On this page:
- Draupadi, also referred to as Kṛṣṇə draupadī is the "emerged" daughter of King Drupada of Panchāla and the wife of the five Pandavas in the epic Mahābhārata. When Yudhisthira becomes the king of Hastinapura at the end of the war, Draupadi becomes the queen of Indraprastha. She is also variously referred to as Panchali, Yajnaseni, Mahabhaaratii and Sairandhri. She had five sons, one by each of the Pandavas: Prativindhya from Yudhishthira, Sutasoma from Bheema, Srutakarma from Arjuna, Satanika from Nakula, and Srutasena from Sahadeva. She is described in the Mahabharata as being extraordinarily beautiful, unsurpassed by any other woman of her time. Draupadi is one of the Panch-Kanya of the ancient Hindu epic, as is her Mother-in-Law Kunti. Draupadi loved her Mother-in-law Kunti very much.
- Draupadi is a fictional character from the 1936 film Draupadi Vastrapaharanam.
- Draupadi is a fictional character from the 2012 film Arjun: The Warrior Prince.
- Draupadi is a fictional character from the 1965 film Pandava Vanavasam.
- Draupadi is a fictional character from the 1971 film Shri Krishna Satya.
- Draupadi is a fictional character from the 1931 film Draupadi.
- Draupadi is a fictional film character.
"Draupadi" is a 1931 drama film written and directed by Bhagwati Prasad Mishra.
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- written by Bhagwati Prasad Mishra
- based on a story by Bhagwati Prasad Mishra
- cinematography by Adi M. Irani
- genres: Bollywood, Drama
- released in (84 years ago)
Phrases with Draupadi
- Dicranomyia Draupadi
- Poecilopsyche Draupadi
- Species Dicranomyia Draupadi
- Species Poecilopsyche Draupadi
Printed books with definitions for Draupadi
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Decayed Gods (1991)
Origin and Development of Georges Dumézil's "Idéologie Tripartie" by Wouter W. Belier
Draupadi is an incarnation of Shri and is closely associated with Agni. Both Shri and Agni are gods of all three functions. During the journey of the Pandavas and Draupadi to heaven in Book 12, Yudhishthira reveals everyone's sins. Draupadfs ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Draupadi
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Draupadi
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Draupadi
Gulzar Sahab talks about the play 'Yudhishtir & Draupadi' in Hindustani language
See also the pronunciation examples of Draupadi!
Scrabble value of D2R1A1U1P3A1D2I1
The value of this 8-letter word is 12 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of DRAUPADI
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Draupadi!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Draupadi to see it in context!