On this page:
- Definition of the noun dividend
- Phrases with Dividend
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Dividend
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Dividend
- Photos about Dividend
- Video language resources about Dividend
- Quotes about Dividend
- Scrabble value of D2I1V4I1D2E1N1D2
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun dividend
What does dividend mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: dividends
- that part of the earnings of a corporation that is distributed to its shareholders; usually paid quarterly
- lexical domain: Possessions - nouns denoting possession and transfer of possession
- more generic terms: earnings / lucre / net / net income / net profit / profit / profits = the excess of revenues over outlays in a given period of time
- more specific terms:
- a number to be divided by another number
- a bonus; something extra (especially a share of a surplus)
Specialised definition of the noun dividend
Glossary of finance / investment
a taxable portion of the profits of a business that is allocated to shareholders on a regular basis
Phrases with Dividend
Phrases starting with the word Dividend:
Phrases ending with the word Dividend:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Dividend
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
an exempt—interest dividend is any dividend or part thereof (other than a capital gain...
Atlantic Reporter (1899)
Cases Argued and Determined in the Courts of Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont
The dividend is an apportionment of surplus. This is true of the reserve...
The Economics of Welfare (2006)
by Alfred C. Pigou
The dividend is an objective thing, consisting in any period of such and such a collection of goods and services that flow into being during the period. Since it is an objective thing, we should naturally wish, if we were able, to define changes in ...
by CTI Reviews
A dividend is a payment made by a corporation to its shareholders, usually as a distribution of profits. When a corporation ...
by John Clark
dividend A share in the profits of a limited company, usually paid annually- Dividends are usually expressed as a percentage of the nominal value of a single ...
by John Owen Edward Clark
dividend A share in the profits of a limited company, usually paid annually. Dividends are usually expressed as a percentage of the nominal value of a single ordinary share. Thus a ...
—If the signs of the divisor and dividend be like, the sign of the quotient is + ; but if they be unlike, the sign of the quotient 1s ...
by Gary L. Gastineau, Mark P. Kritzman
Dividend Arbitrage I07 model (CAPM). With diversification, risk can be reduced relative to the average return of a portfolio by distributing assets among a variety of asset classes, such as stocks, bonds, money market instruments, and physical ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Dividend
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Dividend
Click on an item to view that photo:
Panel Session: Digital Dividend
(c) ITU/ KC. Ortiz
Photo credit: ITU Pictures
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Dividend
Click on an item to play that video:
- Dividend Definition
- Dividend Meaning
Video shows what dividend means. A number or expression that is to be divided by another.. A pro rata payment of money by a company to its shareholders, ...
- Peace dividend Meaning
Video shows what peace dividend means. an economic benefit gained from a reduction in defence spending, especially a fund of public money that would be ...
- Dividend Reinvestment Plan DRIP Definition
- 6.NS.1 - Visual Vocabulary - Dividend
- The Meaning Of Ex Dividend Date
- The Meaning Of Ex Dividend Date
- Dividend equilisation reserve Meaning
Video shows what dividend equilisation reserve means. A fund set up to ensure that dividends remain stable despite changes in a company's earnings.
- A Description of the Dividend Option Referred to as Paid-Up Permanent Additions : Finance FAQs
- ESL Business English Lesson. Fixed Income - Stock - Securities - Blue Chip - Shareholder - Dividend
Business English Subtitled Video, for you, to learn about basic stock market terms such as Fixed Income - Stock - Securities - Blue Chip - Shareholder - Dividend ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Dividend!
Quotes about Dividend
Scrabble value of D2I1V4I1D2E1N1D2
The value of this 8-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Dividend to see it in context!