The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun delegation:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun delegation
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Delegation
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Delegation
- Photos about Delegation
- Video language resources about Delegation
- Quotes about Delegation
- Scrabble value of D2E1L1E1G2A1T1I1O1N1
- Anagrams of DELEGATION
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun delegation
What does delegation mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: delegations
- a group of representatives or delegates
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonyms of delegation: commission / delegacy / deputation / mission
- more generic words: organisation / organization = a group of people who work together
- more specific terms:
- authorizing subordinates to make certain decisions
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of delegation: delegating / deputation / relegating / relegation
- more generic words: authorisation / authorization / empowerment = the act of conferring legality or sanction or formal warrant
- more specific words: devolvement / devolution = the delegation of authority
Alternative definition of the noun delegation
- An act of delegating.
- A group of delegates used to discuss issues with an opponent.
- [computing]: A method dispatching technique describing the lookup and inheritance rules for self-referential calls.
- [legal]: A contract whereby the original debtor substitutes a new debtor in his stead, with the creditor’s permission.
Delegation was a British soul musical group with a lengthy career, and an amount of international success. They are generally viewed in the U.S. as a one-hit wonder, based on the crossover hit, "Oh Honey". Their biggest UK success came in 1977, with the Top 30 hit single, "Where Is The Love".
- genres: Soul music, Rhythm and blues, Pop music, Funk
- albums: "The Very Best", "Eau De Vie", "The Classic Collection", "The Promise of Love", "The Best of Delegation", "You & I"
- Delegation is the assignment of responsibility or authority to another person to carry out specific activities. It is one of the core concepts of management leadership. However, the person who delegated the work remains accountable for the outcome of the delegated work. Delegation empowers a subordinate to make decisions, i.e. it is a shift of decision-making authority from one organizational level to a lower one. Delegation, if properly done, is not abdication. The opposite of effective delegation is micromanagement, where a manager provides too much input, direction, and review of delegated work. In general, delegation is good and can save money and time, help in building skills, and motivate people. Poor delegation, on the other hand, might cause frustration and confusion to all the involved parties. Some agents however do not favour a delegation and consider the power of making a decision rather burdensome.
- Delegation: In contract law and administrative law, delegation is the act of giving another person the responsibility of carrying out the performance agreed to in a contract. Three parties are concerned with this act - the party who had incurred the obligation to perform under the contract is called the delegator; the party who assumes the responsibility of performing this duty is called the delegatee; and the party to whom this performance is owed is called the obligee.
- Delegation: In object-oriented programming, there are three related notions of delegation.
- Delegation a.k.a. Delegation in IT: Delegation is the process of a computer user handing over their authentication credentials to another user. In role-based access control models, delegation of authority involves delegating roles that a user can assume or the set of permissions that he can acquire, to other users.
- Delegation is an Irish quiz show, broadcast on RTÉ One, produced by Adare Productions and hosted by Tomás Ó Brannagáin.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Delegation
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by group of authors
Due to the great importance of time, within the management, apart from other functions, delegation is a very important place.
Intruduction Delegation is an unavoidable phenomenon in every aspect of manager's life. It can be said that delegation is the key to successfully completing almost all of the manager's activities.
An Economic Guide for Policymakers by J. Michael McGuire
Delegation Political delegation is an intermediate position between deconcentration and devolution. Here, local...
Delegation is an informal authoriza4. Coordination by plan entails estab- tion to an executive. lishment of schedules in...
Delegation is the result of decentralIzation. 21. Delegation (a) Only 1 is correct 1. is distribution of organizational ...
Christian Education (1991)
Foundations for the Future by Robert E. Clark, Lin Johnson, Allyn K. Sloat
Delegation is the heart of good management and the answer to the pastor's frustration. In a word, it is passing work on to others while maintaining a management check. Like time management, delegation is a skill the pastor must master.
by M.G. Rao & V.S.P. Rao
Delegation is a two sided relationship.
Delegation is an act of trust, an expression of confidence that the individual to whom duties are assigned will discharge...
Delegation means freedom of action sufficient to get the task accomplished.
Critical Thinking in Nursing (2004)
A Cognitive Skills Workbook by Saundra K. Lipe, Sharon Beasley
SUMMARY Delegation is an important nursing skill. It requires a systematic plan to ensure optimal patient care. The plan should be based on the nursing process. Delegation is a skill that can be learned. Many of today's nurses were trained ...
Office Management (2008)
by R S N Pillai
Delegation means assigning work to others and giving them authority to do it. The Board of Directors or the partners or the sole trader possesses all the power or authority to run the firm concerned. If the top management goes for doing the ...
by INSTITUTE OF COST ACCOUNTANTS OF INDIA (ICAI / ICWAI / ICMAI)
Delegation is the process of devolution of authority whereas decentralisation is the end result which is achieved when...
ADMINISTRATIVE THEORY (2009)
by PARDEEP SAHNI, ETAKULA VAYUNANDAN
As per Mooney, “Delegation means conferring of specified authority by a higher to lower authority. In its essence it involves a dual ...
Agricultural Policies and Implementation by Nwafejoku Okolie Uwadibie
Delegation is the transfer of specific managerial responsibility for specifically defined functions to units that are outside the...
The New Law Reports (1901)
The ministerial delegation is a personal act ; the execution of the personal delegation is a " real " act. The latter must, in the present case, be done in conformity with the lea loci cites ; it may be that the former is to be governed by the law of the ...
by Mark Minasi, Kevin Greene, Christian Booth, Robert Butler, John McCabe, Robert Panek, Michael Rice, Stefan Roth
Active Directory delegation is a powerful solution to the oldworld style of legacy Windows domains, where you had to create multiple domains to create...
by Jesse Feiler
Delegation is a pattern used extensively in the iOS frameworks, so much so that, if you want to do any serious app development work, you're going to have to get your head around it. In fact, when you do understand it, your life will instantly ...
by Roberto Perotti, Rolf Strauch, Jürgen von Hagen, Centre for Economic Policy Research (Great Britain)
Delegation is the proper approach for ...
Clinical Delegation Skills (2004)
by Ruth Hansten, Marilynn Jackson
Delegation is a skill that must be practiced for a nurse to become proficient. Like other aspects of nursing practice, the knowledge and skills to delegate safely and effectively must be required. The nurse must then apply the knowledge and ...
Beyond Reductionism (1999)
Gateways for Learning and Change by Neil Douglas, Terry Wykowski
Purposeful Delegation and Responses by Individuals Delegation is the process of entrusting resources to others and...
We have argued that purposeful delegation is a key factor in bringing about purposeful organizational behavior.
Learning the Strategic, Organizational, and Tactical Skills Everyone Needs Today by Jeffrey Magee
Delegation is a powerful management tool, both for assisting management in addressing its top priorities and in developing players for a winning team. While delegation is the single most powerful development tool in the manager/coach ...
Smart Growth (2010)
Building an Enduring Business by Managing the Risks of Growth by Edward D. Hess
“Delegation is the most difficult thing to learn.” “Most people can't develop skills as fast as the business can grow.” “It takes one set of skills to manage a company and an entirely different set of skills to grow a company.” “Ultimately you have to ...
by Mark Minasi, Darril Gibson, Aidan Finn, Wendy Henry, Byron Hynes
Active Directory delegation is a powerful solution to the old-world style of Windows NT domains, where you had to create...
by Annie Phillips
Delegation The process by which work is ...
by Ronald Hamowy
In 1935, the Supreme Court, in a unanimous decision, ruled that the National Recovery Administration constituted a delegation of legislative power to the executive that violated the provisions of the Constitution. The Court thus attempted to ...
by Jan Onofrio
President Hoover appointed Davis a member of the American delegation to the General Disamlament Conference which convened in Geneva in 1932.
Volume 29 - Stanford University Libraries to System Analysis by Allen Kent, Harold Lancour, Jay E. Daily
Delegation for Scientific and Technical Information Provision: A delegation for information provision, taking over the responsibilities of FBR and SINFDOK, should be established as of July 1, 1979. It should assume the responsibility for overall ...
by Joyce M. Bellamy, David E. Martin, John Saville
It was, as noted above, in early March 1920 that the joint telegram from the British Labour Party and the TUC was sent to the Hungarian Prime Minister, and the Delegation that followed arrived in Budapest in mid-May 1920. On the way the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Delegation
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Delegation
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Delegation
Click on an item to play that video:
- Definition of Delegation
Delegation is all about assigning responsibility and authority to a subordinate to carry-out a specific activity. Stephen Covey says that effective delegation takes ...
- Delegation Meaning
Video shows what delegation means. An act of delegating.. A group of delegates used to discuss issues with an opponent.. A method dispatching technique ...
- Delegation With Former US President Carter Cancels Gaza Visit Without Explanation
A delegation led by former U.S. President Jimmy Carter says it has called off a planned visit to the Gaza Strip. Carter had planned to make the visit on Thursday ...
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = EP delegation
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Commission Delegation
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = delegation of power
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = interparliamentary delegation
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = parliamentary delegation
- IDF Japan Aid Delegation Members and Local Children Share a Common Language
The IDF aid delegation to Japan takes a quick break to entertain the local children, residents of Minamisanriku, who experienced deep losses from the tsunami ...
- HANSE delegation original language
- UKRAINE Delegation - International Festival of Language and Culture 2015
UKRAINE Delegation - International Festival of Language and Culture 2015.
- The Y.K. Dictionary - Delegation
- Just Coffee Package Description - Nicaragua Delegation July 2010
See also the pronunciation examples of Delegation!
Quotes about Delegation
Yesterday I, along with a bipartisan Congressional Delegation of lawmakers, inspected the detention facilities at Guantanamo used to house individuals detained in the War on Terrorism. (Jim Ryun)
more quotes about delegation...
Scrabble value of D2E1L1E1G2A1T1I1O1N1
The value of this 10-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine