On this page:
- Definition of the noun Cuckold
- Definition of the verb Cuckold
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cuckold
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cuckold
- Usage statistics about Cuckold
- Photos about Cuckold
- Quotes about Cuckold
- Scrabble value of C3U1C3K5O1L1D2
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Cuckold
What does Cuckold mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: cuckolds
- a man whose wife committed adultery
Alternative definition of the noun Cuckold
- A man married to an unfaithful wife, especially when he is unaware or unaccepting of the fact.
Definition of the verb Cuckold
What does Cuckold mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: cuckolded | cuckolding | cuckolds
- be sexually unfaithful to one's partner in marriage
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Agent] [Verb] [Theme] The king knighted the brave soldier
- lexical domain: Activities - verbs of political and social activities and events
- synonyms of cuckold: betray / cheat / cheat on / wander
- more generic terms: cozen / deceive / delude / lead on = be false to
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the verb Cuckold
- [transitive] To make a cuckold of someone by being unfaithful, or by seducing his wife.
"Cuckold" is a 1997 book by Indian author Kiran Nagarkar and his third novel. It is a historical novel set in the Rajput kingdom of Mewar, India during the 17th century that follows the life of Maharaj Kumar, a fictional character based upon the real life ruler Thakur Bhojraj.
- language: English Language
- released in (18 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cuckold
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Soviet Theater (2014)
A Documentary History by Laurence Senelick, Sergei Ostrovsky
Meyerhold's The Magnanimous Cuckold is the answer of the inspired artist of the theater to the question of contemporaneity.
The Cuckold is a work of our time, passed through the purifying fire of revolutionary dislocations and reappraisals.
by Northrop Frye
the cuckold is a displaced Actaeon figure: the hounds , ...
W. A. Mozart: Così Fan Tutte (1995)
by Bruce Alan Brown
Here the cuckold is a Mantuan knight who at this point in the poem is acting as host to Rinaldo. The sorceress Melissa here plays ...
cuckold, *cocke-wold, *coke-wold,*cok-olde, •kuk-wald, *kuke-weld, * koke wold, a. [The d is excrescent, the true form being cokol, extended to cokolde ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cuckold
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about Cuckold
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb cuckold:
Photos about Cuckold
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Cuckold
Better to be a cuckold and not know it than to not be one and everybody say so.
more quotes about cuckold...
Scrabble value of C3U1C3K5O1L1D2
The value of this 7-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Cuckold to see it in context!