On this page:
- Definition of the adjective draining
- Definition of the noun draining
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Draining
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Draining
- Photos about Draining
- Video language resources about Draining
- Quotes about Draining
- Scrabble value of D2R1A1I1N1I1N1G2
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective draining
What does draining mean as an attribute of a noun?
- having a debilitating effect
- examples: Tom found the exercise mentally draining. | The water on the road's surface isn't draining sufficiently. | If the birds of prey want someone's blood, if they want to go on draining the Brazilian people, I offer my life as a holocaust. | They call it an English grammar book; I call it an arduous, soul-draining and depressing experience pushing the limits of human patience.
- synonym of draining: exhausting
- similar: debilitating
Alternative definition of the adjective draining
- That drains
Definition of the noun draining
What does draining mean as a name of something?
- the practice of exploring drains, tunnels, or sewers
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Draining
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopaedia Metropolitana; Or, Universal Dictionary of Knowledge on an Original Plan Comprising the Twofold Advantage of a Philosophical and an Alphabetical Arrangement, with Appropriate Engravings Edited by Edward Smedley, Hugh James Rose, Henry John Rose (1845)
Mixed sciences, vol. 4
Draining scoop. Shovel. Sod knife. Spades. Strawtwister. Necessity. Antiquity. water is easily removed; and while the ...
and of the arts, sciences, instruments, and practice, necessary to the farmer, stockfarmer, gardener, forester, landsteward, farrier, &c by John Marius Wilson
See Draining. SUBSOIL PLOUGH. See Plough. SUBSOIL-PLOUGHING. The stirring of the subsoil of arable land with a specially constructed plough. It differs from both deep - ploughing and trench-ploughing in its only stirring the subsoil and ...
by Cuthbert William Johnson
DRAINING. DRILL-MACHINES. cooke's duill. DRILL-MACHINES. drills : by the description we. In the formation of drains, a shovel tapering to a point, and scoops of a peculiar shape, are commonly used. These are represented in the figures 6, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Draining
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Draining
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Alcino
View more pictures about Draining Board.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Draining
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about Draining Board.
See also the pronunciation examples of Draining!
Quotes about Draining
Any woman who has a career and a family automatically develops something in the way of two personalities, like two sides of a dollar bill, each different in design. ... Her problem is to keep one from draining the life from the other. (Ivy Baker Priest)
more quotes about draining...
Scrabble value of D2R1A1I1N1I1N1G2
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Draining to see it in context!