The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Comparison of usage frequency between the adjective diligent and its most common antonym:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective diligent
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Diligent
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Diligent
- Photos about Diligent
- Video language resources about Diligent
- Quotes about Diligent
- Scrabble value of D2I1L1I1G2E1N1T1
- Anagrams of DILIGENT
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective diligent
What does diligent mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more diligent / most diligent
- quietly and steadily persevering especially in detail or exactness
- characterized by care and perseverance in carrying out tasks
Alternative definition of the adjective diligent
- Performing with intense concentration, focus, responsible regard.
Definition of the adjective diligent for high school students
- showing care in doing one's work
- example: The diligent researcher made sure to check her measurements multiple times.
The adjective diligent is considered to be a word that all college-aspiring students should know and understand, so it frequently appears on the SAT, ACT and other college admissions tests.
- Diligent: Constant in effort to accomplish something; attentive and persistent.
- Diligent is a breed temperament.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Diligent
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Forms and Precedents for Pleading and Practice, at Common Law, in Equity, and Under the Various Codes and Practice Acts (1902)
by William Henry Michael, William Mack, Howard Pervear Nash, Thomas Edward O'Brien, James Cockcroft
although diligent effort to find him and serve upon him the said summons has been made; that tne said defendant's post-office address is Northport, New York, and sa:d defendant's residence is Northport, New York (or that the said plaintiff is ...
With Topical Index by W. E. Vine, Merrill Unger
DILIGENCE, DILIGENT, DILIGENTLY A. Nouns. 1. ergasia (2039), (a) lit., “a working” (akin to ergon, “work”), is indicative of a process, in contrast to the concrete, ergon, e.g., Eph. 4:19, lit., “unto a working” (RV marg., “to make a trade of”); ...
2,856 Words You Must Know by Mark Phillips
diaphanous–diligent. diaphanous (dī-AF-ә-nәs) adj. To describe something ( clothing, for example) as diaphanous is to say that it's very sheer and light; it's transparent, flimsy, gauzy, airy, wispy, etc. In 1890s Paris, American dancer Loie Fuller ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Diligent
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Diligent
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Diligent
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Diligent!
Quotes about Diligent
Scrabble value of D2I1L1I1G2E1N1T1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine