On this page:
- Definition of the adjective disputed
- Definition of the verb disputed
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Disputed
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Disputed
- Photos about Disputed
- Video language resources about Disputed
- Quotes about Disputed
- Scrabble value of D2I1S1P3U1T1E1D2
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective disputed
What does disputed mean as an attribute of a noun?
- subject to disagreement and debate
- examples: We disputed for hours about what to write. | The question was hotly disputed in the meeting. | We disputed the victory to the end. | Shinko disputed with him about it. | I disputed with him about world peace for an hour. | He disputed my statement. | They disputed about whose turn it was to take the trash out. | They disputed the ownership of the land for years. | China has imposed a no-fly zone over several disputed islands in the East China Sea.
- similar: controversial
Alternative definition of the adjective disputed
- Argued; not certain, agreed upon, or accepted.
Definition of the verb disputed
What does disputed mean as a doing word?
- past of dispute
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Disputed
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Containing Also, an Appendix of Proper Names, Foreign Phrases, Faulty Diction, Disputed Pronunciations, Abbreviations, Etc., Etc. 1,225 Pictorial Illustrations by James Champlin Fernald
Containing Also, an Appendix of Proper Names, Foreign Phrases, Faulty Diction, Disputed Pronunciations, Abbreviations, Etc., Etc. 1,225 Pictorial Illustrations James Champlin Fernald. XIII. DISPUTED PRONUNCIATIONS. In this work ...
Designed to Give the Orthography, Pronunciation, Meaning, and Etymology of Over 61,000 Words and Phrases in the Speech and Literature of the English-speaking Peoples, with Synonyms and Antonyms ... 1,225 Pictorial Illustrations
DISPUTED. PRONUNOIATIONS. In this work systematic attempt has been made to ascertain the consensus of usage throughout the Englislvspeaking world. by selecting from scholars and professors of all the great centers of English ...
Disputed N-TOS has had a number of names bestowed on it since the 1980s, when one researcher insisted that it have a formal designation so that its features could be clearly delineated from those of the other, noncontroversial subgroups.
Disputed Texts. The second and third centuries were very prolific times for the production of Christian literature. During this period, there were numerous gospels, acts, letters, and apocalypses produced within the church, besides those that ...
by Gerald D. Jaynes
Proslavery voters won the first election in November 1854, but the results were disputed by antislavery factions that claimed voter fraud. The antislavery faction held another election in March 1855, but the proslavery forces boycotted ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Disputed
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Disputed
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: jplpagan
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Disputed
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Disputed!
Quotes about Disputed
Peter disputed with John
And invoked Ram’s helps.
Peter disputed with his sons.
And resented Ram’s offers
When a neighbour attacks,
The country opens its door.
When its subjects revolt,
It prefers to shut the door. (Rm. Shanmugam Chettiar)
more quotes about disputed...
Scrabble value of D2I1S1P3U1T1E1D2
The value of this 8-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine