Decision appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- No, is iced dab a bad decision?
Usage statistics for the noun decision:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun decision
- Phrases with Decision
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Decision
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Decision
- Usage statistics about decision
- Photos about Decision
- Video language resources about Decision
- Quotes about Decision
- Scrabble value of D2E1C3I1S1I1O1N1
- Anagrams of DECISION
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun decision
What does decision mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: decisions
- the act of making up your mind about something
- example: the burden of decision was his
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of decision: conclusion / determination
- more generic words: choice / option / pick / selection = the act of choosing or selecting
- more specific terms:
- appointment / designation / assignment / naming = the act of putting a person into a non-elective position
- call = the decision made by an umpire or referee
- move = the act of deciding to do something
- casting lots / drawing lots / sortition = making a chance decision by using lots (straws or pebbles etc.) that are thrown or drawn
- resolution = a decision to do something or to behave in a certain manner
- a position or opinion or judgment reached after consideration
- example: a decision unfavorable to the opposition
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonyms of decision: conclusion / determination
- more generic words: judgement / judgment / mind = an opinion formed by judging something
- more specific word: predetermination = a mental determination or resolve in advance
- (boxing) a victory won on points when no knockout has occurred
- example: had little trouble in taking a unanimous decision over his opponent
- domain: boxing / fisticuffs / pugilism
- lexical domain: Natural Events - nouns denoting natural events
- more generic terms: final result / outcome / result / resultant / termination = something that results
- more specific term: split decision = a boxing decision in which the judges are not unanimous
- the outcome of a game or contest
- the trait of resoluteness as evidenced by firmness of character or purpose
Alternative definition of the noun decision
- A choice or judgement.
- [uncountable] Firmness of conviction.
- [context: chiefly combat sports] A result arrived at by the judges when there is no clear winner at the end of the contest.
- rfdef, a couple of missing senses, lang=en
Specialised definition of the noun decision
Glossary of sports
a win in a boxing match that is awarded to the fighter who is given the higher total of points by the judges (2006. Dictionary of Sport and Exercise Science. A&C Black Publishers Ltd)
- "Decision" a.k.a. "Nirnayam" is a 1991 Telugu film directed by Priyadarshan, produced by D.Kishore on Jayabheri Art Productions banner, presented by M.Murali Mohan. Starring Akkineni Nagarjuna, Amala Akkineni in lead roles and music composed by Ilaiyaraja. The film recorded as Above Average at box-office. The movie was dubbed in Tamil and Hindi languages as Sambavam and Girafthari respectively. This film is a remake of Priyadarshan's own 1989 Malayalam film, Vandanam starring Mohanlal.
- read more about Nirnayam
- "Decision" is a film.
- country: United States of America
- "decision" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "Decision" a.k.a. "Decisión" is a composition.
- music by Ignácio Cervantes
- "Decision" is a musical single of Smash.
- released in (45 years ago)
- "Decision" a.k.a. "Decisión" is a musical album of Tiro de Gracia.
- released on (9 years ago)
- "Decision" is a musical album of The Beu Sisters.
- "Decision" is a musical album of Tumblin Dice.
- "Decision" is a composition.
- music by Miklós Rózsa
- Decision: In European Union law, a decision is a legal instrument which is binding upon those individuals to which it is addressed. They are one of three kinds of legal instruments which may be effected under EU law which can have legally binding effects on individuals. Decisions may be addressed to member states or individuals. The Council of the European Union can delegate power to make decisions to the European Commission.
- also known as European Union decision
- Decision is a short-lived NBC anthology TV series that aired as a summer replacement for The Loretta Young Show in 1958. The episodes consisted of repurposed failed pilots, including a TV adaptation of the Owen Wister novel The Virginian, starring James Drury. He would later star in a long-running TV adaptation of the same novel.
- begun on (57 years ago)
- country: United States of America
Phrases with Decision
Phrases starting with the word Decision:
Phrases ending with the word Decision:
- No Decision
- bakke decision
- final decision
- split decision
- Framed Decision
- Make a Decision
- judicial decision
- Majority decision
- Game-Time Decision
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Decision
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Thomas Pink
A decision is an exercise of rationality that is directed at its object, the voluntary action decided upon, as a goal – a goal which that...
by V.T. Covello, Joshua Menkes, J.L. Mumpower
decision is an improvement on the status quo if it makes one or more persons better off without at the same time making other persons worse off.
Administrative decision is an individual activity. 2. Decision making in government is a plural activity. 3. Decision...
Every decision is a combination of fact and value propositions. A value is a statement that may be proved or disproved. A fact is ...
A decision has been defined by various management experts as follows: “A decision is an act of choice—wherein an executive forms a...
McFarland “A decision is a course of action which is consciously chosen for achieving a desired ...
The Fra (1911)
For Philistines and Roycrofters by Elbert Hubbard, Felix Shay
Hence the decision is a restriction upon popular government. The law is not what the people's representatives say it shall be, but what the reviewing court-a far remove from the people—thinks it should be. This is wrong a' If monopoly is an evil ...
Second Edition by Robert Kane
A decision is a basic action. The distinction matters...
Cooperative Strategy (2005)
by John Child, David Faulkner, Stephen B. Tallman
The first decision is that of the basic organizational form, at which point cooperation is chosen (whether as a first choice or a best second alternative) over competition or acquisition for the transaction. The second decision is the general type of ...
alternative overall procedures for the exploration, development, production, transportation and distribution of the petroleum resources of the National Petroleum Reserve in Alaska (NPRA) by United States. Office of Minerals Policy and Research Analysis, Roger Anderson
FIELD DEVELOPMENT DECISION The field development decision is the option whether or not to develop, produce, transport, and distribute the discovered reserves in a deposit. The scale economies typical in pipeline and marine ...
An Encyclopedia of Behavioral Economics by Morris Altman
deCIsIon Cost could be productively used in other ways, so there is an opportunity cost associated with any particular decision method. If we had unlimited cognitive capacity, we could sort through a set of alternatives and without cost, but such ...
Volume 70 - Supplement 33 by Allen Kent
FRANK VAN DLR VtLDE TECHNOLOGY, INFORMATION, AND GROUP DECISION MAKING: A THREE-LEVEL MODEL OF INFORMATION PROCESSING Introduction Research examining the impact of Group Support Systems (GSS) use on ...
by Wang, John
Category: Decision Support Trevor J. Bihl Air Force Institute of Technology, USA William A. Young II Ohio University, USA Gary R. Weckman Ohio University, USA INTRODUCTION Decision support systems (DSSs) are a sub-set of ...
by S. Richard Sauber, Luciano L'Abate, Gerald R. Weeks, William L. Buchanan
decision making The process used to make selections among alternatives based on an understanding of past experiences, the present situation, and future expectations. The components are (a) identifying the problem, (b) obtaining ...
by Kevin Morris, Joseph Reynolds, Louis Theodore
decision aid - a tool or process employed to select one alternative from a set of two or more available alternatives to address a problem or opportunity.  decision analysis - a decision aid based on utility theory and the laws of probability ...
Volume 19 - Energy: Costing Thermal Electric Power Plants to Ethanol by John J. McKetta Jr
Decision. Analysis. This article presents a method to analyze decisions regarding the purchase of complete spares for process plant equipment. The method is based on three facets of these decisions— defining and using all possible costs ...
Encyclopedia of Maryland (1999)
by Nancy Capace
Circuit, who shall constitute a court in banc for such purpose; and the motion for such reservation shall be entered on record, during the sitting, at which such decision may be made; and the several Circuit Courts shall regulate, by rules, the ...
Specialist CCS: Clinical Code Sets CCS: Common Communication Support CCSP: Certified Coding Specialist Physician CCT: Coding, Classification, Terminology CD: Committee Draft CD: Compact Disc CDA: Clinical (Decision) Document ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Decision
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about decision
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Usage statistics for the noun decision:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun decision:
Comparison of usage frequency between the noun decision and its most common antonym:
Photos about Decision
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Decision making.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Decision
Click on an item to play that video:
- Decision Meaning
Video shows what decision means. A choice or judgement.. Firmness of conviction.. A result arrived at by the judges when there is no clear winner at the end of ...
- That Pesky Hobby Lobby Decision: An Explanation #hobbylobby
- (ML 11.2) Decision theory terminology in different contexts
Comparison of decision theory terminology and notation in three different contexts: in general, for estimators, and for regression/classification.
- Town of Greece v Galloway The Decision's Meaning & Now Where
- Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas: Definition, Decision & Significance
6 - Civil Rights: Help and Review.
- Idiom Decision Manager - Short Introduction
A short introduction to creating formulas and decisions in the Idiom Decision Manager, given by Mark Norton, Managing Director for Idiom Limited.
- The Power of Decision and the Meaning of Truth by Prince Albert Jefferson
- Enrile's FULL explanation on Senate decision to accept Corona bank accounts
Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile announces the Senate's decision to accept both peso and dollar accounts of Chief Justice Renato Corona as evidence.
- Congress should give explanation for late decision on AP : TDP leader Ravula
TDP leader Ravula Chandrasekhar Reddy demands an explanation from Congress Party for the delay in taking decision about the President rule in AP. He also ...
- Yakima City Council reaches decision on "mission" definition for homeless shelters
Yakima City Council has approved an ordinance defining homeless shelters and where they can go in the city. Yakima City Council has approved an ordinance ...
- Idiom Decision Manager Workbench Introduction
- Split decision Meaning
Video shows what split decision means. an outcome in several full-contact combat sports where two of the three judges score for the same fighter as the winner, ...
- Idiom Decision Manager Short Demonstration
- Idiom Decision Manager Getting Started
- Idiom Decision Manager Short Introduction
- Tarball - Definition of Decision
- Idiom Decision Manager Workbench Repository
- Idiom Decision Manager Workbench Activities
- Idiom Decision Manager Workbench Auditing
- Idiom Decision Manager Workbench Reference Data Set Up
- Clinical Decision Support With Natural Language Processing Facilitates...
Dr. Thomas D. Imler discusses his manuscript "Clinical Decision Support With Natural Language Processing Facilitates Determination of Colonoscopy ...
- Decision (Noun) - Daily Dictionary
- Teresa Tinsley, Alcantara Communications, on decision to scrap a number of language exams
Teresa Tinsley, the Director of Alcantara Communications which provides research for the All Parliamentary Committee on Modern Languages in the British ...
- Ukraine struggles over official language decision
Police and protestors have clashed in Ukraine over a bill passed on Tuesday making Russian an official language in areas where people speak it. Ukraine's ...
- Students Worries with Smriti Irani Decision over Third language in Kendriya Vidyalayas | 10tv
- The Language of Decision Makers
- DEMOCRAT Is Right On AP's Decision To Drop 'Illegal Immigrant': 'Language Matters'
- No regional language test in UPSC exams; BJP, Shiv Sena call decision anti-people - India
See also the pronunciation examples of Decision!
Quotes about Decision
Scrabble value of D2E1C3I1S1I1O1N1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DECISION
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Decision!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Decision to see it in context!