On this page:
- Definition of the adjective demonstrative
- Definition of the noun demonstrative
- Phrases with Demonstrative
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Demonstrative
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Demonstrative
- Photos about Demonstrative
- Video language resources about Demonstrative
- Quotes about Demonstrative
- Scrabble value of D2E1M3O1N1S1T1R1A1T1I1V4E1
- Share this page
Demonstrative is a member of the word family demonstrate, included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
Definition of the adjective demonstrative
What does demonstrative mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more demonstrative / most demonstrative
- given to or marked by the open expression of emotion
- serving to demonstrate
Alternative definition of the adjective demonstrative
- that serves to demonstrate, show or prove
- given to open displays of emotion
- [grammar] that specifies the thing or person referred to
Definition of the noun demonstrative
What does demonstrative mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: demonstratives
- a pronoun that points out an intended referent
Alternative definition of the noun demonstrative
- [grammar] A demonstrative adjective.
- [grammar] A demonstrative pronoun.
Demonstrative: In linguistics, demonstratives are often deictic words that indicate which entities the speaker refers to and distinguishes those entities from others.
Phrases with Demonstrative
- demonstrative of
- demonstrative pronoun
- Demonstrative Adjective
- Demonstrative Determiner
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Demonstrative
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
With an Introductory Description of the Country and People of Yoruba by Thomas Jefferson Bowen
Demonstrative Pronouns. § 101. The demonstrative pronouns are yi, this; na, that; n\,this one, that one,' with ...
by John Chisholm
DEMONSTRATIVE LEGACY.—A demonstrative legacy is a bequest payable out of or secured upon a particular fund or security (Douglas' Errs, 1869, 7 M. 504). When a legacy is to be paid out of a particular fund, if that fund perishes or is ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Demonstrative
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Demonstrative
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: peretzpup
View more pictures about Demonstrative Pronoun.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Demonstrative
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Demonstrative!
Quotes about Demonstrative
Scrabble value of D2E1M3O1N1S1T1R1A1T1I1V4E1
The value of this 13-letter word is 19 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine