The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun departure:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun departure
- Phrases with Departure
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Departure
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Departure
- Photos about Departure
- Video language resources about Departure
- Quotes about Departure
- Scrabble value of D2E1P3A1R1T1U1R1E1
- Anagrams of DEPARTURE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun departure
What does departure mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: departures
- the act of departing
- lexical domain: Acts - nouns denoting acts or actions
- synonyms of departure: going / going away / leaving
- more generic terms: act / deed / human action / human activity = something that people do or cause to happen
- more specific terms:
- breaking away = departing hastily
- leave-taking / farewell / parting / leave = the act of departing politely
- French leave = an abrupt and unannounced departure
- disappearance / disappearing = the act of leaving secretly or without explanation
- withdrawal = the act of withdrawing
- sailing = the departure of a vessel from a port
- embarkation / embarkment / boarding = the act of passengers and crew getting aboard a ship or aircraft
- exit = the act of going out
- despatch / dispatch / shipment = the act of sending off something
- takeoff = a departure
- a variation that deviates from the standard or norm
- lexical domain: Natural Events - nouns denoting natural events
- synonyms of departure: deviation / difference / divergence
- more generic words: fluctuation / variation = an instance of change
- more specific words:
- euphemistic expressions for death
Alternative definition of the noun departure
- the act of departing or something that has departed
- a deviation from a plan or procedure
- a death
- [context: navigation] the distance due east or west made by a ship in its course reckoned in plane sailing as the product of the distance sailed and the sine of the angle made by the course with the meridian
Departure is a musical group, record producers.
- albums: "Without You Near / First Time", "Without You Near"
- official website: www.departuremusic.com
- "Departure" is the third studio album by American recording artist Jesse McCartney. It was released on May 20, 2008 through Hollywood Records. The album was re-released on April 7, 2009, under the name Departure: Recharged. The album featured a heavier R&B sound, and spawned three US Hot 100 top 40 hits, "Leavin'", "How Do You Sleep?", and "Body Language". The latter two were released as singles from the recharged edition.
- "Departure" is the sixth studio album by the American rock band Journey. It was released in March 1980 on the Columbia Records label.
- "Departure" is the debut studio album by English R&B singer-songwriter Taio Cruz. It was released on 17 March 2008. The album entered the UK Albums Chart at number 17.
- "Departure" a.k.a. "Samurai Champloo Music Record: Departure" is a soundtrack album, released on June 23, 2004, for the anime series Samurai Champloo. It is the second of four soundtrack albums released for the show.
- read more about Samurai Champloo Music Record: Departure
- "depArture" is a 2009 studio album by AAA.
- genre: J-pop
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Departure" is a musical album of Code 64.
- also known as Departure (bonus disc)
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Departure" a.k.a. "departure!" is a musical single of Masatoshi Ono.
- released on
- "Departure" is a musical single of Scandal.
- released on
- "Departure" is the debut album by Spotlight Kid.
- "Departure" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "Departure" is a cataloged instance, composition.
- "DEPARTURE" is a musical album of HY.
- released on (12 years ago)
- "Departure" is a 1931 French drama film directed by Maurice Tourneur and starring Jean Marchat, Simone Cerdan and Ginette d'Yd. It was based on a novel by Roland Dorgelès. An opera singer travelling with her company on a passenger ship for a tour of French Indochina, encounters a mysterious young man who she falls in love with.
- "Departure" a.k.a. "The Departure" is a 1992 drama film written and directed by Magdalena Lazarkiewicz and Piotr Lazarkiewicz.
- read more about The Departure
- "Departure" is a 1986 Australian film directed by Brian Kavanagh.
- "Departure" is a 1981 short film directed by Dominique Loreau and Phil Simon.
- "Departure" is a film, directed by Manel Guay Montserrat.
- country: Canada
- genre: Animation
- released in
- "Departure" is a 2001 film directed by Nakagawa Yosuke.
Phrases with Departure
Phrases starting with the word Departure:
Phrases ending with the word Departure:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Departure
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Hear Then the Parable (1989)
A Commentary on the Parables of Jesus by Bernard Brandon Scott
The master's departure is the occasion of a test for the servant.
This metaphorical network involves a double motion: the departure is a test, the return is an accounting.
authenticity is that its investment of the metaphorical structure — "the master's departure is an occasion for a test" — coheres with Jesus' other parables.
by Andrew Lodder
The first departure is the broadening of the category of rightsbased enrichment to reach the release of an obligation. As will be shown in chapter five, 14 the release of an obligation is an enrichment specifically reversed by subrogation, which ...
ENCYCLOPAEDIA BRITANNICA; Or, A DICTIONARY of Arts and Sciences, Compiled Upon a New Plan. In Wich the Different Science and Arts are Digested Into Distinct Treatises Or Systems; and The Various Technical Terms, ... are Explained as They Occur in the Order of the Alphabet. Illustrated with One Hundred and Sixty Copperplates, by a Society of Gentlemen in Scotland. IN THREE VOLUMES. Edinburgh: Printed for A. Bell and C. Macfarquhar; and Fold by Colin Macfarquhar, at this Printing-office, Nicolson Street. M.D.CC.LXXI. (1771)
greater than 45 degrees, and so the difference of latitude will be greater than the departure; but if the course be greater than 4...
The method of working every case which occurs in navigation, is to make the instrument fimilar to that ideal triangle which is composed of the difference of slatitude, departure, and distance; or, to that composed of the meridional difference of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Departure
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Departure
Click on an item to view that photo:
A train departs from Roding Valley towards Chigwell, on a Woodford-Hainault shuttle.
Photo credit: Mike Knell
Photo credit: daniel.demonceau
Shinagawa st. Tokyo Japan
Photo credit: OiMax
Photo credit: Aurélien Breeden
Photo credit: Billy Rowlinson
Photo credit: henribergius
Leica MP Summilux 50mm
Photo credit: tallkev
Photo credit: Graham Ó Síodhacháin
Photo credit: Velo Steve
Project 365 - 269
Flying out to Melbourne for a developer conference
Photo credit: JuditK
Back in NYC
Photo credit: paultom2104
Photo credit: Alan Miles NYC
Photo credit: Antiporda Photography
Photo credit: Jan Tik
Photo credit: Alizarin Krimson
Photo credit: frankieleon
- Vietnam Arrival Departure declaration card back
Photo credit: preetamrai
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Departure
Click on an item to play that video:
- Departure Meaning
Video shows what departure means. The act of departing or something that has departed.. A deviation from a plan or procedure.. A death.. departure synonyms: ...
- Highlights MVP Phoenix vs First Departure Game 3- ESL One at New York Super Week
- Highlights First Departure vs MVP Phoenix Game 2- ESL One at New York Super Week
- Highlights First Departure vs MVP Phoenix - ESL One at New York Super Week
- ESL One New York 2015 SEA Quali First Departure vs Kingdom- game 1
buy games on G2A...
- ESL One New York 2015 SEA Quali First Departure vs Kingdom- game 2
buy games on G2A...
- Language Of Landscape - Contemplating Departure In Wake Of Clear Light
Language Of Landscape - Memories Fade Under A Shallow Autumn Snow - 2010.
- ESL One.SEA Qualifier | Kingdom vs First Departure (game1)
- Match 9' | ESL One.SEA | Kingdom vs First Departure (game1)
- University of Limerick Language Centre - Students singing and dancing at a departure reception.
Singing and dancing at a departure reception. Galician teachers, IFAG students, Italian students and many more ULLC students enjoying themselves.
- Jesse McCartney - Body Language Live- Departure Recharged
Jesse McCartney - Body Language Live- Departure Recharged.
See also the pronunciation examples of Departure!
Quotes about Departure
Scrabble value of D2E1P3A1R1T1U1R1E1
The value of this 9-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DEPARTURE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Departure!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Departure to see it in context!