|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun disarray
What does disarray mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: disarrays
- a mental state characterized by a lack of clear and orderly thought and behavior
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonyms of disarray: confusedness / confusion / mental confusion / muddiness
- more generic terms: cognitive state / state of mind = the state of a person's cognitive processes
- more specific terms:
- disorientation = confusion (usually transient) about where you are and how to proceed
- distraction = mental turmoil
- daze / haze / fog = confusion characterized by lack of clarity
- half-cock = confusion resulting from lack of preparation
- jamais vu = the experience of being unfamiliar with a person or situation that is actually very familiar
- mystification / befuddlement / bewilderment / obfuscation / bafflement / bemusement / puzzlement = confusion resulting from failure to understand
- perplexity = trouble or confusion resulting from complexity
- untidiness (especially of clothing and appearance)
Alternative definition of the noun disarray
- Want of array or regular order; disorder; confusion.
- Confused attire; undress; dishabille.
Definition of the verb disarray
What does disarray mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: disarrayed | disarraying | disarrays
- bring disorder to
- lexical domain: Change - verbs of size, temperature change, intensifying, etc.
- synonym of disarray: disorder
- more generic words: alter / change / modify = cause to change; make different
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the verb disarray
- To throw into disorder; to break the array of.
- antonym: array
- To take off the dress of; to unrobe.
- Disarray is a musical group.
- albums: "A Lesson in Respect", "In the Face of the Enemy"
- Disarray is a musical group.
- album: "Disarray"
There are other groups with disarray in their name, like Blatant Disarray.
- "Disarray" is a musical single of Red Flag.
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Disarray" is a musical EP of Last Blush.
- "Disarray" is a musical album of Gooding.
- released in (16 years ago)
- "Disarray" is a musical EP of Disarray.
- released in (31 years ago)
- "Disarray" is a musical album of Solid State Logic & Solid State Logic.
- released on (8 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for disarray
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Collaborative Intelligence (2011)
Using Teams to Solve Hard Problems by J. Richard Hackman
Indeed, any time the balls go into the air and normal routines are thrown into disarray is an opening for some ad hoc team coaching.18 An extreme version of unpredictability, not uncommon in the intelligence community, occurs when all ...
Laughing Matter (1993)
An Essay on the Comic by Marcel Gutwirth
Mother's temporary disarray is a boon, a threat, and a victory to its tiny observer. It is a boon in the form of heightened attention to baby's person, dramatic confirmation of its importance for Mother — which is in fact the point of the game.
Totally Accessible MRI (2010)
A User's Guide to Principles, Technology, and Applications by E. Kanal, Michael L. Lipton
Organization, where each of your possessions is in its place, represents a high- energy configuration, and complete disarray is a low-energy configuration. The second law of thermodynamics tells us that things will tend to become disorganized ...
by Random House, Stephen Elliott
illness, turmoil 8 disarray, sickness 9 commotion, complaint. Ooniusion 10 affliction, disnprlon, dissenslon 11 disturbance 13 lndisposition, minor uprising 14 disarrangement ...
English-Cheyenne Dictionary (1915)
by Rodolphe Charles Petter
disarray (as if strewn about); totahopastoz , d.
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney ... rev. & enl. under the superintendence of Benjamin E. Smith (1911)
by William Dwight Whitney, Benjamin Eli Smith
disarray De arting found, Half disan'ay'd as to er rest, the girl. Tennyson, Geraint. The forest, disarray/ed By chill November. 0. W. Holmes, An Old Year Song. 2. To throw into disorder; rout, as troops. Great Amythaon, who with flery steeds Oft ...
confuse,derange, disease, flutter, garboil, illness, misrule, overset,quarrel 08brouhaha, confound, disarray,pellmell, shambles,sickness 09 commotion, complaint, condition, confusion, mistemper 10 affliction,disability, disarrange, discompose, ...
With 213 Tables by Florian Lang
Table 2 Major clinical manifestations of HCM and underlying pathophysiology Diastolic dysfunction Myocyte disarray, cellular energy deficit, and altered affinity of mutant sarcomeric proteins for calcium ions may impair calcium uptake and ...
Flip Dictionary (2002)
by Barbara Kipfer
DISARRAY - DISCONTENTED disarray: anarchy, chaos, confusion, disorder, mess, muddle, pandemonium, turmoil disarrayed: dishabille disassemble: disband, dismantle, rends, scatter, separate, undo disassemble weapon to clean: field ...
comprising the twofold advantage of a philosophical and an alphabetical arrangement, with appropriate engravings by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
DISARRAY. DISARM., DISA RM, v.~\ Din, and arm. Lat. arma ; Fr. Disa'rmer, > desarmer. See Arm. Disarming. J To strip off, deprive or divest of, the arms, — of that which may protect, strengthen or defend ; — of that which may offend, injure or ...
by Colin Wilson
Disarray. Time. Slips. and. Precognitions. The late Ivan T. Sanderson, the eminent naturalist and scientist, once had a curious experienceof Paris. Butit wasthe Paris notof today, but of fivecenturies ago; and, to make the story still ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for disarray
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about disarray
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: vivekn
Photo credit: thetejon
Samsung digimax a503
Photo credit: gEr_DaNnY
Photo credit: Sharon Mollerus
Photo credit: qnr
Photo credit: LeMast
Oklahoma River Regatta Festival, Oklahoma City, OK.
Photo credit: Kool Cats Photography over 4 Million Views
Photo credit: QuinnDombrowski
Photo credit: bumeister1
- Post festival disarray
A group of young festival goers trying to find a train home. Rock n' roll!
Photo credit: Street matt
- Subconscious Disarray
Photo credit: benjaflynn
- Backstage Disarray
Shoes backstage at Asbury Lanes
Photo credit: DanCentury
- Geese in Disarray
Photo credit: Son of Groucho
- Lovely Disarray for The Invitation Only Hunt
Photo credit: Evelyn Hartshon
- In their wake of disarray you fell in place
Photo credit: rottnapples
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of D2I1S1A1R1R1A1Y4
The value of this 8-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of disarray to see it in context!