Darts appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Sail as I held darts to not straddle his alias.
- "Straddle hot elder A.J." says Sissy, as Jared Leto held darts.
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun darts
What does darts mean as a name of something?
- a game in which small pointed missiles are thrown at a dartboard
- examples: Let's play darts. | I never get tired of watching Tom and Mary play darts. | Tom and Mary are playing darts. | Tom and Mary were playing darts in the den. | Tom is playing darts with Mary. | Tom pulled the darts out of the board.
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- more generic term: board game = a game played on a specially designed board
Specialised definition of the noun darts
Glossary of sports
an indoor game in which players take turns throwing arrow-shaped missiles (darts) from a set distance at a circular board (dartboard) placed at about eye level on a wall (2006. Dictionary of Sport and Exercise Science. A&C Black Publishers Ltd)
English target game, where arrows (darts) up to 15 cm long and made of metal with wings (plastic or feather) at the end are thrown at a round target (2 cm thick, 40-45 cm diameter). Every disk is divided into 20 different circle segments, with different numbers assigned to each of the segments. In one of the numerous game variants played in darts the points scored with a throw are subtracted from a number determined before the game is started. Winner is the player who reaches 0 points first. (Herbert Haag & Gerald Haag. 2003. Dictionary. Sport, Physical Education, Sport Science. Kiel, Institut für Sport und Sportwissenschaften)
Glossary of sports / bowling
target lines marked on the lane, used to help guide the ball to the pins
- synonyms: arrows
Darts were a nine-piece British doo-wop revival band that achieved chart success in the late 1970s and early 1980s. The popular London-based band had a number of UK top 20 hits including three successive Number twos with revivals of early US rock and roll and R&B songs.
- also known as The Darts
- Den Hegarty (Bass) between and
- Kenny Andrews (Bass) between and (7 years)
- Bob Fish (Vocals) between and (3 years)
- Stan Alexander (Vocals) between and (2 years)
- Pikey Butler (Vocals) between and (3 years)
- Griff Fender (Vocals) between and (8 years)
- Rita Ray (Vocals) between and (8 years)
- George Currie (Guitar) between and (3 years)
- Rob Davis (Guitar) between and (2 years)
- Duncan Kerr (Guitar) between and (3 years)
- Thump Thomson (Bass guitar) between and (8 years)
- John Dummer (Drums) between and (4 years)
- Nosmo King (Drums) between and (5 years)
- Horace Trubridge (Saxophone) between and (8 years)
- Hammy Howell (Piano) between and (2 years)
- Mike Deacon (Piano) between and (2 years)
- James Compton (Piano) between and (4 years)
- genres: Doo-wop, Pop rock, New Wave
- albums: "The Platinum Collection", "20 of the Best", "The Amazing Darts", "Get It", "Darts", "Come Back My Love", "The Boy From New York City"
- official website: www.amazingdarts.com
- "Darts": Darts is a 2003 album from the Benevento/Russo Duo. Made up of only Marco Benevento and Joe Russo, the album contains the two playing only keyboards and drums, respectively. It was recorded live at the Knitting Factory and the Tribeca Rock Club, both venues in New York City.
- "Darts" is a composition.
"Darts" is a video game.
- genres: Simulation video game, Sports game
DARTS is a Geocode, Aviation waypoint.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Darts
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Art of Darts (2013)
by John Lowe
Nine darts is the smallest amount ofdarts needed to shoot outthatscore, going straightinand finishing ona double. There area number of ways to achieve theninedarter, but eachsequence willrequireat least one oddnumbered treble, otherwise ...
by Kristine Brown, Alan Horsfield, Allyn Jones
Examples: cricket, darts, hockey, soccer: although these activities may all be played, darts is the odd one out for a number of reasons. The main reason is that darts is an indoor game played with individuals or small teams. No ball is involved.
by CTI Reviews
Darts: Darts refers to a variety of related sports, inwhichDartsarethrown at acirculartarget (dartboard) hung on a wall. Though...
As well as being a professional competitive activity, Darts is a traditional pub game, commonly played in the United ...
The Basics of Special Needs (1995)
A Routledge/Special Children Survival Guide for the Classroom Teacher by Geoffrey Moss
Directed Activities Related to Text (DARTs) is the name given to a series of strategies devised as part of a Schools Council project for helping children with literacy difficulties. DARTs is an approach to reading that seeks to encourage pupils to ...
by Chris Carey
Darts is a polite game. Traditionally, darts is known as the sport that begins and ends in a handshake. Players usually introduce themselves before a game and shake hands. A handshake of congratulations after each game is the norm.
The Impact of Missiles on Society by Brian H. Kaye
Darts is a missile game often played competitively.
by Janet Warren Lane
Linda Davie Moore, Pastor's wife, Hornersville, MO “Fiery Darts is a biblical and practical primer on a subject area which impacts followers of Christ of all ages and cultures. The author's combination of scriptural insights and probing application ...
Ultimate Book of Sports (2012)
The Essential Collection of Rules, Stats, and Trivia for Over 250 Sports by Scott McNeely
—BBc DARtS coMMeNtAtoR SID WADDell DARTS IS A BROAD CATEGORY, encompassing everything from challenge matches at your local pub or bar to professional matches sanctioned by the sport's two governing bodies, the World Darts ...
30 for a Harry (2014)
A John Denson Mystery by Richard Hoyt
Darts is a civilized game. There is just no possible way to get irked at ...
Encyclopedia of Distances (2014)
by Michel Marie Deza, Elena Deza
Darts is a sport and a pub game in which darts are thrown at a dartboard (circular target) fixed to a wall so that the bullseye is ...
The Mini Book of Mini Darts (2013)
by Randall Lotowycz, John Passineau
MAKE IT SIMPLER Finnish darts is a pretty straightforward game, but you can make it simpler by playing with just three darts, or by choosing a color and seeing how many times in a row you can hit that color before missing. TAKE IT UP A ...
Literary and scientific ; 
The current designated by the blue darts is that which is subject to be loaded to the firing point, and they show how it approaches letter D, and is discharged through the dumb furnace. 2007. Communicating with the up-cast shaft B, out of reach ...
by Colin Larkin
Darts were still able to continue in a recognizable form but were no longer hit parade contenders. As leader of Rocky Sharpe And The ...
With Topical Index by W. E. Vine, Merrill Unger
6:16, metaphorically of the darts of the evil one; “fire-tipped” would perhaps bring out the verbal force of the ...
Encyclopedia of World Sport (1999)
From Ancient Times to the Present by David Levinson, Karen Christensen
Darts is a recreational activity and sport that evolved in the 20th century from military training and a historical legacy of soldiering, combat, and armed engagement. Darts are now played virtually all over the world with the most competitive play ...
by Tony Collins, John Martin, Wray Vamplew
The NDA set up the first major individual darts championship, the Licensees Cup, which was first contested in 1926. Initially ...
by Christina Pratt
Magical Darts with each other, to reveal the true depth and complexity of reality. In adept hands the esoteric nature of the characters allows these nonverbal expressions of reality to alter the consciousness of those who work with them. Pennick ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Darts
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Darts
Click on an item to view that photo:
Having a good time at Murray's Tavern in beautiful and scenic uptown Yukon
Photo credit: gojeffrey
Miniature dart board. You can tell, right?
Photo credit: Richard_of_England
Photo credit: amboo who?
Photo credit: Tiger Girl
Photo credit: zaphodsotherhead
- Robing Hood of darts
Photo credit: Lalo Martins
- BRE Darts Charity Night
Photo credit: Stuart Chalmers
- Nerf darts
Photo credit: matsuyuki
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Darts
Click on an item to play that video:
- Explanation of Darts and How to Sew Them
This video teaches you all about darts, including many options and construction. Please...
- Darts Meaning
Video shows what darts means. Category:English plurals. A game or sport in which darts are thrown at a board, and points are scored depending on where the ...
- Explanation of Sewing Fish Eye Darts
- Explaining Meaning of DARTS
- How to Play Darts : Description of Shaft & Flight of Dart
Get a description of the shaft and flight of a dart in this free video on dart game strategies, tips and techniques. Expert: Richard Buccola Bio: Richard Buccola is ...
- How to Play Darts : Description of Dart Board & Costs
Get a description of dart boards and costs in this free video on dart game strategies, tips and techniques. Expert: Richard Buccola Bio: Richard Buccola is an ...
- Dave Chisnall New Darts Description.
Dave "CHIZZY" Chisnall Darts available now with free fitted GOLD Points Demonstrated by A180 DARTS.
- Darts with Bertrudor 03 - Adverb With a Subjective Intransitive Infinitive
- DARTS Allowable Revenue Wizard Tutorial Video 2/5: Farm Description
See also the pronunciation examples of Darts!
Quotes about Darts
When we least expect it, the hare darts out of the ditch.
more quotes about darts...
Scrabble value of D2A1R1T1S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DARTS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Darts!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Darts to see it in context!