Definition of disarray
What does disarray mean?
- a mental state characterized by a lack of clear and orderly thought and behavior
- synonyms of disarray: confusedness / confusion / mental confusion / muddiness
- more generic terms: cognitive state / state of mind = the state of a person's cognitive processes
- more specific terms:
- disorientation = confusion (usually transient) about where you are and how to proceed
- distraction = mental turmoil
- daze / haze / fog = confusion characterized by lack of clarity
- half-cock = confusion resulting from lack of preparation
- jamais vu = the experience of being unfamiliar with a person or situation that is actually very familiar
- mystification / befuddlement / bewilderment / obfuscation / bafflement / bemusement / puzzlement = confusion resulting from failure to understand
- perplexity = trouble or confusion resulting from complexity
- untidiness (especially of clothing and appearance)
- bring disorder to
- synonym of disarray: disorder
- more generic words: alter / change / modify = cause to change; make different
- more specific terms:
- Want of array or regular order; disorder; confusion.
- Confused attire; undress; dishabille.
- To throw into disorder; to break the array of.
- antonym: array
- To take off the dress of; to unrobe.
- Disarray is a musical group.
- albums: "A Lesson in Respect", "In the Face of the Enemy"
- Disarray is a musical group.
- album: "Disarray"
There are other groups with disarray in their name, like Blatant Disarray.
- "Disarray" is a musical single of Red Flag.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Disarray" is a musical EP of Last Blush.
- "Disarray" is a musical album of Gooding.
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Disarray" is a musical EP of Disarray.
- released in (30 years ago)
- "Disarray" is a musical album of Solid State Logic & Solid State Logic.
- released on (7 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for disarray
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Cardiac Care Unit Survival Guide (2012)
by Eyal Herzog
Myocardial fiber disarray is the pathognomonic abnormality. In normal individuals, myocytes are arranged in linear parallel arrays. In HCM with fiber disarray, ...
The Mammoth Encyclopedia of the Unsolved (2000)
by Colin Wilson, Damon Wilson
Disarray. Time. Slips. and. Rrecognitions. The late Ivan T. Sanderson, the eminent naturalist and scientist, once had a curious experience of Paris. But it was the Paris not of today, but of five centuries ago; and, to make the story ...
Encyclopedia of Molecular Mechanisms of Disease (2009)
With 213 Tables
Table 2 Major clinical manifestations of HCM and underlying pathophysiology Diastolic dysfunction Myocyte disarray, cellular energy deficit, and altered affinity of mutant sarcomeric proteins for calcium ions may impair calcium uptake and ...
Encyclopaedia metropolitana (1845)
or Universal dictionary of knowledge ... comprising the twofoldadvantage of a philosophical and an alphabetical arrangement, with appropriate engravings by Edward Smedley, Hugh James Rose, Henry John Rose
DISARRAY. DISARM. DISA RM, t>.~l Dis, and arm. Lat. arma ; Fr. Disa'kmer, > desarmer. See Arm. Disa'bmino. J To strip off, deprive or divest of, the arms, — of that which may protect, strengthen or defend j— of that which may offend, injure or ...
The People's Dictionary and Every-day Encyclopedia (1883)
Comprising All the Information Needed Upon Any Subject in Daily Use : a Hand-book for Everybody for Each Day in the Year
Disarray, v. t. To throw into disorder; to undress. — «. Want of order. Disaster, n. Mishap; calamity. Disastrous, a. Unlucky. Disavow, v. t. To disown. Disavowal, n.
Historical Dictionary of Mauritania (2008)
by Anthony G. Pazzanita
Further “off the books” spending by the regime threw the fiscal picture into further disarray. The post-August 2005 military regime headed by Col. Ely Ould Mohamed Vall, seeking to prevent 270 • INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for disarray
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about disarray
Click on an item to view that photo:
Well - four people were ready - others were more interested in snow wresting!
New Year Mountain Biking at Dales Bike Centre 2009
Photo credit: Menage a Moi
Moved the books to make way for the hole.
Photo credit: roundedbygravity
Photo credit: vivekn
Photo credit: thetejon
Samsung digimax a503
Photo credit: gEr_DaNnY
Photo credit: Sharon Mollerus
Photo credit: qnr
Photo credit: LeMast
Photo credit: QuinnDombrowski
Photo credit: bumeister1
Oklahoma River Regatta Festival, Oklahoma City, OK.
Photo credit: katsrcool (Kool Cats Photography) 1,000,000 + View
- Subconscious Disarray
Photo credit: benjaflynn
- State of Disarray
Photo credit: febuiles
- Geese in Disarray
Photo credit: Son of Groucho
- Lovely Disarray for The Invitation Only Hunt
Photo credit: Evelyn Hartshon
- Backstage Disarray
Shoes backstage at Asbury Lanes
Photo credit: DanCentury
- The cart in disarray
Photo credit: parker yo!
Scrabble value of D2I1S1A1R1R1A1Y4
The value of this 8-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of disarray to find many related words and phrases!