-20 EX DC HSM
1/400s - F/11 - 15mm - ISO200
Photo credit: Mypoorbrain
- Crusader Leftover
Several castles as this one dot the Lebanese coastline. This one is about 800 years old and in good condition.
Photo credit: rabiem22
- The Caped Crusader Watches
Or is it just a Trafalgar Square street performer?
Photo credit: garryknight
- Graceland Cemetery - Crusader
Photo credit: swimfinfan
- Burning crusader.
Photo credit: adactio
- Crusader II
The Crusader II is on wooden stilts right next to the lighthouse in Two Harbors. It was built in 1939 by Ruben and Lars Hill of Larsmont, Minnesota and was christened by Crown Prince Olav of Norway. The Crusader II is just one example of the nearly 200 boats that were made by the Hills, the majority of which were used by fishermen on Lake Superior.
Photo credit: thousand-words
- Crusader Helmet
Photo credit: anneheathen
- Crusader Helmet
Photo credit: anneheathen
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Crusader
Click on an item to play that video:
- Crusader Meaning
Video shows what crusader means. Person engaged in a crusade.. crusader pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. crusader ...
- Tukaram Poojary - Crusader of Tulu Language and Tradtions
- [Challenge Mode] Conquer Christendom with Vikings! - Challenge Description - Crusader Kings 2
What's the challenge that Kaleb must complete in a month's time? Here's the challenge description for ya! -- Watch live at ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Crusader!
Quotes about Crusader
Heaven always bears some proportion to earth. The god of the cannibal will be a cannibal, of the crusades a crusader, and of the merchants a merchant. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
more quotes about crusader...
Scrabble value of C3R1U1S1A1D2E1R1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CRUSADER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- SURE CARD
See also the blanagrams of Crusader!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Crusader to see it in context!