|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun disarray
What does disarray mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: disarrays
- a mental state characterized by a lack of clear and orderly thought and behavior
- lexical domain: Cognitive Processes - nouns denoting cognitive processes and contents
- synonyms of disarray: confusedness / confusion / mental confusion / muddiness
- more generic terms: cognitive state / state of mind = the state of a person's cognitive processes
- more specific terms:
- disorientation = confusion (usually transient) about where you are and how to proceed
- distraction = mental turmoil
- daze / haze / fog = confusion characterized by lack of clarity
- half-cock = confusion resulting from lack of preparation
- jamais vu = the experience of being unfamiliar with a person or situation that is actually very familiar
- mystification / befuddlement / bewilderment / obfuscation / bafflement / bemusement / puzzlement = confusion resulting from failure to understand
- perplexity = trouble or confusion resulting from complexity
- untidiness (especially of clothing and appearance)
Alternative definition of the noun disarray
- Want of array or regular order; disorder; confusion.
- Confused attire; undress; dishabille.
Definition of the verb disarray
What does disarray mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: disarrayed | disarraying | disarrays
- bring disorder to
- lexical domain: Change - verbs of size, temperature change, intensifying, etc.
- synonym of disarray: disorder
- more generic words: alter / change / modify = cause to change; make different
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the verb disarray
- To throw into disorder; to break the array of.
- antonym: array
- To take off the dress of; to unrobe.
- Disarray is a musical group.
- albums: "A Lesson in Respect", "In the Face of the Enemy"
- Disarray is a musical group.
- album: "Disarray"
There are other groups with disarray in their name, like Blatant Disarray.
- "Disarray" is a musical single of Red Flag.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Disarray" is a musical EP of Last Blush.
- "Disarray" is a musical album of Gooding.
- released in (15 years ago)
- "Disarray" is a musical EP of Disarray.
- released in (30 years ago)
- "Disarray" is a musical album of Solid State Logic & Solid State Logic.
- released on (7 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for disarray
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Eyal Herzog
Myocardial fiber disarray is the pathognomonic abnormality. In normal individuals, myocytes are arranged in linear parallel arrays. In HCM with fiber disarray, ...
English-Cheyenne Dictionary (1915)
by Rodolphe Charles Petter
disarray (as if strewn about); totahopastoz , d.
With 213 Tables by Florian Lang
Table 2 Major clinical manifestations of HCM and underlying pathophysiology Diastolic dysfunction Myocyte disarray, cellular energy deficit, and altered affinity of mutant sarcomeric proteins for calcium ions may impair calcium uptake and ...
comprising the twofold advantage of a philosophical and an alphabetical arrangement, with appropriate engravings by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
DISARRAY. DISARM., DISA RM, v.~\ Din, and arm. Lat. arma ; Fr. Disa'rmer, > desarmer. See Arm. Disarming. J To strip off, deprive or divest of, the arms, — of that which may protect, strengthen or defend ; — of that which may offend, injure or ...
Encyclopaedia metropolitana (1845)
or Universal dictionary of knowledge ... comprising the twofoldadvantage of a philosophical and an alphabetical arrangement, with appropriate engravings by Edward Smedley, Hugh James Rose, Henry John Rose
DISARRAY. DISARM. DISA RM, t>.~l Dis, and arm. Lat. arma ; Fr. Disa'kmer, > desarmer. See Arm. Disa'bmino. J To strip off, deprive or divest of, the arms, — of that which may protect, strengthen or defend j— of that which may offend, injure or ...
Encyclopedia of Cancer (2011)
by Manfred Schwab
Disarray of architecture can be found in melanoma. Keratinocyte cell borders can be readily detected in benign common nevi, show focal absence in dysplastic nevi, and are poorly defined or absent in melanoma. Dendrite-like structures with ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for disarray
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about disarray
Click on an item to view that photo:
Well - four people were ready - others were more interested in snow wresting!
New Year Mountain Biking at Dales Bike Centre 2009
Photo credit: Menage a Moi
Moved the books to make way for the hole.
Photo credit: roundedbygravity
Photo credit: vivekn
Photo credit: thetejon
Samsung digimax a503
Photo credit: gEr_DaNnY
Photo credit: Sharon Mollerus
Photo credit: qnr
Photo credit: bumeister1
Photo credit: LeMast
Photo credit: QuinnDombrowski
Oklahoma River Regatta Festival, Oklahoma City, OK.
Photo credit: Kool Cats Photography over 2 Million Views
- Subconscious Disarray
Photo credit: benjaflynn
- Post festival disarray
A group of young festival goers trying to find a train home. Rock n' roll!
Photo credit: Street matt
- In their wake of disarray you fell in place
Photo credit: rottnapples
- Backstage Disarray
Shoes backstage at Asbury Lanes
Photo credit: DanCentury
- Geese in Disarray
Photo credit: Son of Groucho
- Lovely Disarray for The Invitation Only Hunt
Photo credit: Evelyn Hartshon
- State of Disarray
Photo credit: febuiles
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of D2I1S1A1R1R1A1Y4
The value of this 8-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of disarray to see it in context!