The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun disintegration:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun disintegration
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Disintegration
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Disintegration
- Photos about Disintegration
- Video language resources about Disintegration
- Quotes about Disintegration
- Scrabble value of D2I1S1I1N1T1E1G2R1A1T1I1O1N1
- Anagrams of DISINTEGRATION
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun disintegration
What does disintegration mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: disintegrations
- in a decomposed state
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- synonym of disintegration: decomposition
- more generic word: decay = an inferior state resulting from the process of decaying
- more specific word: fragmentation = the disintegration of social norms governing behavior and thought and social relationships
- a loss (or serious disruption) of organization in some system
- separation into component parts
- lexical domain: Natural Processes - nouns denoting natural processes
- synonym of disintegration: dissolution
- more generic terms: action / activity / natural action / natural process = a process existing in or produced by nature
- more specific words:
- the spontaneous disintegration of a radioactive substance along with the emission of ionizing radiation
- lexical domain: Natural Processes - nouns denoting natural processes
- synonyms of disintegration: decay / radioactive decay
- more generic term: nuclear reaction = a process that alters the energy or structure or composition of atomic nuclei
- more specific terms:
- total destruction
- lexical domain: Natural Events - nouns denoting natural events
- synonym of disintegration: annihilation
- more generic words: demolition / destruction / wipeout = an event (or the result of an event) that completely destroys something
- more specific words: extermination / extinction = complete annihilation
Alternative definition of the noun disintegration
- A process by which anything disintegrates.
- The condition of anything which has disintegrated.
- [geology] A wearing away or falling to pieces of rocks or strata, produced by atmospheric action, frost, ice, etc.
- "Disintegration" is the eighth studio album by British alternative rock band The Cure, released on 2 May 1989 by Fiction Records. The record marks a return to the introspective and gloomy gothic rock style the band had established in the early 1980s. As he neared the age of thirty, vocalist and guitarist Robert Smith had felt an increased pressure to follow up on the group's pop successes with a more enduring work. This, coupled with a distaste for the group's newfound popularity, caused Smith to lapse back into the use of hallucinogenic drugs, the effects of which had a strong influence on the production of the album. The Cure recorded Disintegration at Hookend Recording Studios in Checkendon, Oxfordshire, with co-producer David M. Allen from late 1988 to early 1989. During production, founding member Lol Tolhurst was fired from the band.
- "Disintegration" is a compilation album by Japanese music production unit I've Sound and volume three in their Girls Compilation album series. It was released on June 26, 2002, compiling the songs they have produced for various PC games and CDs as well as some new tracks. The album features vocals by Eiko Shimamiya, Kotoko, Lia, Mell, Momo and Shiho.
- "Disintegration" is a composition.
- "Disintegration" is a musical single of Monarchy & Dita Von Teese.
- released on
- "Disintegration" is a musical album of Terra Sancta.
- released in (7 years ago)
"Disintegration" is a film, directed by Roger McLeod.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genres: Supernatural, Action Film, Thriller, Action/Adventure
- released in (8 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Disintegration
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Volume Two by RICHARD J. KOSCIEJEW
Similarly, if the table falls apart when a heavy object is placed on it, the event of its disintegration is a pat of the external world. One object external to and distinct from any given perceiver is any other perceiver. So, relative to one perceiver, ...
Posthuman Blues (2013)
Volume I (2003 - 2004) by Mac Tonnies
Columbia's disintegration is a profound loss that raises important questions about the future of our already tenuous manned presence in space.It could be argued that better technology could have prevented this setback; the shuttle program ...
Atomic Physics: 8th Edition (2013)
by Max Born
Radioactive disintegration is the prototype of an elementary process, which the ideas of classical physics are powerless to explain, but with which modern quantum theory is quite capable of dealing. We shall now cite a few more experiments, ...
by Rabi Bastia, M. Radhakrishna
Most conspicuous feature of the passive continental margins formed during the Gondwana disintegration is the presence of thick Mesozoic and Tertiary sedimentary deposits that were collected contemporaneously with steady-state ...
Proceedings of the Irvine Conference on Probability and Causation by B. Skyrms, W.L. Harper
= 1 If W is countable the disintegration means the following: After deleting from the kernel-matrix rows and columns which correspond to some set of probability 0, the rest decomposes into ...
It is important in our invention that the mechanism for inhibiting shale disintegration is the shielding of iron pyrites from oxygen in the water. While water hydration of other portions of the shale is inhibited by our protective coating , the main ...
by S.E. Stiegeler
granular disintegration dominant feldspar coarse-plutonic alkali feldspar granite alkali feldspar= plagioclase feldspar adamellite plagioclase feldspar granodiorite accessory minerals. With a decrease in the amount of quartz, granites pass ...
by Edward S. Neukrug
This section describes certain operational strategies and techniques that relational therapists may use to promote change and growth in individuals and in the group itself: combined individual–group psychotherapy, integration– disintegration, ...
by Mr. M.P. Kabra
Disintegration time: The time required for a tablet to break up into granules of specified size (or smaller), under carefully specified test ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Disintegration
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Disintegration
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: ideowl
Photo credit: Ryan Vaarsi
Photo credit: Cebolledo
Photo credit: conchordgirl
Photo credit: EyeofJ
Photo credit: return the sun
Photo credit: Thomas James Caldwell
Photo credit: nath.smith
- Disintegration of Capitalism
Photo credit: Ian Sane
- Decay & Disintegration
The floor in some parts of the abandoned Arts College is very decayed and falling apart. Makes for some nice urbex photos...
Photo credit: darkday.
- Gradual Disintegration.
Photo credit: 小猫王
- The Disintegration
Photo credit: Ungint
- Natural Disintegration
Photo credit: Mary Sherman
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Disintegration
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about Disintegration Energy.
See also the pronunciation examples of Disintegration!
Quotes about Disintegration
The reason is that a military defeat of Britain will bring about the disintegration of the British Empire. This would not be of any benefit to Germany. (Franz Halder)
more quotes about disintegration...
Scrabble value of D2I1S1I1N1T1E1G2R1A1T1I1O1N1
The value of this 14-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DISINTEGRATION
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Disintegration!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Disintegration to see it in context!