On this page:
- Definition of the noun deuce
- Phrases with Deuce
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Deuce
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Deuce
- Photos about Deuce
- Video language resources about Deuce
- Scrabble value of D2E1U1C3E1
- Anagrams of DEUCE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun deuce
What does deuce mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: deuces
- a tie in tennis or table tennis that requires winning two successive points to win the game
- the cardinal number that is the sum of one and one or a numeral representing this number
- lexical domain: Quantities - nouns denoting quantities and units of measure
- synonyms of deuce: 2 / II / two
- more generic words: digit / figure = one of the elements that collectively form a system of numeration
- more specific terms:
- a word used in exclamations of confusion
- one of the four playing cards in a deck that have two spots
Alternative definition of the noun deuce
- [cards] A card with two spots, one of four in a standard deck of playing cards.
- [context: dice] A side of a die with two spots.
- [context: dice] A cast of dice totalling two.
- The number two.
- [tennis] A tie, both players have the same number of points and one can win by scoring two additional points.
- [baseball] A curveball
- (custom cars) A '32 Ford in plural, 2-barrel (twin-choke) carburetors (in the term 3 deuces, an arrangement on a common intake manifold).
- [context: epithet] The Devil, used in exclamations of confusion or anger
Specialised definition of the noun deuce
Glossary of sports
in tennis, badminton and other racket sports, a situation in which a player must score two successive points to win after the score is tied (2006. Dictionary of Sport and Exercise Science. A&C Black Publishers Ltd)
tied score in tennis. (Herbert Haag & Gerald Haag. 2003. Dictionary. Sport, Physical Education, Sport Science. Kiel, Institut für Sport und Sportwissenschaften)
Glossary of sports / bowling
a 200 game
- synonym: CC
Glossary of sports / golf
a hole made in two strokes
Glossary of sports / tennis
the score of forty-forty, where a player must win two successive points to win the game (from the French à deux de jeu meaning 'at two to play') (2005. Chambers Sports Factfinder. Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd)
- Deuce a.k.a. Jimmy Reiher, Jr.: James William Reiher, Jr. is an American professional wrestler. He is best known for his time in World Wrestling Entertainment under the ring names Sim Snuka and Deuce between 2007 and 2009.
- read more about Jimmy Reiher, Jr.
- Deuce: Aron Erlichman, better known by his stage name Deuce, is a Jewish-American music producer, singer-songwriter, and rapper. Brought to fame as a producer, singer-songwriter and one of the founding members of rap rock band Hollywood Undead, Deuce has since moved on to solo work through the label "Five Seven Music", a branch of Eleven Seven Music. He is also involved in a movement with fellow rapper Truth called "Nine Lives". Deuce released his debut album of the same name on April 24, 2012, which sold 11,425 copies in its first week. Deuce has also collaborated with artists Marc Bosserman, BrokeNCYDE and Blood on the Dance Floor in the past.
- also known as Aron Erlichman, Tha Producer
- born on (32 years ago) in Los Angeles
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Musician, songwriter, record producer, singer, producer
- member of musical group Hollywood Undead (Vocals) between and (4 years)
- genres: Hip hop music, Dance music, Rock music, Post-hardcore, Rap music, Rap rock, Rapcore, Rap metal, Nu metal, Crunkcore
- albums: "The Call Me Big Deuce EP", "The Two Thousand Eight EP", "Nine Lives", "Aron", "Deuce Remixxxed", "Fallen Stone"
- official website: www.deucela.com
- Deuce were a British pop group that found moderate success in the mid-1990s. A two male, two female quartet, they released four Top 30 singles in the UK charts during 1995 and 1996, before splitting up in 1997.
- member of musical group Child Liners
- genres: Pop music, Eurodance, Dance-pop
- albums: "Call It Love", "On the Bible", "On the Loose!", "I Need You"
- Deuce a.k.a. Constantine Maroulis: Constantine James Maroulis is an American actor and rock singer from Wyckoff, New Jersey. He was the sixth-place finalist on the fourth season of the reality television series American Idol, and received a nomination for the Tony Award for Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Musical for his role in Rock of Ages. He starred in the title role in Jekyll and Hyde on Broadway, for which he received a Drama League Award Nomination for a Distinguished Performance Award.
- read more about Constantine Maroulis
- Deuce a.k.a. Antone Smith is an American football running back for the Atlanta Falcons of the National Football League. He was signed by the Detroit Lions as an undrafted free agent in 2009. He played college football at Florida State.
- read more about Antone Smith
- Deuce a.k.a. Shaun Ricker is an American professional wrestler who was previously signed to WWE under the NXT brand. Ricker worked on the independent circuit since making his debut in 2003, arguably his greatest success thus far was in 2013 having Heavyweight Championship reigns with 2 separate promotions and appearing as a cast member on the TNT reality series competition, The Hero, hosted by Dwayne Johnson.
- read more about Shaun Ricker
- Deuce a.k.a. Deuce Lutui: Taitusi "Deuce" Lutui is a Tongan-born former American football player who was a guard in the National Football League for seven seasons. He played college football for the University of Southern California, and received consensus All-American honors. He was selected by the Arizona Cardinals in the second round of the 2006 NFL Draft, and also played for the NFL's Tennessee Titans. One of several Tongans who have played in the NFL, he is a cousin of Vai Sikahema, the first Tongan ever to play in the NFL.
- read more about Deuce Lutui
- Deuce a.k.a. Marcus Thornton: Marcus J. Thornton is an American college basketball player. He is a 6' 8" small/power forward. Thornton is considered one of the top high school seniors in the class of 2010, earning both Parade Magazine All-American and ESPN RISE All-American honors, along with being named Mr. Georgia Basketball from both the Atlanta TipOff Club and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
- read more about Marcus Thornton
- Deuce a.k.a. Deuce Bello is a basketball player who plays for the Baylor Bears men's basketball.
- read more about Deuce Bello
- Deuce a.k.a. Dyshawn Mobley is an American Football running back for the Kentucky Wildcats.
- read more about Dyshawn Mobley
- Deuce is a musician, musical artist.
- born in (35 years ago)
- read more about Deuce (musical artist)
- Deuce a.k.a. Allen Iverson II is the son of Allen Iverson and Tawanna Turner.
- read more about Allen Iverson II
Deuce is a musical group.
- Marty Friedman between and (3 years)
- album: "Deuce"
Deuce is a record label.
- Deuce is a fictional character from Don't Fade Away.
- Deuce is a fictional character from the 2011 filmThe Debt Collector.
- Deuce is a fictional character from the 1994 film Drop Zone.
- Deuce is a fictional character from the 1998 film Babylon 5: Thirdspace.
- Deuce is a fictional character from the 2003 film Malibu's Most Wanted.
- Deuce is a fictional film character.
- "Deuce" is a play by Terrence McNally which ran on Broadway in 2007.
- "Deuce" is a book by Ralph Kimball.
"Deuce" is the second DVD by the American Nu Metal band, Korn. It was released on June 11, 2002 - the same day as the band's fifth studio release, Untouchables. The DVD was certified platinum by the RIAA. The DVD includes the band's first home video Who Then Now? and features the music video collection from Korn to Issues. Other extras include biographies of each band member, gags, behind-the-scenes of the music videos or live concerts, and various other things.
- director: Nathan Cox
- genres: Music, Documentary film
- released on (13 years ago)
"Deuce" is a painting (oil paint) by Stuart Davis, begun in (62 years ago).
- media: oil paint
- "Deuce" is a song by the American hard rock band Kiss. Written by bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons the song appeared on Kiss' eponymous 1974 debut album. In addition to being one of the band's most popular and most-covered songs, "Deuce" is a traditional concert opener. The song has been performed on almost every tour to date, and has appeared on many Kiss live and compilation albums.
- also known as Deuce (live)
- music and lyrics by Gene Simmons
- "Deuce" is the second solo album by Rory Gallagher, released in 1971. In contrast with his previous album, Rory Gallagher, where Gallagher tried for a precise, organised sound, Deuce was his first of many attempts to capture the energy of a live performance in the studio.
- "Deuce" is rapper Kurtis Blow's second album, released in 1981. It peaked at #35 on the R&B charts, and #137 on the Billboard 200.
- genre: Old-school hip hop
- released on (34 years ago)
- "Deuce" is the third studio album by West Coast Dallas rapper The D.O.C., and the second since the car accident which severely damaged his larynx. The only single released from Deuce was "The Shit", which features fellow former-N.W.A. members MC Ren and Ice Cube, along with Snoop Dogg and Six-Two.
- "Deuce" is the second album released by the band Beautiful Creatures. It was released in 2005 under the Spitfire label.
- "Deuce" is a musical album of Black Nasa.
- released in (12 years ago)
- "Deuce" is a musical album of Keith Norris.
- released on (12 years ago)
- "Deuce" is a musical single of The 69 Eyes.
- released in (22 years ago)
- "Deuce" is a musical album of PRKLZ.
- released in (21 years ago)
- "Deuce" is a musical album of Deuce.
- released in (19 years ago)
- "Deuce" is a musical album of Mazzey.
- "Deuce" is a musical album of Drop a Line.
- "Deuce" is a 2002 video album by Korn.
- released on (13 years ago)
Deuce is a 2007 theater production of the play by Terrence McNally.
- award: - Tony Award for Best Actress in a Play nomination for Angela Lansbury
Phrases with Deuce
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Deuce
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Deuce is a sport term ...
by Diagram Group
advantage The first point served after deuce. deuce The score after each player has scored three points (40–all). Deuce is also the score of any tied result after 40–all in the same ...
by Julia Cresswell
by Jonathon Green
deuce n.1 ( also deucie, duce) 1 [16C+] 2, a pair (of objects and occas. individuals).
by John Ayto
deuce informal a (or the) deuce of a — something Very bad or difficult of its kind. 1933 John Galsworthy The End ofthe Chapter It seems ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Deuce
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Deuce
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: admiralzing
- DEUCE SEVEN
Photo credit: FunGi_ (Trading)
- Wild Deuce 2017-770
Photo credit: ExpatTexan
- Wild Deuce 2017-768
Photo credit: ExpatTexan
- Wild Deuce 2017-769
Photo credit: ExpatTexan
- Deuce drinking
Deuce always takes a deep drink after he eats. It's fascinating to watch! He buries his whole face in the water and sucks it up!
Photo credit: bcgrote
- Wild Deuce 2017-748
Photo credit: ExpatTexan
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Deuce
Click on an item to play that video:
- Racing Term #1 "Ace Deuce" of Frankie Lovato's 365 Days of Terminology
- Deuce Meaning
Video shows what deuce means. A card with two spots, one of four in a standard deck of playing cards.. A side of a die with two spots.. A cast of dice totalling ...
- Deuce singing in foreign language!
Without any prompting or any books, video or music...he's able to sign in various random languages...he has sang Chinese, Russian and others...only 5 years ...
View more videos about Deuce Coupe.
See also the pronunciation examples of Deuce!
Scrabble value of D2E1U1C3E1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DEUCE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Deuce!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Deuce to see it in context!