On this page:
- Definition of the noun Cyrano
- Phrases with Cyrano
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cyrano
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cyrano
- Photos about Cyrano
- Video about Cyrano
- Quotes about Cyrano
- Scrabble value of C3Y4R1A1N1O1
- Anagrams of CYRANO
- Share this page
Definition of the noun Cyrano
What does Cyrano mean as a name of something?
Cyrano is a genus of Chlorocyphidae, described by Needham & Gyger in 1939.
- synonym: genus Cyrano
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Insecta
- order: Odonata
- family: Chlorocyphidae
- Cyrano a.k.a. Charles de Gaulle: Charles André Joseph Marie de Gaulle was the dominant military and political leader of France for much of the period from 1940 to 1969. Refusing to accept his government's armistice with the German invaders in 1940, he set up his base in London, proclaimed himself the incarnation of France, and created the Free French movement. During the war he rallied the overseas colonies, organized the Resistance from abroad, and struggled to gain full recognition from the British and Americans. A firm proponent of democracy, he became the leader of the Provisional Government of France following its liberation in 1944 and destroyed the vestiges of the authoritarian Vichy regime. He retired from office in 1946, but returned in 1958 as France verged on civil war over the Algerian crisis. As president during the new Fifth Republic, he revised the constitution to provide for presidential control of foreign and military policy, granted independence to Algeria and the African colonies, stabilized politics, and restored the nation's economic health.
- also known as Charles André Joseph Marie de Gaulle; Charles Andre Joseph Marie de Gaulle; The Great Asparagus; de Gaulle, Charles; Charles André Joseph Pierre Marie de Gaulle; De Gaulle
- born on (125 years ago) in Lille, child of Henri de Gaulle and Jeanne Maillot de Gaulle
- ethnicity: French people
- nationality: France
- religion: Christianity, Catholicism
- profession: Soldier, military officer, politician
- Marriage with Yvonne de Gaulle between and (49 years and 7 months)
- parent of
- died on (45 years ago) in Colombey-les-Deux-Églises of aneurysm
- written works: "Appels et discours du général de Gaulle, 1940-1943", "Pour l'avenir", "Vers l'armée de métier", "La France et son armée..", "La discorde chez l'ennemi", "Doctrine politique", "Le Général de Gaulle vous parle", "Discours et messages du général de Gaulle ..", "Le fil de l'e pe e", "Meḿoires de guerre", "Discours et messages", "Vive le Québec libre"
- some of the awards:
- Croix de guerre 1914–1918
- Silver Cross
- Royal Victorian Chain
- National Order of Merit
- Order of the Elephant
- Cyrano is a musical artist, musician, lyricist, composer.
- born in (48 years ago)
- read more about Cyrano (singer)
- Cyrano is a fictional character from the 1973 film Ricco the Mean Machine.
- Cyrano is a fictional character from the 2012 film Defective.
- Cyrano is a fictional film character.
- Cyrano a.k.a. Cyrano de Bergerac is a fictional character from Cyrano musical with a book and lyrics by Anthony Burgess and music by Michael J.
- read more about Cyrano de Bergerac
There are other characters with in their name, like Cyrano Jones.
- "Cyrano" is a musical with a book and lyrics by Anthony Burgess and music by Michael J. Lewis.
- "Cyrano" is a play by Michael Hollinger and Aaron Posner adapted from play written by Edmond Rostand.
- "Cyrano" is a book written by Geraldine McCaughrean.
- genres: Fiction, Young-adult fiction
- released in (10 years ago)
- award: - Carnegie Medal nomination for Geraldine McCaughrean
- "Cyrano" is a play by Barry Kornhauser adapted from the play written by Edmond Rostand.
- "Cyrano" is a book by Ishbel Addyman.
- also known as "Cyrano: adventures in space and time with the legendary French hero"
- "Cyrano" is an opera in three acts by David DiChiera to a libretto in French by Bernard Uzan, based on the play Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand. The opera premiered on 13 October 2007 at the Michigan Opera Theatre. It was then given February 8 to 17, 2008, at the Opera Company of Philadelphia. Florida Grand Opera will presented the work in April 2011.
- language: French
- music by David DiChiera
- "Cyrano" is an opera in four acts composed by Walter Damrosch to an English language libretto by William James Henderson based on Edmond Rostand's play, Cyrano de Bergerac. It premiered at the Metropolitan Opera in New York City on February 27, 1913 with Pasquale Amato in the title role and Frances Alda as Roxane.
- "Cyrano": This is an opera by Italian composer Marco Tutino (1954 - ) written in 1987.
- music by Marco Tutino
- "Cyrano" a.k.a. "cyRáno" is an album by Kryštof.
- released in (7 years ago)
- Cyrano is a lunar impact crater that lies on the far side of the Moon. It lies due east of the huge walled plain Gagarin, and to the north of the somewhat smaller crater Barbier.
- also known as سیرانو
- Cyrano is a 2004 theater production of the play by Barry Kornhauser adapted from the play by Edmond Rostand.
- The Robert Prosky Award for Outstanding Lead Actor, Resident Play nomination for Geraint Wyn Davies
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Director, Resident Play nomination for Michael Kahn
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Set Design, Resident Production nomination for James Noone
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Lighting Design, Resident Production nomination for Howell Binkley
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Costume Design, Resident Production nomination for Robert Perdziola
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Resident Play nomination for Shakespeare Theatre Company
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Set Design, Resident Production, received by James Noone
- The Robert Prosky Award for Outstanding Lead Actor, Resident Play, received by Geraint Wyn Davies
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Director, Resident Play, received by Michael Kahn
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Resident Play, received by Shakespeare Theatre Company
- Cyrano is a 2011 theater production of the play by Michael Hollinger and Aaron Posner adapted from the play by Edmond Rostand.
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Lighting Design, Resident Production nomination for Thom Weaver
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Director, Resident Play nomination for Aaron Posner
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Ensemble, Resident Play nomination for Folger Theatre
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Choreography, Resident Production nomination for Dale Girard
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Set Design, Resident Production nomination for Daniel Conway
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Resident Play nomination for Folger Theatre
- Helen Hayes Awards for Outstanding Director, Resident Play, received by Aaron Posner
- Cyrano is a 1973 theater production of the play by Anthony Burgess.
- some of the awards:
- some of the awards:
- Cyrano is a video game developed by Harald Johnsen engine, software.
- genre: Chess engine
- Cyrano is a 1991 production of the ballet choreographed by David Bintley.
- award: - Laurence Olivier Award for Outstanding Achievement in Dance nomination for Stephen Jefferies
- Cyrano is a 1997 play directed by Andrzej Rozhin.
Phrases with Cyrano
Phrases starting with the word Cyrano:
Phrases ending with the word Cyrano:
- Garra cyrano
- Genus Cyrano
- Nezumia Cyrano
- Forcipiger cyrano
- Uroptychus Cyrano
- Galeorhinus cyrano
- Thorelliola cyrano
- Carcharhinus Cyrano
- species Garra cyrano
- Yochelcionella Cyrano
- species Nezumia cyrano
- Streptorhynchus Cyrano
Other phrases containing the word Cyrano:
View more phrases with the word Cyrano in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Cyrano
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Gale, Cengage Learning
Cyrano is the poet turned hero.
The Death of Tragedy (2013)
by George Steiner
Cyrano is the true heir to ...
Darwin's Pharmacy (2011)
Sex, Plants, and the Evolution of the Noosphere by Richard M. Doyle
Cyrano is an explicator both of Roxanne's beauty and Christian's desire. Here the resources by which pairing takes place are themselves distributed and not easily confined to the binary system of one male/one female pair. This distributed ...
being an informal discussion of their significant work by Edward Everett Hale
Cyrano is the average man, perhaps, though one of immense talent, ...
by CTI Reviews
Cyrano is a musical with a book and lyrics by Anthony Burgess ...
by Elizabeth Webber, Mike Feinsilber
Cyrano 136 When the candidates step onto the stage tonight to face off in the first of this year's presidential debates, they'll take a deep breath, stare into the camera's cyclops eye, and hope to hell they avoid a gigantic blunder. In use again, by ...
by Jonathan Law
Cyrano de Bergerac Cyrano de Bergerac A heroic comedy by Edmond Rostand, first performed in 1897 in Paris with the elder Constant-Benoît Coquelin in the title role. Although a lengthy verse play requiring a large cast, it has enjoyed ...
by John Gassner, Edward Quinn
Cyrano was staged in many countries. The plot is loosely based on the life of the French poet-soldier-philosopher Savinien Cyrano de Bergerac (l6l9-I655). but Rostand's Cyrano. affirming a heroic spirit in the face of disillusioning reality. is of ...
Containing an Historical and Critical Account of the Lives and Writings of the Most Eminent Persons in Every Nation, Particularly the British and Irish, from the Earliest Accounts of Time to the Present Period : Wherein Their Remarkable Actions Or Sufferings, Their Virtues, Parts, and Learning are Accurately Displayed : with a Catalogue of Their Literary Productions
CYRANO (Bergerac) a French author of a very particular character, was ...
by Giorgio Bagnoli
CYRANO DE BERGERAC Opera in four acts and five tableaux by Franco Alfano (1876-1954), to a text by Henri Cain, from the play by Rostand.
by Brian M. Stableford
CYRANO DE BERGERAC • 83 CYBERSPACE. A term popularized by William Gibson's Neuro- mancer (1984); it easily outstripped such competitors as "virtual space" and "software space" to become the definitive term for a "consensual ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Cyrano
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Cyrano
Click on an item to view that photo:
Cool looking old ship!
Photo credit: jbelluch
- Cyrano de Jackson
Photo credit: It'sGreg
- Cyrano de Bergefish
Photo credit: William Beutler
- FOTO CYRANO
Photo credit: Monmar Comunicació
- Troelstra als Cyrano
'Nog iemand 'n grap over mijn neus...?'
Tekening van L.J. Jordaan in De Amsterdammer 6 december 1919
Photo credit: IISG
- Menu at Cyrano's, Chicago, IL
546 N. Wells St
Photo credit: atl10trader
- Monday nights at Cyrano
Photo credit: The Pageman
- Fizik Cyrano Bar Fly Mount is adjustable
Photo credit: Glory Cycles
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Cyrano
Hector Elizondo | Cyrano de Bergerac - Use of language
See also the pronunciation examples of Cyrano!
Quotes about Cyrano
Scrabble value of C3Y4R1A1N1O1
The value of this 6-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of CYRANO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Cyrano!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Cyrano to see it in context!