The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun dealings:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun dealings
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for dealings
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for dealings
- Photos about dealings
- Video language resources about dealings
- Quotes about dealings
- Scrabble value of D2E1A1L1I1N1G2S1
- Anagrams of DEALINGS
- Share this page
Definition of the noun dealings
What does dealings mean as a name of something?
- social or verbal interchange (usually followed by `with')
- mutual dealings or connections or communications among persons or groups
- the act of transacting within or between groups (as carrying on commercial activities)
- example: he has always been honest is his dealings with me
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of dealings: dealing / transaction
- more generic term: group action = action taken by a group of people
- more specific terms:
- commercialism / mercantilism / commerce = transactions (sales and purchases) having the objective of supplying commodities
- affairs = transactions of professional or public interest
- trading operations / operations = financial transactions at a brokerage
- transference / transfer = transferring ownership
- exchange = the act of giving something in return for something received
- business deal / trade / deal = a particular instance of buying or selling
- downtick = a transaction in the stock market at a price below the price of the preceding transaction
- uptick = a transaction in the stock market at a price above the price of the preceding transaction
- borrowing = obtaining funds from a lender
- renting / rental = the act of paying for the use of something
- instance: Seward's Folly = the transaction in 1867 in which the United States Secretary of State William Henry Seward purchased Alaska from Russia
Alternative definition of the noun dealings
- relations with others
- business transactions
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for dealings
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Rebuilding Native Nations (2007)
Strategies for Governance and Development by Miriam Jorgensen
Effective and efficient resolution of disputes arising from commercial dealings is an essential component of the governance infrastructure which ...
by Bernd Stahl
as practice and theory of moral dealings is a defining feature of German moral philosophy. However, there is a problem with the consistency of the use of these two notions. The distinction ...
Contemporary North Korea (2009)
A guide to economic and political developments by Ian Jeffries
We believe providingthe government guarantee on banks' foreign exchange dealings is the strongest step to save our foreign exchangereserves'; ...The steps comeas countries aroundtheworld arescrambling to contain thefallout froma... credit ...
Smith's Financial Dictionary (1908)
by Howard Irving Smith
The requirements that must be complied with to gain for an issue of stocks or bonds admission to dealings at the exchange are stated in detail in a printed circular designated as the "requirements for listing" which is supplied by the exchange ...
An Encyclopedia by Gary Giroux
Exclusive dealings and tying contracts (e.g., the sale of one product conditional on the purchase of another product) also were outlawed. Four basic economic principles are described in the act related to price discrimination, exclusive dealings ...
Building Law Encyclopaedia (2009)
by David Chappell, Michael H. Dunn, Michael Cowlin
Mutual dealings on a building that is the subject of derogatory treatment, the author has the right to require the identification to be removed. Under s. 84, the right extends to forbidding false attribution of work to a person. Moral rights cannot be ...
by Charles F. Williams
Mutual Dealings.— The right of ...
by Bushra Ali
Dealings used to be conducted through the barter of goods such as ostrich feathers, Gold, gum Arabic, ivory and honey. These were followed by primitive trading of currencies in the ancient kingdoms in the form of (Shells, beads and oyster).
by Benjamin Vaughan Abbott
In the most general sense, a narrative of matters past; a statement of occurrences; more strictly, a statement of business dealings. As most often used in jurisprudence, it means a written statement ...
Being a Complete Encyclopedia of All the Case Law of the Federal Supreme Court Up to and Including Volume 206 U.S. Supreme Court Reports (book 51 Lawyers' Edition)
DEALINGs. witH. CORPORATION.—See. post,. “Contracts. and. Dealings. with . Corporation,” VI, B, 1, e; “Of President,” VIII, C. IN GENERAL—a. Agency.—The. directors. of. a. corporation. are. its. chartered. agents.” b. General. Scope. and.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for dealings
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about dealings
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: grammarshy
- Motorcycle dealings
Haggling over Gmail
Photo credit: henribergius
- Square dealings
Plaza de Mayo, Buenos Aires
Photo credit: jglsongs
- Shady dealings
Photo credit: Daniel Morrison
- Mysterious dealings
Photo credit: vincentq
- Dealings with the "natives"
Photo credit: Mr. Imperial
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about dealings
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of dealings!
Quotes about dealings
Long roads test the horse, long dealings the friend.
more quotes about dealings...
Scrabble value of D2E1A1L1I1N1G2S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DEALINGS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of dealings!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of dealings to see it in context!