- Dutt a.k.a. Nargis Dutt, born Fatima Rashid but known by her screen name, Nargis, was an Indian film actress. She is widely regarded as one of the greatest actresses in the history of Hindi cinema. She made her screen debut as a child in Talash-E-Haq in 1935, but her acting career began in 1942 with Tamanna. During a career that spanned from the 1940s to the 60s, Nargis appeared in numerous commercially successful as well as critically appreciated films, many of which featured her alongside actor and filmmaker Raj Kapoor.
- also known as Fatima A. Rashid, Baby Rani, Nargis Dutt, Fatima Mohanchand Uttamchand, Baby Nargis, Fatima Rashid
- born on (85 years ago) in Kolkata, child of Jaddanbai and Uttamchand Mohanchand
- nationality: India
- profession: Actor
- died on (32 years ago) in Mumbai of pancreatic cancer
- buried in Badakabarastan
- read more about Nargis (actress)
- Dutt a.k.a. Sanjay Dutt is a prominent Indian Hindi film star, producer and politician. Dutt, son of Hindi film actors Sunil Dutt and Nargis Dutt, made his acting debut in 1981. He has since featured in films that are amongst some of the most popular Hindi language films of the past three decades.
- also known as Sanjay Balraj Dutt, Sanju Baba, Munna Bhai, Baba, Raghu Bhai, Sunjay Dutt, Shri Sanjay Dutt, Master Sanjay Dutt, Deadly Dutt, Sanju, The Nayak of Hindi Cinema, The Arnold Schwarzenegger of India, The Nayak of Hindi Cinema (Bollywood)
- born on (54 years ago) in Mumbai, child of Nargis and Sunil Dutt
- ethnicity: Indian people
- nationality: India
- profession: Actor, politician, film producer, comedian, presenter
- read more about Sanjay Dutt (actor)
- Dutt a.k.a. Sunil Dutt: Sunil Dutt), born Balraj Dutt, was an Indian Hindi movie actor, producer, director and politician. He was the cabinet minister for Youth Affairs and Sports in the Manmohan Singh government. His son, Sanjay Dutt, is also an actor.
There are other people with Dutt in their name, like Piu Dutt, Som Dutt, Uma Dutt, Arun Dutt, B.K. Dutt, Devi Dutt, Guru Dutt, Gyan Dutt, Hank Dutt and many others.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Dutt
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Imperial and Asiatic Quarterly Review and Oriental and Colonial Record (1903)
Romesh Dutt is an Indian by ...
General Report on Public Instruction in the Bengal Presidency (1859)
The 7th Master Baboo Eakhaldoss Dutt is an active and intelligent young man. * * • # BALASOB.
The National Review (1908)
Rai as hopeless, they announced that they would try to carry Babu Aswini Kumar Dutt as President. Mr. Dutt is a man after Mr. Tilak's own heart, who has achieved much GREATER BRITAIN AND INDIA 1007.
Calcutta Review (1890)
Dutt is a sworn foe.
Mission Field (1891)
A Monthly Record of the Proceedings of the Society for the Propagation of the Gospel in Foreign Parts
Dutt is an Honorary Chaplain to the Bishop of Calcutta. Wh— SUGGESTED SUBJECTS FOB PRAYER. For the Colonial Bishoprics Council in its Jubilee. For the Diocese of Zululand and its Bishop-Designate. For Burma, and the work of the ...
Asian Review (1903)
Romesh Dutt is an Indian by ...
Rural Industrialisation in India (1978)
The Changing Profile by R. V. Rao
Dutt is that a large proportion of Indian ...
Encyclopaedia of Literature in English (2001)
by M K Bhatnagar
Dutt, Toru MALLIKARJUN PATIL* Beauty and tragedy, joys and sorrows are the two unbearable faces of life which usually occur. These two things joys and woes mostly go together but sometimes they bring a lot of regret and agony not ...
Encyclopaedia of eminent thinkers (1998)
by K. S. Bharathi
The bold act of throwing bombs in the Central Assembly and the arrests of Bhagat Singh and Batukeshwar Dutt had attracted people's attention towards them. Instead of escaping from the spot, which was not a difficult task for both of them, they ...
Encyclopedia of Political Economy: A-K (1999)
by Phillip Anthony O'Hara
For instance, in the model with markup pricing, the profit rate depends on the markup, which depends, a la Kalecki, on the relative bargaining power of workers and capitalists (see Dutt 1990). Kaldor and Pasinetti have developed and ...
Nelson's Encyclopaedia (1907)
Everybody's Book of Reference ... by Frank Moore Colby, George Sandeman
Tom Dutt 123 Tostl allowed it to be applied even to citizens and freemen. The use of torture had become fully established in the time of the early emperors. At a later period the earlier restrictions were wholly removed or greatly modified.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Dutt
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Dutt
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Sanjay Dutt and Sonjay Dutt.
Video about Dutt
Full Durbhalopanishad with meaning in Gurudev's (Dr. Narayan Dutt Shrimali) voice
Gurudev (Dr. Narayan Dutt Shrimali) explains the meaning of each and every shlok of Durbhalopanishad. Gurudev says every sadhak must listen to durbhalopnisha...
Quotes about Dutt
Kolkata is a great city, has great food and great people. We had some problems finding the kind of old buildings we were looking for, and even handling the crowds, but on the whole it was fun shooting there. (Sanjay Dutt)
more quotes about dutt...
Scrabble value of D2U1T1T1
The value of this 4-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Dutt to see it in context!