Detail appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- "Detail a termite!" Tim retaliated.
- Animal loots foliated detail of stool lamina.
- No Women’s Lib regrets affiliated a detail if faster gerbils Nemo won.
Usage statistics for the noun detail:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun detail
- Definition of the verb detail
- Phrases with Detail
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Detail
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Detail
- Usage statistics about detail
- Photos about Detail
- Video language resources about Detail
- Sign language
- Quotes about Detail
- Scrabble value of D2E1T1A1I1L1
- Anagrams of DETAIL
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun detail
What does detail mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: details
- an isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole
- example: several of the details are similar
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonyms of detail: item / point
- more generic word: fact = a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred
- more specific terms:
- minutia = a small or minor detail
- nooks and crannies / nook and cranny = something remote
- respect / regard = a detail or point
- sticking point = a point at which an impasse arises in progress toward an agreement or a goal
- triviality / trifle = a detail that is considered insignificant
- technicality = a specific detail in a set of rules or terms belonging to a particular field
- a small part that can be considered separately from the whole
- example: it was perfect in all details
- lexical domain: Relations - nouns denoting relations between people or things or ideas
- synonyms of detail: item / particular
- more generic terms: component / component part / constituent / part / portion = something determined in relation to something that includes it
- more specific terms: high spot / highlight = the most interesting or memorable part
- extended treatment of particulars
- a crew of workers selected for a particular task
- a temporary military unit
- domain: armed forces / armed services / military / military machine / war machine
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- synonym of detail: contingent
- more generic terms: force / military force / military group / military unit = a unit that is part of some military service
Alternative definition of the noun detail
- [countable] Something small enough to escape casual notice.
- [uncountable] A profusion of details.
- synonym: particulars
- Something considered trivial enough to ignore.
- [countable] A person's name, address and other personal information.
- [military] A temporary unit or assignment.
Definition of the verb detail
What does detail mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: detailed | detailing | details
- provide details for
- assign to a specific task
Alternative definition of the verb detail
- [transitive] to explain in detail
- synonym: specify
- [transitive] (US (?)) to clean carefully (particularly a car)
- synonym: detach
- [transitive][military] to assign to a particular task
Who is Detail?
Detail a.k.a. Noel "Detail" Fisher: Noel Fisher, professionally known as Detail, is an American music producer and recording artist from Detroit, Michigan.
- read more about Noel "Detail" Fisher
"Detail" is a 2004 short film directed by Avi Mograbi.
DETAIL is the international professional journal for architecture and construction details produced by Detail publishers. Each issue deals with a specific aspect of building, such as concrete construction, roof structures or refurbishment, whereby emphasis is placed on the quality of the building details. Up-to-date examples are selected from schemes around the world, and these are illustrated with plans and details drawn to a consistent scale as well as with photographs. The journal focuses on the depiction of new developments in the form of descriptive texts, constructional drawings and photos. The target group comprises above all architects, engineers and other specialists from the field of construction.
Phrases with Detail
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Detail
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Christine Dugan
A supporting detail is what helps prove the main idea. The first chapter is called A Field Trip. The main idea is that a class went on afield trip to a fire station. A supporting detail is that the class met firefighters and learned about fire engines.
by Hillary Moses Daluz
The latent print examiner compares the first-, second-, and third-level detail of the latent with the known print without the imposition of bias (Figure 16.1). First-level detail refers to the overall flow of the ridges, pattern type, and the position of the ...
The Gospel of Luke (1991)
by Luke Timothy Johnson
The second detail is that the questions concerning Jesus, messiahship and sonship are separated rather than combined (as in the parallels). There is ...
Detail is the mass of individual features, points and items of which something consists, that can be noticed when it is...
A detail is a small section of a painting reproduced separately and usually enlarged. o- verb: details, detailing, ...
The Brickbuilder (1910)
as a result there is no work in the world so crudely, barbarously detailed as American work. The final reason for crude detail is the s mistaken idea that big things are impressive, indicate strength and power, and show breadth of conception.
Know Doubt (2014)
Embracing Uncertainty in Your Faith by John Ortberg
v This detail is a very deliberate part of the story — here's why . These were the Philistines — Israel's enemies . There out on top, don't be deceived . That was first-day ...
A Library of Universal Knowledge and an Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language ...
DETAIL, v. dé-tdl' [F. détail, a detail; détaille'r, to divide, to piecemeal—from F. dé, L. de, fully: F. tailler, to cut]: to give particulars, to relate minutely or distinctly; in mat, to appoint men for certain temporary duties: N. dé'tdl, a minute or particular ...
The Century Dictionary (1914)
An Encyclopedic Lexicon of the English Language
g * See detail sketch A (Figure 7). c Hand-lever operating drags a which act on ground in landing. e Small hand-lever for spark control. /Small hand-lever for ...
Containing Over 2,000 References and 500 Illustrations by Walter E. Woodbury
A small stop gives greater detail in the shadows, sending the light rays more directly, or in straighter line, through the screen. 3d. The larger stops allow the light to spread, and so have relatively a greater influence in filling up the high lights.
by Simon Tolson
Typical detail A drawing or other description of an area of work, which is repeated at many locations in the project. Such details may be produced during RIBA Outline ...
Flip Dictionary (2002)
by Barbara Kipfer
insular, isolated, neutral, remote, removed, unbiased, unconcerned, unconnected, uninvolved, withdrawn detached and unbiased: objective detachedly analytical: clinical detachment: coolness, detail, disinterest, division, indifference, patrol, ...
A Guide to the Language of Engineering by Ron Hanifan
Detail Drawing A detail drawing provides the complete ...
Dobrzhinksy: Yevgeniy Narkisovitch to Egypt: Libraries in by Allen Kent, Harold Lancour
The term detail cards is used to identify a particular application of punched cards in an information system. In any information system environment there are standard files containing information relating to the environment and there are random ...
by Henry Kellerman
□ W—a percept that refers to the entire ink blot insofar as the subject sees the entire blot as the particular object itself, rather than seeing only a detail, or part of the blot as an object. A reasonable ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Detail
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about detail
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Usage statistics for the noun detail:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun detail:
Photos about Detail
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: ornello_pics
Photo credit: kalleboo
Photo credit: kudumomo
Reflecting the sunset...
Photo credit: Poldavo (Alex)
Photo credit: Last Hero
Photo credit: angrykarl
- Erik detail.
Photo credit: Arturo Espinosa
- Istanbul -- Hagia Sophia -- detail
Photo credit: bitmask
- Reflector Detail
Photo credit: XoMEoX
- Home detail
Photo: Fabio Penna...
Photo credit: Fabio Sola Penna
- Singer detail
Photo credit: koudy-vw
- Mushroom detail
Photo credit: pheezy
- Mural Detail
Photo credit: Steve Snodgrass
- Detail (inverted), The Ambassadors - Holbein
Photo credit: danbri
- Building detail
Photo credit: renaissancechambara
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Detail
Click on an item to play that video:
- Wordcount in mapreduce with detail explanation
Wordcount in mapreduce with detail explanation and also explained about Input Formats in mapreduce.
- Detail Explanation of Air Brake Supply Circuit with Animation
- Aggregator transformation in informatica detail explanation by Manish
Aggregator transformation in informatica detail explanation by Manish.
- Detail Meaning
Video shows what detail means. Something small enough to escape casual notice.. A profusion of details.. Something considered trivial enough to ignore.. detail ...
- Detail Explanation of Open Die Forging
In open-die forging, a hammer strikes and deforms the workpiece, which is placed on a stationary anvil. Open-die forging gets its name from the fact that the dies ...
- Detail Explanation of Press Release made on Halaal Certification - 11.03.2013
- Definition of a Auto Detail
STOP using the term AUTO DETAIL & CARWASH and thinking they're the same. THERE NOT!!
- Detail Explanation and Question Word Song!
Short Video to explain what a detail is and defining "wh" question words with a song!
- Sitting Form - Lesson 2 - detail explanation
- Detail Explanation of Press Release made on Halaal Certification - 11.March.2013
- Detail Explanation of Air Brake Primary Circuit with Animation
- Best Official Review of Rowing Machine detail explanation of all the parts 2
- Detail Explanation of Air Brake Secondary Circuit with Animation
- Chairside Detail Explanation
A detailed explanation of LSK121 Chairside Shade Tab System called "Season of Life". This product is geared towards dentist and dental labs in color selection ...
- Arch Bridge detail Explanation.....
- Sitting Form - Lesson 1 - detail explanation
- Detail explanation on the 5 tips to get rid of cellulite for good
- Unlimited Detail Technology Explanation Video
Infinite geometry 3D technology explanation video from the...
- Detail Explanation of SB 1 1 13 16 & 1 1 19 22
- Social Retail Detail Explanation
- D flop detail description
Detailed description of d flop and its functionality.
- CCTV & DVR store in TECH FAIR, detail description
Camera Type: Dome, IR Dome, IR Bullet, IP (Dome & Bullet), PTZ, PoE, BOX, Wide Angle, 360 Degree, Vehicle, Pinhole.. Resolution TVL: 600TVL to 1200 TVL, ...
- Different Types of bearing With Detail Description
In this video various types of bearing had been described with different types of mounting. Though m a beginner, so need a lot to improve.So guys please give ur ...
- LED Desk Lamp Light EYE protect touchable dimmable function most detail description
This video introduce Yifond Lighting company led desk lamp eye-protection, with touchable function, dimmable function, no flicker, 5W super brightness, soft ...
- Detail Description And Consequences Of President Rule
President rule is Governor taking Control over the state, Governor will take decisions but final decision will be taken by the Central Govt. This is the second time ...
- Product Detail description
- Frankfurt / Germany Airport - detail description later
- Detail Description of Dargah Ashiq Allah By Sh Munna Ansari Khaas Khadim to Baba Hazrat Akbar Shah
- Custom HTML copy paiste into Product Detail Description
Custom HTML copy paiste into Product Detail Description.
- Frankfurt / Germany Airport - detail description later
View more videos about In detail.
See also the pronunciation examples of Detail!
Baby Sign Language- Learn to Teach Your Baby in Detail
Quotes about Detail
Scrabble value of D2E1T1A1I1L1
The value of this 6-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DETAIL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Detail!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Detail to see it in context!