On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the verb debug
What does debug mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: debugged, debugging
- locate and correct errors in a computer program code
- example: debug this program
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Agent - being or organization] [Verb] [Source] The cook deboned the fish
Verbs of Removing (with the same syntax): debark, debone, declaw, decontaminate, defang, defat, deflower, defog, deforest, defrost, degas, deglaze, degrease, dehorn, deice, delouse, desalt, descale, desex, destress, detusk, devein, disembowel, eviscerate.
- lexical domain: Change - verbs of size, temperature change, intensifying, etc.
- more generic words: correct / rectify / right = make right or correct
Alternative definition of the verb debug
- To remove a hidden electronic surveillance device from somewhere
- synonym: diagnose
- [computer science] To search for and eliminate malfunctioning elements or errors in something, especially a computer program or machinery
- synonym: troubleshoot
- [US] To remove insects from somewhere
"Debug" is a musical album of Junkfisher.
- Debug is a command in DOS, OS/2 and Microsoft Windows which runs the program debug.exe. Debug can act as an assembler, disassembler, or hex dump program allowing users to interactively examine memory contents, make changes, and selectively execute COM, EXE and other file types. It also has several subcommands which are used to access specific disk sectors, I/O ports and memory addresses.
- official website: technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb491040.aspx
- Debug is a 2014 Canadian science fiction horror film written and directed by David Hewlett. It stars Jeananne Goossen, Adrian Holmes, Adam Butcher, Kjartan Hewitt, Sidney Leeder, and Jaydn Wong as computer programmers who must deal with a hostile artificial intelligence on an interstellar spaceship. It was released on 3 November 2014 in the UK.
- Debug: De:Bug is a monthly magazine based in Berlin, covering "electronic aspects of life." Following this new definition of culture, the magazine keeps track of electronic music styles such as techno, electro or house, as well as all intersections of daily life with digital technology, it describes the internet as a social space influenced by interface design, web art, and file sharing issues. A second focus is on hardware, the latest computer games and software for musicians and other creative professionals.
- also known as De:Bug
- official website: www.de-bug.de
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Debug
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Electronics Explained (2000)
by M. W. Brimicombe
DEBUG is the name of a small, but useful piece of software which is loaded with DOS into every PC. You will be using it a lot. DEBUG allows you to perform the following tasks: • display and modify the contents of memory, • display and modify ...
Introducing Python (2014)
Modern Computing in Simple Packages by Bill Lubanovic
debug()). We can set the default level by using basicConfig(). DEBUG is the lowest level, so this enables it and ...
CCENT Study Guide (2013)
Exam 100-101 (ICND1) by Todd Lammle
Okay, let's move on now and talk about how to troubleshoot your network using the debug command. Debugging Debug is a useful troubleshooting command that's available from Checking Network Connectivity and Troubleshooting 311.
by Joshua Engel
debug is a virtual call with the receiver omitted. It is equivalent to this.debug(a, b); The receiver is thi s. There are two subexpressions, a 236 CHAPTER 10 COMPILING JAVA.
by Jesse Stay
debug(response); }); console.debug is a method that outputs the full object of the response to your browser's error log. You can use the developer mode in Chrome or Safari, or an extension like Firebug in Firefox ...
The VLSI Handbook (2010)
by Wai-Kai Chen
Post-silicon debug is an expensive process. In some cases, editing the manufactured die may be impossible. Physical verification is the last, but very important step during microprocessor layout method. If a serious design rule or timing ...
by Sam R. Alapati
debug is an optional parameter, with a default value of none. Possible values are files, stdout, and both (debug data written to both files and stdout). □ connection_override specifies whether wrc must override the connection mapping stored in ...
by Luciano Lavagno, Igor L. Markov, Grant Martin, Louis K. Scheffer
Software debug is an area in which emulation and FPGA-based prototyping are similar in capabilities. Standard software debuggers such as the ARM DS-5, GDB , and Lauterbach's Trace32 can be attached via a JTAG port. Techniques are ...
by Sharon Zardetto, Andy Baird
Debug. To fix programming code (heavy-duty, or "just" scripting), so that it works properly, getting rid of all the Bugs. Or all of the major bugs. Or most of them. This is, of course, a procedure that should always be done before software is ...
by H. Brooke Stauffer
Debug. (1) To remove errors from a computer program. (2) To examine or test software, a procedure, or equipment for the purpose of detecting and correcting errors, especially during start-up. Decibel (dB). (1) Unit equalling one-tenth of a bel ...
Volume 5 - Debuggers and Debugging Techniques to Electron Beam Lithography by Allen Kent, James G. Williams
code for debugger (DEBUG). Figure 14 is the ...
DEBUG: To remove unwanted, erroneous, or broken coding errors from a software program; slang term. DECAY: To reduce signal or electronic charge strength. DECIBEL: Unit of loudness or signal strength measure (dB); 1/10 of a bell; ...
Du Moulin to Franklin
Debug. r796. 8vo, pp. 2!. IA., ll. FISHER History of New Brunswick. By Peter Fisher. 1829.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Debug
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Debug
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Debug
Click on an item to play that video:
- Debug Meaning
Video shows what debug means. To search for and eliminate malfunctioning elements or errors in something, especially a computer program or machinery.
- Edit Compile Debug Definition and Example C++
- Metroid Fusion Debug Menu Explanation - Annotations ON!
- Edit Compile Debug Definition and Example C++
Learn and master C++ programming with ScottTheTutor...
- Super Mario All-Stars: Debug mode explanation [Codes in desc.]
- Rokroot Debug Training Series - Definition Of Terms
- Old Skool Coding: An 8086 Assembly Language Tutorial Using MS Debug.
Please read... Available in high-quality here...
See also the pronunciation examples of Debug!
Quotes about Debug
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'debug"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of D2E1B3U1G2
The value of this 5-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine