On this page:
Definition of the noun dinocerata
What does dinocerata mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- small order of primitive ungulates of the Paleocene and Eocene
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonym of Dinocerata: order Dinocerata
- more generic term: animal order = the order of animals
- member of: Ungulata = in former classifications a major division of Mammalia comprising all hoofed mammals
- member: family Uintatheriidae / Uintatheriidae = an extinct family of Dinocerata
Phrases with Dinocerata
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Dinocerata
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Elizabeth Owen, Eve Daintith
the uintatheres (Dinocerata), and the xenungulates (Xe- nungulata ). Fossil remains of Pantodonts have been discovered in Asia, North America, ...
A Dictionary of Zoology (2014)
by Michael Allaby
An order of large, archaic, and predominantly American ungulates comprising the four distinct suborders *Pantodonta, *Dinocerata, *Xenungulata, and *Pyrotheria. The name ...
Collier's New Encyclopedia (1921)
A Loose-leaf and Self-revising Reference Work ... with 515 Illustrations and Ninety-six Maps
DINOCERATA, an order of mammalia having on each of the four feet five welldeveloped toes, each terminated by a hoof. Three horn cores. No u per incisors; upper canines assuming t e form of long tusks directed downward. The s ecies are ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Dinocerata
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of D2I1N1O1C3E1R1A1T1A1
The value of this 10-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DINOCERATA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Dinocerata!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Dinocerata to find many related words and phrases!