The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun disintegration:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Disintegration
What does Disintegration mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: disintegrations
- in a decomposed state
- lexical domain: States - nouns denoting stable states of affairs
- synonym of disintegration: decomposition
- more generic word: decay = an inferior state resulting from the process of decaying
- more specific word: fragmentation = the disintegration of social norms governing behavior and thought and social relationships
- a loss (or serious disruption) of organization in some system
- separation into component parts
- lexical domain: Natural Processes - nouns denoting natural processes
- synonym of disintegration: dissolution
- more generic terms: action / activity / natural action / natural process = a process existing in or produced by nature
- more specific words:
- the spontaneous disintegration of a radioactive substance along with the emission of ionizing radiation
- lexical domain: Natural Processes - nouns denoting natural processes
- synonyms of disintegration: decay / radioactive decay
- more generic term: nuclear reaction = a process that alters the energy or structure or composition of atomic nuclei
- more specific terms:
- total destruction
- lexical domain: Natural Events - nouns denoting natural events
- synonym of disintegration: annihilation
- more generic words: demolition / destruction / wipeout = an event (or the result of an event) that completely destroys something
- more specific words: extermination / extinction = complete annihilation
Alternative definition of the noun Disintegration
- A process by which anything disintegrates.
- The condition of anything which has disintegrated.
- [geology] A wearing away or falling to pieces of rocks or strata, produced by atmospheric action, frost, ice, etc.
- "Disintegration" is the eighth studio album by British alternative rock band The Cure, released on 2 May 1989 by Fiction Records. The record marks a return to the introspective and gloomy gothic rock style the band had established in the early 1980s. As he neared the age of thirty, vocalist and guitarist Robert Smith had felt an increased pressure to follow up on the group's pop successes with a more enduring work. This, coupled with a distaste for the group's newfound popularity, caused Smith to lapse back into the use of hallucinogenic drugs, the effects of which had a strong influence on the production of the album. The Cure recorded Disintegration at Hookend Recording Studios in Checkendon, Oxfordshire, with co-producer David M. Allen from late 1988 to early 1989. During production, founding member Lol Tolhurst was fired from the band.
- "Disintegration" is a compilation album by Japanese music production unit I've Sound and volume three in their Girls Compilation album series. It was released on June 26, 2002, compiling the songs they have produced for various PC games and CDs as well as some new tracks. The album features vocals by Eiko Shimamiya, Kotoko, Lia, Mell, Momo and Shiho.
- "Disintegration" is a composition.
- "Disintegration" is a musical single of Monarchy & Dita Von Teese.
- released on
- "Disintegration" is a musical album of Terra Sancta.
- released in (7 years ago)
"Disintegration" is a film, directed by Roger McLeod.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genres: Supernatural, Action Film, Thriller, Action/Adventure
- released in (8 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Disintegration
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John Alexander Harvie-Brown, Thomas Edward Buckley, William Anderson Smith, R. Foster Heddle
Possibly at the outset the cohesion of particles of both may have been, to a certain extent, overcome by physical impact ; but ultimately, in the case of felspar, the disintegration is a chemical one, resulting in — necessitating the separation of ...
Volume Two by RICHARD J. KOSCIEJEW
Similarly, if the table falls apart when a heavy object is placed on it, the event of its disintegration is a pat of the external world. One object external to and distinct from any given perceiver is any other perceiver. So, relative to one perceiver, ...
Posthuman Blues (2013)
Volume I (2003 - 2004) by Mac Tonnies
Columbia's disintegration is a profound loss that raises important questions about the future of our already tenuous manned presence in space.It could be argued that better technology could have prevented this setback; the shuttle program ...
by Rabi Bastia, M. Radhakrishna
Most conspicuous feature of the passive continental margins formed during the Gondwana disintegration is the presence of thick Mesozoic and Tertiary sedimentary deposits that were collected contemporaneously with steady-state ...
It is important in our invention that the mechanism for inhibiting shale disintegration is the shielding of iron pyrites from oxygen in the water. While water hydration of other portions of the shale is inhibited by our protective coating , the main ...
The Modest Republic by Michael P. Federici
A modest republic is not maintained without constant attention and effort, for disintegration is the natural tendency of societies and polities, and health is only maintained through practice animated by love. Finally, a modest republic is not ...
The collected works of Sir Humphry Davy ...: Discourses delivered before the Royal society. Elements of agricultural chemistry, pt. I (1872)
by Sir Humphry Davy
Disintegration is the breaking up of a rock into small integrant particles by ...
by Ervin B. Podgorsak
Radioactivity also known as radioactive decay, nuclear transformation, and nuclear disintegration is a spontaneous process by which an unstable parent nucleus emits a particle or electromagnetic radiation and transforms into a more stable ...
by A.J. Larner
P Phonetic Disintegration in substitutions, deletions, and misorderings of phonemes. Phonemic disintegration is relatively common in aphasic disorders, including Broca's aphasia, conduction aphasia, and transcortical motor aphasia. Isolated ...
Antarctica and the Arctic Circle: A Geographic Encyclopedia of the Earth's Polar Regions [2 volumes] (2014)
by Andrew Jon Hund
Disintegration of ice shelves is of current concern because of the resulting acceleration and calving of previously buttressed land-based glaciers and ice sheets into the sea, thus contributing to rising global sea level. Ice shelf retreat typically ...
Temporal variations in theseparameters are therefore thetwo principal expected causesofchanges innuclear disintegration rates ontheEarth. We donot expecttosee any appreciable changes in the galactic cosmicray intensity, except if a ...
by William H. Swatos, Peter Kivisto
The concept of anomie is closely related to the ideas of cognitive dissonance and mazeway disintegration, which have been used in the study of millenarianism. Dissonance between millennial prophecies and actual events is overcome ...
Similes Dictionary (2013)
by Elyse Sommer
DISINTEGRATION. See Also: DESTRUCTION (Shirley's childless marriage had) become unstuck like a piece of old and grubby sticking plaster —Gillian Tindall Blown aside like thistledown —John Fowles Fowles used this simile at one point ...
by Edward S. Neukrug
This section describes certain operational strategies and techniques that relational therapists may use to promote change and growth in individuals and in the group itself: combined individual–group psychotherapy, integration– disintegration, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Disintegration
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Disintegration
Click on an item to view that photo:
100 Cameras in 1 app, then filtered using Instagram app
Photo credit: EastsideRJ
Photo credit: Cebolledo
Photo credit: ideowl
Photo credit: conchordgirl
Photo credit: EyeofJ
How the end always is...
Photo credit: jonny2love
Photo credit: Ryan Vaarsi
Photo credit: nath.smith
Photo credit: MonsterVinVin
Photo credit: romana klee
- Disintegration of Capitalism
Photo credit: Ian Sane
- Disintegration Disintegration
Photo credit: Sweet One
- Vertical Disintegration
This massive Q motor popped up through the NASSA rocket, leading a visual display of much mayhem... below.
Photo credit: jurvetson
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Disintegration
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about Disintegration Energy.
See also the pronunciation examples of Disintegration!
Quotes about Disintegration
The reason is that a military defeat of Britain will bring about the disintegration of the British Empire. This would not be of any benefit to Germany. (Franz Halder)
more quotes about disintegration...
Scrabble value of D2I1S1I1N1T1E1G2R1A1T1I1O1N1
The value of this 14-letter word is 16 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DISINTEGRATION
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Disintegration!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Disintegration to see it in context!