On this page:
- Darien is a town in Fairfield County, Connecticut, United States. A relatively small community on Connecticut's "Gold Coast", the population was 20,732 at the 2010 census. Darien was listed at #9 on CNN Money's list of "top-earning towns" in the United States as of 2011.
- Darien is a city in McIntosh County, Georgia. It lies on Georgia's coast at the mouth of the Altamaha River about 50 miles south of Savannah, and is part of the Brunswick, Georgia Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population of Darien was 1,719 at the 2000 census. The city is the county seat of McIntosh County. It is the second oldest planned city in Georgia and was originally called New Inverness.
- Darien is a city in DuPage County, Illinois, USA. The population was 22,086 at the 2010 census.
- Darien is a town in Genesee County, New York, United States. The population was 3,158 at the 2010 census.
- Darien is a village in Walworth County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 1,580 at the 2010 census. The village is located within the Town of Darien.
- Darien is a town in Walworth County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 1,747 at the 2000 census. The Village of Darien is located within the town. The unincorporated communities of Allen's Grove and Bardwell are located in the town. The unincorporated community of Fairfax is also located partially in the town.
Phrases with Darien
Phrases starting with the word Darien:
Phrases ending with the word Darien:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Darien
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
In which the Historical Events are Brought Down to the Year 1827 : and to which is Added a Geographical View of the United States by Charles Augustus Goodrich
Darien is a flourishing commercial town, near the mouth of the Alatamaha. - Among the other towns are Petersburg, on the Savannah, 53 miles above Augusta; Washington, 50 west-north-west of Augusta ; Louisville, ...
Comprising a System of Universal Geography, Popular and Scientific ... and Illustrated by More Than One Thousand Engravings ... with a Copious Index Answering the Purpose of a Gazeteer by Samuel Griswold Goodrich
Darien is a neat ...
A Description of American Antiquities ... History of the United States with Appendices Showing Its Connection with European History ...
••The hthmvs of Darien is that narrow neck of land which connect* North anl South America. It k about 300 miles in length, and, in the narrowest part, is only alout 80 milea DeAyllon.
Britain and the Americas (2005)
Culture, Politics, and History : a Multidisciplinary Encyclopedia by Will Kaufman, Heidi Slettedahl Macpherson
The Darien venture was a Scottish attempt to establish a colony in the Americas in order to increase Scotland's national prestige and prosperity in the face of competition with England. In 1693, William Pa- terson, a Scot who had made a ...
A Library of Universal Knowledge and an Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language ...
DARIEN—D ARIEN SCHEME. Einwall on Limon Bay, Portobello, San Blas, and Puerto scoces, 0n Caledonia Bay. DARIEN, GULF or: on the n. coast of S. America, most southerly portion of the Caribbean Sea, about 70 m. in length from n. to s.
by R. W. McColl
and west and the CARIBBEAN SEA to the east, the area includes two national parks, Darien National Park in Panama and Los Katios National Park in Colombia. The area is 30 mi or 50 km wide, from the North Pacific Ocean to the Caribbean ...
The Encyclopedia Americana (1918)
A Library of Universal Knowledge
Darien was abandoned. Consult Anderson, Dr. C. L. G., 'Old Panama and Castilla del Oro.' See Central America. DARIEN, Gulf of, also called The Gulf of Urabi, an extension of the Caribbean Sea forming a wedge-shaped indentation in the ...
by Sir David Brewster
may be mentioned the two following:—At the accession S-,-' of a new king , the carpets on which the several deceased It is navigated by vessels without keels, called chatas, Darien. as far as Cruces. On its banks near its entrance into ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Darien
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Darien
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Darien, Georgia
Photo credit: moultriecreek
- Darien Library -
the underground entrance...
Photo credit: Darien Library
- Darien waterfront
Photo credit: ken ratcliff
- Toad Mountain Panorama, Darien
Photo credit: brian.gratwicke
- Darien Library Christmas Party
The original date was snowed out, so it was Christmas Redux last night at the Darien Country Club.
Photo credit: jblyberg
View more pictures about Darien Lake.
Videos about Darien
Click on an item to play that video:
- Darien Meaning
Video shows what Darien means. , a spelling variant of Darian.. , a spelling variant of Darian.. Darien Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
- A Little Too Much [Explanation + Song] - Shawn Mendes at Darien Lake
Shawn Mendes Performing A Little Too Much at Darien Lake June 27, 2015 Shawn Mendes the meaning behind his song, A Little Too Much.
- Description of Darien
View more videos about Darien High School.
See also the pronunciation examples of Darien!
Darien Johnson Sign Language Bio
Scrabble value of D2A1R1I1E1N1
The value of this 6-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DARIEN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- READ IN
- REI DAN
See also the blanagrams of Darien!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Darien to see it in context!