The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun disintegration:
Definition of disintegration
What does disintegration mean?
- in a decomposed state
- a loss (or serious disruption) of organization in some system
- separation into component parts
- synonym of disintegration: dissolution
- more generic terms: action / activity / natural action / natural process = a process existing in or produced by nature
- more specific words:
- the spontaneous disintegration of a radioactive substance along with the emission of ionizing radiation
- synonyms of disintegration: decay / radioactive decay
- more generic term: nuclear reaction = a process that alters the energy or structure or composition of atomic nuclei
- more specific terms:
- total destruction
- A process by which anything disintegrates.
- The condition of anything which has disintegrated.
- [geology] A wearing away or falling to pieces of rocks or strata, produced by atmospheric action, frost, ice, etc.
- "Disintegration" is the eighth studio album by English alternative rock band The Cure, released on 1 May 1989 by Fiction Records. The record marks a return to the introspective and gloomy gothic rock style the band had established in the early 1980s. As he neared the age of thirty, vocalist and guitarist Robert Smith had felt an increased pressure to follow up on the group's pop successes with a more enduring work. This, coupled with a distaste for the group's new-found popularity, caused Smith to lapse back into the use of hallucinogenic drugs, the effects of which had a strong influence on the production of the album. The Cure recorded Disintegration at Hookend Recording Studios in Checkendon, Oxfordshire, with co-producer David M. Allen from late 1988 to early 1989. During production, founding member Lol Tolhurst was fired from the band.
- "Disintegration" is a compilation album by Japanese music production unit I've Sound and volume three in their Girls Compilation album series. It was released on June 26, 2002, compiling the songs they have produced for various PC games and CDs as well as some new tracks. The album features vocals by Eiko Shimamiya, Kotoko, Lia, Mell, Momo and Shiho.
- "Disintegration" is a musical single of Monarchy & Dita Von Teese.
- released on
- "Disintegration" is a musical album of Terra Sancta.
- released in (6 years ago)
"Disintegration" is a film, directed by Roger McLeod.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genres: Supernatural, Action Film, Thriller, Action/Adventure
- released in (7 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for disintegration
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A vertebrate fauna of the outer Hebrides (1888)
by John Alexander Harvie-Brown, Thomas E. Buckley, William Anderson Smith, R. Foster Heddle
Possibly at the outset the cohesion of particles of both may have been, to a certain extent, overcome by physical impact ; but ultimately, in the case of felspar, the disintegration is a chemical one, resulting in — necessitating the separation of ...
Encyclopedia of Quaternary Science, Four-Volume Set (2006)
Temporal variations in theseparameters are therefore thetwo principal expected causesofchanges innuclear disintegration rates ontheEarth. We donot expecttosee any appreciable changes in the galactic cosmicray intensity, except if a ...
Encyclopaedia perthensis, or, Universal dictionary of the arts, sciences, literature, etc. : intended to supersede the use of other books of reference (1816)
Is the disintegration be so flow as is admitted; if, as Dr Hutton himself observes, the description which Polybius has given of the Pontus Euxinus, with the two opposite Bospbori, the Mæotis, the Propontis, and the port of By- zantium, are as ...
Historical Encyclopedia of Natural and Mathematical Sciences (2009)
by Ari Ben-Menahem
In 1930, an international race was underway to produce the first artificial disintegration of the nucleus700. This goal was achieved at the Cavendish Laboratory, England: a huge voltage divider was built and used to linearly accelerate protons ...
Encyclopedia of the Peoples of Asia and Oceania (2009)
by Barbara A. West
Disintegration of the Chandra empire. 1075 The Varman dynasty centralizes the worship of Siva ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for disintegration
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about disintegration
Click on an item to view that photo:
Scary to think how little editing is done on this.
Photo credit: bigcityal
Photo credit: nath.smith
Photo credit: return the sun
Photo credit: EyeofJ
Photo credit: bestiary
Lithographic print, 2012
Photo credit: eryn.rickard
Photo credit: EyeofJ
Photo credit: angee09
Photo credit: conchordgirl
How the end always is...
Photo credit: jonny2love
Photo credit: Genista
Photo credit: creating in the dark
100 Cameras in 1 app, then filtered using Instagram app
Photo credit: EastsideRJ
Photo credit: Ryan Vaarsi
Photo credit: MonsterVinVin
Photo credit: ideowl
Photo credit: romana klee
- Disintegration of Capitalism
Photo credit: Ian Sane
- Disintegration Disintegration
Photo credit: Sweet One
That is (or was) a fiberglass cowling on a truck, left to rot.
Photo credit: Brooklyn11211
Scrabble value of D2I1S1I1N1T1E1G2R1A1T1I1O1N1
The value of this 14-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DISINTEGRATION
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of disintegration!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of disintegration to find many related words and phrases!