Dial appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Laid on no dial.
- Dial (or tap) Pup Patrol aid.
- Tess laid a sanitary rat in as a dial’s set.
On this page:
- Definition of the noun dial
- Definition of the verb dial
- Phrases with Dial
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Dial
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Dial
- Photos about Dial
- Videos about Dial
- Quotes about Dial
- Scrabble value of D2I1A1L1
- Anagrams of DIAL
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun dial
What does dial mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: dials
- the face of a timepiece; graduated to show the hours
- the control on a radio or television set that is used for tuning
- the circular graduated indicator on various measuring instruments
- a disc on a telephone that is rotated a fixed distance for each number called
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonym of dial: telephone dial
- more generic terms: selector / selector switch = a switch that is used to select among alternatives
- part of: dial phone / dial telephone = a telephone with a dial for registering the number to be called
- part: finger hole = a hole for inserting a finger
Alternative definition of the noun dial
- A graduated, circular scale over which a needle moves to show a measurement (such as speed).
- A clock face.
- A sundial.
- A panel on a radio etc showing wavelengths or channels; a knob that is turned to change the wavelength etc.
- A disk with finger holes on a telephone; used to select the number to be called.
- [British] (old-fashioned) A person's face.
Definition of the verb dial
What does dial mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: dialled, dialling
- operate a dial to select a telephone number
- choose by means of a dial
Alternative definition of the verb dial
- [transitive] To measure or indicate something with a dial.
- [transitive] To control or select something with a dial
- [transitive] To select a number, or to call someone, on a telephone.
- [intransitive] To use a dial or a telephone.
- Dial est une marque de savon américaine.
- official website: www.henkelna.com
- Dial is a publisher, consumer company.
- Dial is a record label.
- Dial is a progressive rock band based in the Netherlands.
- Dial is a musical group.
- album: "168k"
- DIAL is a New Zealand hardcore musical group.
- album: "DIAL"
Dial is a fictional character from the 1993 film Free Willy.
- "Dial" is a musical album of Buena fe.
- released in
- "DIAL" is a musical EP of DIAL.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Dial" is a musical EP of Tobias Freund.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Dial" a.k.a. "Dial." is a composition.
Dial a.k.a. Dial, West Virginia: Dial is an unincorporated community in Kanawha County, West Virginia.
- read more about Dial, West Virginia
Dial: A dial is generally a flat surface, circular or rectangular, with numbers or similar markings on it, used for displaying the setting or output of a timepiece, radio, clock, watch, or measuring instrument. There are many instruments used in scientific and industrial applications that use dials with pointers as indicators of a specific physical property. Typical examples include pressure and vacuum gages, fluid-level gages, voltmeters and ammeters, thermometers and hygrometers, speedometers and tachometers, and indicators.
Phrases with Dial
Phrases starting with the word Dial:
Phrases ending with the word Dial:
- Butt dial
- Tide Dial
- clock dial
- Drunk Dial
- Speed dial
- radium dial
- Rotary dial
- telephone dial
- Noble False Dial
- Exquisite False Dial
- Exquisite False-Dial
View more phrases with the word Dial in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Dial
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Samantha Peale
”—Kate Christensen Emma Dial is a virtuoso painter who executes the works of Michael Freiburg, a preeminent figure in the New York art world.
by Dante Sarigumba, Robert Kao, William Petz, Timothy Calabro
Speed dial is a convenient feature on any phone because it lets you call a number by pressing just one key. And after you get used to having it on a phone system, it's hard not to use it on other phones, including your BlackBerry phone.
by Martin Weik
Note: The term “dial” is used to designate or refer to all calling devices, such as mechanical keyboards, pushbutton keyboards, touch keyboards, and switch panels, that generate signals used for establishing connections. See also calling ...
by Peter Dendle
Dial. “Z”. for. Zombies. (Episode, The Simpsons). Creator: Matt Groening. Story Editors: Bill Oakley, Josh Weinstein, Dan McGrath. Voices: Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardly Smith, Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer.
by Rudolf F. Graf
diagnostics — dial tone Symbol. 2'02— l Junctions. Characteristic. Disc. diagnostica— 1. Information on what tests a device failed and how they were failed, used to aid in troubleshooting. 2. An output from a tool, indicating software ...
by Eddie Martin
Data Communications; Data Parity; Data Transmission; Datacoms; Dedicated Line; Dial In; Dial Up; Digerati; Digital; Digital Subscriber Line; Direct Connection; DSL; Duplex Transmission; FDDI; Fibre Distributed Data Interface; Fibre Optics; ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Dial
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Dial
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Dial
Click on an item to play that video:
- DSLR Mode Dial Explanation
- What is Dial Plan, a Full Explanation on Advanced Telecommunication Opportunities
You can get to know what a Dial Plan is and how can you configurate and use it with your Ozeki Phone System XE. Open this page: ...
- Walgreens dial deal explanation
- Dr. Proctor introduces Dial up coach(dialect coach)
See also the pronunciation examples of Dial!
Quotes about Dial
Scrabble value of D2I1A1L1
The value of this 4-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DIAL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Dial!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Dial to see it in context!