On this page:
Who is Dalida?
Dalida: Yolanda Cristina Gigliotti, best known as Dalida, was an Egyptian-Italian singer and actress who performed and recorded in more than 10 languages including: Arabic, Italian, Greek, German, French, English, Japanese, Hebrew, Dutch and Spanish. In 1961 she acquired French citizenship upon marriage, while maintaining her original Egyptian and Italian ones.
- also known as Yolanda Cristina Gigliotti, Yolande Christina Gigliotti, Iolanda Cristina Gigliotti, Dalila, Dalidà, Dali, Yolanda Gigliotti
- born on (82 years ago) in Shubra, child of Pietro Gigliotti and Giuseppina Gigliotti
- nationality: France, Italy
- education: Scuola Tecnica Commerciale Maria Ausiliatrice
- profession: Singer, actor
- died on (28 years ago) in Paris of suicide
- buried in Montmartre Cemetery
- genres: Disco, Pop music, Popular music, World music, Chanson, Raï
- albums: "(1957-1967)", "15 ans déjà", "20 souvenirs de Dalida", "40 succès en or", "Am Tag als der Regen kam", "Am Tag, Als Der Regen Kam", "Amare per vivere", "Amore Scusami", "Ballades et mots d'amour", "Bambino", "Best Of...", "Canta in Italiano", "Comme si j'étais là...", "Coup de chapeau au passé", "Dali", "Dalida chante le 7ème Art", "Dalida chante les grands auteurs", "Dalida Is Her Name", "De "Bambino" à "Il Silenzio"", "Dédié à toi (Monday Tuesday)", "Eux", "Femme est la nuit", "Forever", "Garde-moi la dernière danse", "Gigi in Paradisco", "Gondolier", "Génération 78", "I grandi successi", "Il faut du temps", "Il Silenzio", "Ils ont changé ma chanson", "J'attendrai", "Je t'appelle encore", "Julien", "L'an 2005", "Le disque d'or de Dalida", "Le disque d'or du Mundial '82", "Le petit Gonzales", "Le Rêve oriental", "Le sixième jour", "Le spectacle du Palais des Sports 1980", "Le temps des fleurs", "Le visage de l'amour", "Les 50 Plus Belles Chansons", "Les Années Barclay: 1956-1970", "Les Années Barclay: L'Essentiel 1956-1970", "Les années Barclay: L'intégrale, Volume 1: 56-57", "Les Années disco", "Les Années Orlando: 1970-1997", "Les Années Orlando, Volume 10: Pour te dire je t'aime"
- played Yolanda in "A Glass and a Cigarette"
- played Armida in "Menage Italian Style"
- played Sadikka in "The Sixth Day"
- "American secret service: cronache di ieri e di oggi"
- played Judy in "Io ti amo"
- played Colette in "La morale de l'histoire"
- played Georgia la chanteuse in "Stranger from Hong-Kong"
- played Laura Pisani in "Che femmina... e che dollari!"
- "Girls for the Mambo-Bar"
- played Bella Morena in "Rapt au deuxième bureau"
- "Le masque de Toutankhamon"
- official website: www.dalida-show.com
Dalida is a fictional character from the 2007 film The Tomb.
"Dalida" is a French and Italian two-parts-film for television directed by Joyce Buñuel released on TV in 2005. This movie tells Dalida's life.
- also known as Dalida: Pour Toujours
- countries: France, Italy, Switzerland, Belgium, Bulgaria
- language: French
- director: Joyce Bunuel
- producers: Pascale Breugnot, Anna Stoppoloni, Maurizio Tini
- executive producers: Yvetta Kotcheva & Pascal Wyn
- production design by Jean Bauer
- written by Joyce Bunuel, Camille Taboulay, Jérôme Tonnerre
- based on a story by Jérôme Tonnerre & Camille Taboulay
- Sabrina Ferilli as Yolanda Gigliotti, dite Dalida
- Michel Jonasz as Bruno Coquatrix
- Christopher Lambert as Richard Chanfray
- Charles Berling as Lucien Morisse
- Arnaud Giovaninetti as Bruno Gigliotti
- Alessandro Gassmann as Luigi Tenco
- Fanny Gilles as Rosy
- Vincent Lecoeur as Jean Sobieski
- Carole Richert as Solange
- Stephan Spassov as Claudio
- casting by Bruno Delahaye & Gwendale Schmitz
- cinematography by Roberto Venturi
- edited by Nicolas Barachin
- music by Jean-Marie Senia
- costume design by Christine Jacquin
- genres: Biographical film, Documentary film, Music, Drama
- released on (10 years ago)
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Dalida
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John Shepherd, David Horn, Dave Laing, Paul Oliver, Peter Wicke
The great names of chanson frangaise figured in Barclay's catalog: Henri Salvador, Charles Aznavour, Jacques Brel, Léo Ferré, Dalida and Mireille Mathieu. Jazz was still present, but less than before. Barclay continued to record Stéphane ...
Global Women's Issues and Knowledge by Cheris Kramarae, Dale Spender
Bender Skidmore College United States Anthropology Dalida Maria Benfield School of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Dalida
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Dalida
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scrabble value of D2A1L1I1D2A1
The value of this 6-letter word is 8 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DALIDA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Dalida!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Dalida to see it in context!