The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun denseness:
On this page:
Definition of the noun denseness
What does denseness mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: densenesses
- the quality of being mentally slow and limited
- the spatial property of being crowded together
- the amount per unit size
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- synonym of denseness: density
- more generic word: compactness = the consistency of a compact solid
- more specific terms:
- bits per inch / bpi = a measure of how densely information is packed on a storage medium
- flux density / flux = the number of changes in energy flow across a given surface per unit area
- photographic density / transmission density / optical density / absorbance = a measure of the extent to which a substance transmits light or other electromagnetic radiation
- low density / tenuity / rarity = a rarified quality
- relative density = the ratio of the density of something to the density of a standard
Alternative definition of the noun denseness
- The quality of being dense, especially in the sense of limited mental capacity.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Denseness
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Diamond Mind (2012)
The Intelligent, Synergistic Approach to Science and Spirituality by Nightingale L. Florence, Ph.D, M.ED.
Its denseness is the result of its vibratory rate or frequency. This continual progression of energy, demarcated by the respective vibratory rate finally slows down as matter or tangible form. Thus, all material structures at the same moment in time ...
by José Ferreirós
Denseness is the property that, whenever s < t, there is an element r such that s < r < t. 34A set of rational numbers is a cut iff whenever r C then every s r belongs to C, and C is bounded above. (More precisely, for Dedekind a cut in Q ...
The Pledge (2010)
Your Master Plan for an Abundant Life by Michael Masterson
The ultimate denseness is a black hole, which sucks in light but gives out none. As psychological creatures, our consciousness is always in flux between the contraction and the dissolution of the ego. Our egocentric impulses are the source of ...
by Martin Manser
denseness n The denseness of the smoke made it hard to breathe. density n 1 state ...
by Dr. Baljit Singh
denseness n. the quality of being dense; stupidity. density n. relation of weight to volume; compactness. dent' n small hollow made by ...
Incorporating the Labours of Sheridan and Walker ... Also a Key to the Pronunciation of Classical and Scripture Proper Names by James Knowles
DENSITY, DENSENESS, dcns4t-e, denseness, n. DENT , dent', ».
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Denseness
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Denseness
Denseness was only one of several flaws
Photo credit: Daniel Zemans
Video about Denseness
Video shows what denseness means. The quality of being dense, especially in the sense of limited mental capacity.. Denseness Meaning. How to pronounce ...
Scrabble value of D2E1N1S1E1N1E1S1S1
The value of this 9-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Denseness to find many related words and phrases!