On this page:
Dala is a Canadian acoustic-folk two-piece musical group, made up by Sheila Carabine and Amanda Walther, both of Scarborough, Ontario.
- genres: Folk music, Rock music, Acoustic music
- albums: "Who Do You Think You Are", "Angels & Thieves", "This Moment Is a Flash", "Everyone Is Someone", "Girls From the North Country", "Best Day"
- nomination: - nominated to Juno Award for Roots & Traditional Album of the Year – Group - "Girls From the North Country"
- official website: www.dalagirls.com
"DALA" is a musical album of Ashley Pond.
- released in (8 years ago)
Dala a.k.a. Đala is a village in Serbia. It is situated in the Novi Kneževac municipality, in the North Banat District, Vojvodina province. The village has a Serb ethnic majority with a present Hungarian and Romani minority. It has a population of 1,004 people. At the northern exit of the village is daytime border crossing with Hungary, Đala-Tiszasziget, which can be used only by citizens of Serbia, Hungary and other EU citizens, as well as citizens of Switzerland.
- dALA a.k.a. 5-Aminolevulinic acid: δ-Aminolevulinic acid is the first compound in the porphyrin synthesis pathway, the pathway that leads to heme in mammals and chlorophyll in plants.
- read more about 5-Aminolevulinic acid
- Dala a.k.a. The Fur language is the language of the Fur of Darfur in western Sudan. It belongs to the Fur branch of the Nilo-Saharan phylum.
- read more about Fur Language
- Dala is a two-player abstract strategy board game from Sudan, and played especially by the Baggara tribes. The game is also called Herding the Cows. It is an alignment game with captures similar to that of the game Dara. Players first drop their pieces onto the board, and then move them orthogonally in an attempt to form 3 in-a-rows which allows a player to capture any of their opponent's piece on the board.
- also known as 蘇丹直棋
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Dala
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Richard Lathe
Delta aminolevulinic acid (dALA) The porphyrin precursor dALA is also elevated in blood and urine of subjects exposed to heavy metals.147,158 dALA is a structural analog of GABA159 and is an inhibitor of the major (A-type) ...
A Handbook for Reconstructing after Natural Disasters by Abhas K. Jha
A DaLA is a detailed assessment methodology that estimates the direct ...
by John U. Wolff, Ma. Theresa C. Centeno, Der-Hwa V. Rau
For example dala is a ROOT but kaúsap is a BASE because it contains the root úsap plus the derivative prefix ka-: nagdala bring dala thing brought nagkáúsap engage in conversation kaúsap person with whom one talks These nominal ...
by Frank Murray
Amyg- dala is an almond-shaped mass of gray matter in the anterior ex- tremity of the temporal lobe. enviRonMentAl pollutAnts In evaluating data from 3 independent studies on the associa- tion between occupations with probable medium to ...
Dala “petal” Yogas- Two yogas formed by either benefics or malefics being in the angles. Dala is a small shoot, leaf, or petal, as it unfolds. Life unfolds, therefore, either smoothly or with difficulty. 3. Sankhya “number” Yogas- Seven yogas that ...
by Manfred Lurker
In the beginning probably, an elephant goddess of the Singhalese: dala = tusk. Later, after the introduction of Buddhism, it was believed that the now demonized god was a bringer of illnesses and misfortune.
by Professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr., Professor Emmanuel Akyeampong, Mr. Steven J. Niven
nate plageman Dala Birni Bisse, Muhammad (fl. sixteenth century), legendary founder of the Chadian ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Dala
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Dala
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Canadian Starhawk
- Dala horse
Photo credit: planetutopia
- Dala horse table cloth
Photo credit: planetutopia
- Dala Horses
Photo credit: bellemarematt
- Ji Dala
Photo credit: paolosdala
- Dala pigsen
Photo credit: DanaK~WaterPenny
- Dala Horse Duo
* Adorable Swedish wooden hand painted horses
* Designed by Nils Olsson
* Minor scuffs and scratches
* Felt dots on bottom
* Steel blue with taxi yellow, off white and scarlet details
All proceeds help us continue the fight against HIV/AIDS and homelessness
Photo credit: HousingWorksPhotos
- Dala Horse Platter
Title: Dlad Horse Platter
Creator: Arthur Halvorsen
Photo credit: arthurhalvorsen
Scrabble value of D2A1L1A1
The value of this 4-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DALA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Dala!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Dala to see it in context!