Demon appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Tonsure vile demon-gate lot to let a gnome deliver us not!
- At a demon gate, gnome date Lizzi let a demon get a gnome data.
- Shall a feeble psi-demon gate let a gnome dispel beef – Allah’s?
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun demon:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun demon
- Phrases with Demon
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Demon
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Demon
- Photos about Demon
- Videos about Demon
- Sign language
- Quotes about Demon
- Scrabble value of D2E1M3O1N1
- Anagrams of DEMON
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun demon
What does demon mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: demons
- an evil supernatural being
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- alternative spelling: daemon
- synonyms of demon: daimon / devil / fiend
- more generic term: evil spirit = a spirit tending to cause harm
- more specific words:
- a cruel wicked and inhuman person
- someone extremely diligent or skillful
Alternative definition of the noun demon
- An evil spirit.
- A fallen angel or Satanic divinity; a false god.
- One’s inner spirit or genius, a daimon.
- [Greek mythology] A spirit or lesser divinity between men and gods.
- A foible; a flaw in a person’s character.
- Someone of remarkable or diabolical energy or ability.
- "Demon" a.k.a. "Devil" is a 2010 American supernatural horror film directed by John Erick Dowdle and written by Brian Nelson based on a story by M. Night Shyamalan. The film stars Chris Messina, Logan Marshall-Green, Geoffrey Arend, Bojana Novakovic, Jenny O'Hara and Bokeem Woodbine. Devil was released on September 17, 2010, and is the first of The Night Chronicles trilogy, which involves the supernatural within modern urban society. However, as of 2014, no plans to continue the trilogy have materialized.
- read more about Devil
- "Demon" a.k.a. "Asuran" is a 1995 Tamil language film directed by Velu Prabhakaran and written by R. K. Selvamani. The film features Arun Pandian and Roja in lead roles whilst Radharavi, Napoleon and Senthil play supporting roles. Mansoor Ali Khan reprised his role of Veerabhadran from Captain Prabhakaran.
- read more about Asuran
- "Demon" is a 1977 short film written and directed by Heinz Emigholz.
- country: Germany
- language: German Language
- producer: Heinz Emigholz
- written by Heinz Emigholz
- cinematography by Heinz Emigholz
- edited by Heinz Emigholz
- released on (38 years ago)
- "Demon" is a 2004 film directed by Irina Yevteyeva.
- released in (12 years ago)
- read more about Demon (film)
"Demon" is a Locus nominated 1984 science fiction novel by John Varley. It is the third and final book in his Gaea Trilogy.
- language: English Language
- genres: Science Fiction, Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1984
- released in (32 years ago)
- award: - Locus Award for Best Science Fiction Novel nomination for John Varley
"Demon" is a monochrome vector arcade game from Rock-Ola that was created in 1982. The premise was that the player must fly his space shuttle around the screen collecting the crystals to keep the ship's laser powered.
- developer: Rock-Ola
- genre: Shooter game
- publisher: Rock-Ola
- released in (34 years ago)
- Demon a.k.a. Pazuzu is the main antagonist in The Exorcist horror novels and film series, created by William Peter Blatty. Blatty derived the character from Assyrian and Babylonian mythology, where Pazuzu was considered the king of the demons of the wind, and the son of the god Hanbi. In The Exorcist Pazuzu appears as a demon who possesses Regan MacNeil.
- Demon is a fictional character from the 2008 film The 9th Circle.
- in films:
- "The 9th Circle", played by Richy Ryan
- "The 9th Circle", played by Jev Maskuli
- "The 9th Circle", played by Carmin Faljean
- "The 9th Circle", played by Damien Leone
- "The 9th Circle", played by Sammi Borriello
- "The 9th Circle", played by Charlie Scharfman
- "The 9th Circle", played by Dean Briscoe
- "The 9th Circle", played by Beth Goepel
- "The 9th Circle", played by Mike Giannelli
- "The 9th Circle", played by Eric Diez
- "The 9th Circle", played by John McCarthy
- in films:
There are other characters with in their name, like demon 1, demon 2, demon 3, Demon.., demon's, demon #1, Sun Demon, Blue Demon, Demon Bear, Lady Demon, Chaos Demon, Speed Demon, Demon Hunter, Demon Slayer, Little Demon, Shadow demon, Bog Swamp Demon, Demon Sorcerers, Harlequin Demon.
- Demon is a song by Korean-American singer, Jay Park. It was first released as a digital single on September 5, 2011 in South Korea, then as a digital single on iTunes on September 13, 2011 worldwide.
- "Demon" is a musical album of Gazpacho.
- released on
- "Demon" is a musical single of Jay Park.
- also known as Demon [digital Single]
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Demon" is a musical album of Fatum.
- released in (6 years ago)
- "Demon" is a musical EP of Tonedeff.
- released on
- "Demon" is a musical EP of Demon.
- released in (30 years ago)
- "Demon" is a musical album of Envelopes.
- released on (10 years ago)
- "Demon" is a musical EP of Misty Grey.
- released on
- "Demon" is a composition.
- "Demon" is a musical album of Galiryon.
- "DEMOn" is a musical album of Evil Little Men.
Who is Demon?
Demon: Jeremie Mondon, known by his stage name Demon, is a French artist and producer of electronic music born in 1977 in Paris. His music comes under the genre known as French touch.
- also known as Jérémie Mondon
- born in (39 years ago) in Paris
- member of musical groups:
- genres: House music, French house
- albums: "Midnight Funk", "Branding", "Elektra", "In the Park", "Music That You Wanna Hear", "Lil' Fuck", "Happy Therapy", "I Think", "The Luxury Pack: You Are My High Remixes", "WUZ – Use Me Volume 2"
Demon is an English rock/metal group, formed in 1979 by vocalist Dave Hill and guitarist Mal Spooner, both hailing from Leek, Staffordshire. They are considered an important band in the New Wave of British Heavy Metal.
- Steve Brookes in
- Steve Brookes between and (4 years)
- Dave Hill between and (13 years)
- Dave Hill since
- Neil Ogden since
- David Cotterill since
- Ray Walmsley since
- Paul Hume since
- Karl Waye in
- Karl Waye since
- Paul Riley between and
- John Wright between and (8 years)
- Clive Cook between and
- Mal Spooner between and (5 years)
- Les Hunt between and (2 years)
- Chris Ellis between and
- Gavin Sutherland between and
- Steve Watts between and (7 years)
- John Waterhouse between and (7 years)
- Andy Dale between and
- Andy Dale between and (10 years)
- Nick Bushell between and (3 years)
- Scott Crawford between and (3 years)
- Mike Thomas since
- Paul Rosscrow since
- John Cotterill since
- Duncan Hansell since
- Karl Finney between and (2 years)
- Tim Read between and (2 years)
- Paul Farrington between and (10 years)
- Paul Johnson between and
- Chris Robinson
- Keith Mulholland
- Paul Jones
- Steve Pitt
- Keith Andrews
- Les Hunt (Bass guitar) in
- Steve Brookes between and (2 years)
- Steve Brookes between and (5 years)
- genres: Heavy metal, New Wave of British Heavy Metal, Hard rock, Progressive rock
- albums: "The Plague", "British Standard Approved", "Night of the Demon / The Unexpected Guest", "Night of the Demon", "Taking the World by Storm", "The Best of Demon Volume One", "The Unexpected Guest", "Heart of Our Time", "One Helluva Night", "Breakout", "Blow-Out", "Hold On to the Dream", "Wonderland", "Anthology", "Liar", "Demon", "Tonight (The Hero Is Back)", "Unbroken", "Better the Devil You Know", "Spaced Out Monkey"
- nomination: - nominated to MTV Europe Music Award for Best French Act
- official website: www.the-demon.com
Demon is a record label.
- The Demon is a multi-looping roller coaster at Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, Illinois in the Chicago area and California's Great America in Santa Clara, California. Both coasters opened in 1976 as Turn of the Century and were heavily rethemed and renamed as Demon in 1980.
- also known as The Demon
- Demon is a stratovolcano located at the northern end of Iturup Island, Kuril Islands, Russia.
- Demon: A demon, daemon or fiend, is a supernatural, often malevolent being prevalent in religion, occultism, literature, fiction, mythology and folklore. The original Greek word daimon does not carry the negative connotation initially understood by implementation of the Koine δαιμόνιον, and later ascribed to any cognate words sharing the root.
- also known as 邪靈
- Demon: In the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game, demons are the most widespread race of fiends. The demons are chaotic evil by nature, and are native to the Abyss. Demons have no true rulers, though powerful demon lords are able to gain enough power and influence to gain control over sizable armies of demonic creatures.
- Demon: In the fictional Buffyverse established by Buffy and Angel, a Demon is a kind of nonhuman life form separate from the animal kingdom.
- Demon a.k.a. Yacha: Set in a tumultuous period where the political scene is murky and various people fought to gain power and the throne, the young king will do anything to strengthen his shaky position in court. His childhood friend Baek Rok leads a secret military force loyal to the king, called the "Black Cloud Swords." Baek Rok lives for his king, his brother Baek Kyul and his lover Jung Yeon, but when his ambitious brother betrays him and leads him into a trap, he finds himself on the run. He becomes a slave and gladiator, eventually returning to Joseon to seek revenge.
- read more about Yacha
- Demon: In thought experiments philosophers occasionally imagine entities with special abilities as a way to pose tough intellectual challenges or highlight apparent paradoxes.
Phrases with Demon
Phrases starting with the word Demon:
Phrases ending with the word Demon:
- speed demon
- Phanaeus Demon
- maxwell's demon
- Dysspastus Demon
- Donaspastus Demon
- Paradynomene Demon
- Species Phanaeus Demon
- Species Dysspastus Demon
- Species Donaspastus Demon
- Species Paradynomene Demon
Other phrases containing the word Demon:
- Phanaeus Demon Excelsus
- Phanaeus Demon Obliquans
- Subspecies Phanaeus Demon Excelsus
- Subspecies Phanaeus Demon Obliquans
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Demon
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Flaming Center (2016)
A Theology of the Christian Mission by Carl E. Braaten
A second demon is the recourse to subjective experience as source and norm of theology, in exchange for the creative...
A fourth demon is a relapse into legalism in morality, preferring the precedents of law to the uncharted course of freedom.
A Demon is a pattern of bad circumstances that a person repeatedly gets into. The pattern follows its host everywhere, reinforces...
Global Discord in the New Millennium by Randall L. Schweller
Maxwell's Demon Is a Big Data Cyberazzi There is an emerging Maxwell's demon in today's world. It is a superintelligent sorter, the likes of which the world has never seen before. It can scarcely be called a savior, however, certainly not for ...
The Cooperative Gene (2000)
How Mendel's Demon Explains the Evolution of Complex Beings by Mark Ridley
Mendel's demon is a randomizing demon who breaks down the information that a gene would need in order to benefit from acts of selfish...
The Warrior Called Demon (2016)
Demon is a warrior with a troubled past.
by William D. Mawby
Maxwell's demon is an imaginary being who sorts molecules by type as they bounce between two connecting containers. It was intended as part of an impossible thought experiment to argue some points in A Reintroduction to Inspection ...
The Common Sense Spell Book (2013)
by Debbie Dawson
The word demon is a corruption of the Greek daemon which simply means spirit. In some grimoires, they're all called angels, but there are the Holy Angels and the Infernal Angels. Neither are called on often in Folk magic, although some ...
Hot Magic (2013)
Magic Destiny, Book 1 by Holli Bertram
“Being a demon means never havingto sayyou're sorry. You've been on earth too long, Josephius, if you're apologizing.” Joe came to anabrupt halt,and allthree ofthem turned toward the voice. It wasJeffrey, the Norman Rockwell demon from ...
by Louis M. Houston
Maxwell's demon is an idea that can reduce entropy in ...
by Suresh Chandra
The first demon challenging the life of Krishna is named ...
by Rodney P. Carlisle
Racing Demon, also known as Gluck, Grouch, Lucky Thirty, Nerds, Nerts, Nertz, Mertz, Moofles, Peanuts, Popeye, Pounce, Solitaire Frenzy, Stop, Squeal, Squeak, Squid, Speed, Squinch, or Race Horse Rummy, is a Solitaire variant played ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Demon
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Demon
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: runran
Photo credit: Intamin10
Marc Rausch Photography
Photo credit: MRP | marcrauschphotography
Photo credit: fadespike
Photo credit: Robosprout
As flown by the Most Exclusive Flying Club In The World.
Better known as the RAF. In the 30s.
Photo credit: Elsie esq.
Camera & Glass Info:
Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT
Canon 70-200 F/4L USM
Subject : Pteropodidae (Fruit Bats)
Focal Length : 184mm
Exposure Program: Aperture Priority
Shutter Speed : 1/4000 sec.
Lens Aperture : F/5.6
ISO Speed : ISO-400
Exposure Bias : 0 Steps
Metering Mode : Pattern
Tripod Used : No / Handheld
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photo credit: Lucid-Dreams
Photo credit: fadespike
- Inner Demon
A ghostly expression leaps out if the subject's beautiful face.
Photo credit: chrishobcroft
- Demon Eating
Photo credit: indi.ca
- Demon Head
Photo credit: Lene Melendez
- Demon Eating Man
Photo credit: indi.ca
- Demon Biker
Photo credit: The Manic Macrographer
- Grass Demon
Photo credit: B_cool
- South Loop demon
Photo credit: quinn.anya
- Demon Cat attacks again
Photo credit: nachof
View more pictures about The Demon.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Demon
Click on an item to play that video:
- Demon Meaning
Video shows what demon means. An evil spirit.. A fallen angel or Satanic divinity; a false god.. One's inner spirit or genius, a daimon.. demon synonyms: ...
- Maxwell's demon Meaning
Video shows what Maxwell's demon means. A hypothetical creature created for a thought experiment. Maxwell's demon, if it existed, would act as a sort of gate ...
- Daemon / Demon - The Original Meaning
- Meaning of life (with demon dog)
- Insane Labz Demon Dust Description
The inside scoop on the new product by Insane Labz, Demon Dust.
- Prophet Shepherd Bushiri Casting out a Demon in Local Language
View more videos about Speed Demon.
See also the pronunciation examples of Demon!
Human uses sign language to communicate covertly with demon
A three-minute video shows a human first listening to a demon speaking, which is similar to the high-pitched, fast-talking demon heard in VIDEO | Demons can ...
Quotes about Demon
Not necessity, not desire - no, the love of power is the demon of men. Let them have everything - health, food, a place to live, entertainment - they are and remain unhappy and low-spirited: for the demon waits and waits and will be satisfied. (Friedrich Nietzsche)
more quotes about demon...
Scrabble value of D2E1M3O1N1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DEMON
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Demon!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Demon to see it in context!