- Dutt a.k.a. Nargis Dutt, born Fatima Rashid but known by her screen name, Nargis, was an Indian film actress. She is widely regarded as one of the greatest actresses in the history of Hindi cinema. She made her screen debut as a child in Talash-E-Haq in 1935, but her acting career began in 1942 with Tamanna. During a career that spanned from the 1940s to the 60s, Nargis appeared in numerous commercially successful as well as critically appreciated films, many of which featured her alongside actor and filmmaker Raj Kapoor.
- also known as Fatima A. Rashid, Baby Rani, Fatima Mohanchand Uttamchand, Baby Nargis, Nargis Dutt, Fatima Rashid
- born on (85 years ago) in Kolkata, child of Jaddanbai and Uttamchand Mohanchand
- nationality: India
- profession: Actor
- died on (33 years ago) in Mumbai of pancreatic cancer
- buried in Badakabarastan
- read more about Nargis (actress)
- Dutt a.k.a. Sanjay Dutt: Sanjay Balraj Dutt is an Indian film actor, producer and convicted felon known for his work in Hindi cinema. He was briefly associated with politics and is also infamous for felonies committed during 1993 Mumbai blasts. Dutt, son of film actors Sunil Dutt and Nargis Dutt, made his acting debut in 1981. Since then he has acted in some of the most popular Hindi language films. Although Dutt has enjoyed major success in movie genres ranging from romance to comedy, it has been the roles of gangsters, thugs and police officers in films that have won Dutt much adulation, with fans and Indian film critics alike referring to him as the "Deadly Dutt," for his larger-than-life portrayals of such characters.
- also known as Sanjay Balraj Dutt, Sanju Baba, Baba, Raghu Bhai, Munna Bhai, Master Sanjay Dutt, Sunjay Dutt, Shri Sanjay Dutt, Sanju, Deadly Dutt, The Nayak of Hindi Cinema, The Arnold Schwarzenegger of India, The Nayak of Hindi Cinema (Bollywood)
- born on (55 years ago) in Mumbai, child of Nargis and Sunil Dutt
- ethnicity: Indian people
- nationality: India
- profession: Actor, politician, film producer, comedian, presenter
- read more about Sanjay Dutt (actor)
- Dutt a.k.a. Sunil Dutt, born Balraj Dutt, was an Indian movie actor, producer, director and politician. He was the Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports in the Manmohan Singh government. His son, Sanjay Dutt, is also an actor, while daughter Priya Dutt, a former Member of Parliament.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Dutt
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Changing Profile by R. V. Rao
Dutt is that a large proportion of Indian ...
The 7th Master Baboo Eakhaldoss Dutt is an active and intelligent young man. * * • # BALASOB.
India's Developing Villages (1990)
by G. R. Madan
Dutt is a normally accurate description applicable to India as a whole.
The National Review (1908)
Rai as hopeless, they announced that they would try to carry Babu Aswini Kumar Dutt as President. Mr. Dutt is a man after Mr. Tilak's own heart, who has achieved much GREATER BRITAIN AND INDIA 1007.
Dutt is a most conspicuous ...
The Child's World (2009)
The Comprehensive Guide to Assessing Children in Need Second Edition by Jan Horwath
Ratna Dutt is a qualified social worker and ...
POETRY APPRECIATION The Lotus by Tom Dutt is a poem on how the lotus was created. And it tells us that the lotus is actually a combination of the lily and the rose. The rose we all know is a flower of extreme beauty. In this parallel poem, ...
Calcutta Review (1890)
Dutt is a sworn foe.
by M K Bhatnagar
Dutt, Toru MALLIKARJUN PATIL* Beauty and tragedy, joys and sorrows are the two unbearable faces of life which usually occur. These two things joys and woes mostly go together but sometimes they bring a lot of regret and agony not ...
by Eugene Benson, L.W. Conolly
Dutt adopted the'Locksley Hall' metreof Tennyson, inhis view a close equivalent to the Sanskrit Anushtup metre. L.S.R. KRISHNA SASTRY ...
Comprising Sanitary Chemistry, Engineering, and Legislation, the Dietetic Value of Foods, and the Detection of Adulterations, on the Plan of the "Dictionnaire D'hygiène Publique" of Professor Ambroise Tardieu by Alexander Wynter Blyth, Ambroise Tardieu
Mineral Dutt. Flintcutters . Grindstone-makers . Stonecutters .... Plasterers .... Porcelain-workers Potters ..... Carpenters .
by George Watt
Dutt to be used in dyeing grey hair and for promoting its growth. McOann writes that, in Lohardagga, the ROOT is pounded and used as a black dye with salts of iron. Medicine.—According to ...
by Syedur Rahman
DUTT, MICHAEL MADHUSUDAN (1824—1873).
2-volume Set by Phillip O'Hara
Dutt, Amitava K. (1990) “Growth, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Dutt
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Dutt
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video about Dutt
Full Durbhalopanishad with meaning in Gurudev's (Dr. Narayan Dutt Shrimali) voice
Gurudev (Dr. Narayan Dutt Shrimali) explains the meaning of each and every shlok of Durbhalopanishad. Gurudev says every sadhak must listen to durbhalopnishad for 108 days to get 100% success...
Quotes about Dutt
Kolkata is a great city, has great food and great people. We had some problems finding the kind of old buildings we were looking for, and even handling the crowds, but on the whole it was fun shooting there. (Sanjay Dutt)
more quotes about dutt...
Scrabble value of D2U1T1T1
The value of this 4-letter word is 5 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Dutt to see it in context!