Dynamite appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Poor dynamite yetis note paste wets a pet on-site yeti… many droop.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun dynamite
What does dynamite mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: dynamites
- an explosive containing nitrate sensitized with nitroglycerin absorbed on wood pulp
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- more generic term: explosive compound = a compound that is explosive
- more specific words: gelignite / gelly = a type of dynamite in which the nitroglycerin is absorbed in a base of wood pulp and sodium or potassium nitrate
- substance: glyceryl trinitrate / trinitroglycerin / nitroglycerine / nitroglycerin = a heavy yellow poisonous oily explosive liquid obtained by nitrating glycerol
Alternative definition of the noun dynamite
- A class of explosives made from nitroglycerine in an absorbent medium such as kieselguhr, used in mining and blasting; invented by Alfred Nobel in 1867.
- synonym: nitro
- [figuratively] Anything exceptionally dangerous, exciting or wonderful.
Definition of the verb dynamite
What does dynamite mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: dynamited | dynamiting | dynamites
- blow up with dynamite
- Dynamite a.k.a. Pablo Barrera: Pablo Edson Barrera Acosta is a Mexican footballer who plays as a winger or outside forward for Premier League club West Ham United, previously on-loan to La Liga club Real Zaragoza. He spent the early part of his career playing for Club Universidad Nacional in Mexico, and has also represented the Mexico national team.
- Dynamite a.k.a. Vladimir Turchinsky: Vladimir Yevgenyevich Turchinsky was a Russian bodybuilder, television and radio presenter, actor, author, singer and businessman. He started participating in sports in 4th grade. After completing his studies, he joined the Army. After that, Vladimir started his career during the years of Perestroika, working as a photographer and as a bodyguard. He was a maestro of sumo and judo, and for a time he practiced American football. He also was the president of Professional League of Strongest Extreme. He was born in Moscow, USSR and died in Pashukovo village, Noginsk District, Moscow Oblast.
- also known as Vladimir Turchinskiy, Vladimir Evgenevich Turchinskiy, Vladimir Yevgenyevich Turchinsky, Dinamit
- born on (50 years ago) in Moscow, child of Yevgeny Turchinsky and Nina Turchinskaya
- nationality: Russia
- profession: Bodybuilder, actor, author, singer, businessperson, presenter, radio personality
- parent of
- died on (4 years ago) in Moscow Oblast of myocardial infarction
- official website: www.turchinsky.ru
- Dynamite a.k.a. Don Hastings: Donald Francis Hastings is a longtime American actor, singer, and writer best known for his 50-year role as Dr. Robert "Bob" Hughes" on the soap opera As the World Turns. Hastings has been active in show business since 1940 and active on television since 1947.
- also known as Donald Francis Michael Hastings, "R.K.", Rotten Kid, Daddy Bob, C.C. Matthews, Doctor Death, Donald Hastings
- born on (80 years ago) in Brooklyn, child of Charles Hastings and Hazel Hastings
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Actor, singer, screenwriter
- read more about Don Hastings (actor)
- Dynamite a.k.a. Gus Sonnenberg: Gustave Adolph Sonnenberg was an American football player and professional wrestler. As a wrestler, he was National Wrestling Association world heavyweight champion. He played in the National Football League from 1923 until 1930, for the Buffalo All-Americans, Columbus Tigers, Detroit Panthers, and Providence Steam Roller, where he was a member of the 1928 NFL championship team.
- also known as Gustave Adolph Sonnenberg, Iron Duke
- born on (116 years ago) in Ewen
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Wrestler, american football player, actor, soldier
- died on (70 years ago) in Bethesda of leukemia
Dynamite is an animal actor.
- read more about Dynamite (film actor)
There are other animals with Dynamite in their name, like Dynamite the Horse.
- "Dynamite" is the fourth single from English recording artist Taio Cruz's second album Rokstarr. It was written by Cruz, Max Martin, Bonnie McKee, and Dr. Luke, and produced by Dr. Luke and Benny Blanco for the international version of Rockstar.
- music by Benny Blanco, Taio Cruz, Max Martin, Bonnie McKee, Lukasz Gottwald
- "Dynamite" is the sixth studio album released by British Acid Jazz band Jamiroquai, released in June 2005. Produced by Mike Spencer and Jay Kay, it is perhaps their most diverse work to date, featuring electronic, funk, disco, house and acoustic tracks.
- "Dynamite" a.k.a. "Dynamite!" is the second studio album released by the duo Ike & Tina Turner on the Sue Records label in 1963.
- artist: Ike & Tina Turner
- released in (51 years ago)
- "Dynamite" is an album by Swedish singer-songwriter Stina Nordenstam, released in 1996. The album marked a turning point in her career as she experimented with introspective lyrics and darker musical tones, away from her jazz-influenced earlier albums.
- genre: Alternative rock
- released on (18 years ago)
- "Dynamite" is the official fight song of Vanderbilt University, written by Francis Craig in 1922, when Craig was an undergraduate student at the University. It is played mainly at football games, basketball games, and at other Commodore sports events.
- "Dynamite" a.k.a. "Jermaine Jackson" is a musical album of Jermaine Jackson.
- "Dynamite" a.k.a. "Barood" is a 1976 Indian Bollywood film directed by Pramod Chakravorty.
- country: India
- language: Hindi Language
- producers: J.C. Bhagat, H.S. Bhattacharya, Jitu Thakar
- art direction by Shanti Dass
- written by Ehsan Rizvi & Sachin Bhowmick
- based on a story by Sachin Bhowmick
- Shoma Anand as Seema Bakshi
- Manmohan as Jagdish
- Rishi Kapoor as Anup D. 'Pappu' Saxena
- Reena Roy as Sapna
- Ashok Kumar as Balraj Gupta
- Ajit Khan as Bakshi
- Prem Chopra as Prem
- Madan Puri as B. Puri
- David Abraham Cheulkar as Dominic Francis
- Asrani as Hari Ramchandani
- Azad as Gupta's assistant
- Birbal as Wadhumal
- Sujit Kumar as Ratan
- Shreeram Lagoo as Inspector Durgaprasad Saxena
- Raj Mehra as Inspector General of Police
- cinematography by V. K. Murthy
- edited by Narendra Arora
- music by S.D. Burman
- genres: Action Film, Romance Film, Thriller, Crime Fiction, Bollywood, World cinema
- released in (38 years ago)
- "Dynamite" is a drama film produced and directed by Cecil B. DeMille. It stars Conrad Nagel, Kay Johnson, Charles Bickford and Julia Faye. Bickford plays a convicted murderer, scheduled to be executed, whom a socialite marries simply to satisfy a condition of her grandfather's will.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- art direction by Cedric Gibbons & Mitchell Leisen
- edited by Anne Bauchens
- costume design by Adrian Adolph Greenberg
- genres: Black-and-white, Drama
- tagline: She Denied Him Her Love, So He Took It! She Stole His Name, Tricked Him, Humbled Him and - in...
- released in (85 years ago)
- award: - Academy Award for Best Production Design nomination for Mitchell Leisen
- "Dynamite" is a film, directed by William H. Pine.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genres: Action Film, Adventure Film, Romance Film, Action/Adventure, Drama
- released in (65 years ago)
- "Dynamite": Break out the mustache wax! This vintage pre-condom offering from the hedonistic 70's is a veritable facial hair fiesta. Though the men are rugged and butch, the problem with this film is the cinematography. Jerky shots, rapid crosscutting and a generally grainy look detract from what could be some balls-out sex. The camera jumps around so much it's hard to get into any of the action; it could induce nausea in those with weak stomachs.
- Dynamite was a magazine for children founded by Jenette Kahn and published by Scholastic Press from 1974 until 1992. Kahn edited the first three issues. Then the next 109 issues were edited by Jane Stine, wife of children's author R.L. Stine. The first issue, Dynamite #1, was dated March 1974 and featured characters Hawkeye and Radar from the television series M*A*S*H. The final issue, Dynamite #165, was dated March 1992 and featured actress Julia Roberts and actor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Dynamite a.k.a. Dynamite! is a 1980 dance/soul single by Stacy Lattisaw. "Dynamite" hit number one on the dance chart and number eight on the R&B chart. Lattisaw was 13 years old when she made it to number one and became the youngest artist to hit the top spot on the dance chart.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Dynamite
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Jared Ledgard
M1 Military Dynamite. a) Characteristics. M 1 military dynamite is an RDX-based composite explosive containing no nitroglycerin. M 1 dynamite is packaged in 1/2 -pound, paraffin-coated, cylindrical paper cartridges, which have a nominal ...
PNEUMATIC DYNAMITE GUN. HOLYROOD PALACE, EDINHUROH. Dynamite a second. It is important in dynamics to distinguish between mass and weight. The mass of one pound is the quantity of matter equal to a certain standard quantity ...
Dynamite. —An explosive compound invented by the Swedish chemist, Alfred Nobel, in 1866. Nitro-glycerine (formed by the action of.nitric acid on glycerine) had been discovered by Sobrero in 1846, but the danger attending its use as a ...
by National Association of Manufacturers (U.S.).
The dynamite and nitroglycerine which were used for the explosions mentioned “ were transported in passenger cars on passenger trains of common carriers engaged in the transportation of passengers for hire into and over and across" ...
The MMA Encyclopedia (2010)
by Jonathan Snowden, Kendall Shields
Dynamite!! 2008 (combined kickboxing/MMA event) 12/31/08 Saitama Super Arena (Saitama, Japan) MMAMain Event: Kiyoshi Tamura defeated Kazushi Sakuraba (decision) Other MMA Fights: Shinya Aoki defeated Eddie Alvarez ( heel hook, ...
The Nightmare Encyclopedia (2005)
Your Darkest Dreams Interpreted by Jeff Belanger, Kirsten Dalley
Drugs – Dynamite 121 The influence of illicit drugs on dream content is also a topic of interest. LSD floods the nervous system with serotonin and results in hallucinations involving all the senses—visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, and tactile ...
by Kevin Shillington
Effortsto minimizecosts faced amajorobstacle inthe dynamite monopoly,part of Transvaalpresident Kruger's concession policy intended to promote industrialdevelopment and ensure Transvaalcontrol overkey aspectsofthe country's economy.
by Gus Martin
One repeatedly bombed neighborhood became known as “Dynamite Hill.” Bomb threats at the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church were an “everyday occurrence,” according to Rev. John H. Cross. At 10:22 a.m. on Sunday, September 15, 1963, ...
by John M. Hancock, Marketa J. Zvelebil
Dynamite: a flexible code generating language for dynamic programming methods used in sequence comparison. ISMB 5: 56–64. See also Spliced Alignment, Hidden Markov Models, Gene Prediction, ...
The Encyclopedia Americana (1904)
by Frederick Converse Beach, George Edwin Rines
Dynamite (from Greek dynamis, power), an explosive invented by Nobel in 1866 and originally consisting of infusorial silica or diatomaceous silica, called “ kieselguhr,” and nitroglycerin. The kieselguhr, being composed of the siliceous ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Dynamite
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Dynamite
Click on an item to view that photo:
Kate Dynamite giving chase to Dolly Dimps
Photo credit: sk8geek
- Dynamite Joe
Dynamite Joe is firing an arrow wrapped in dynamite. He is the blast-crazy marine.
Photo credit: supa_pedro
- Dynamite Friends
Gavin - Vintage Vinyl
Jasper - Electropop
Rufus Blue - Electropop
Jett - Plastic Inevitable
Photo credit: my_boring_life
- Bolivian dynamite
Taken in Potosi, Bolivia on 24 July 2009 by Jimmy Harris.
Photo credit: jimmyharris
- Glass & Dynamite
Some women are breakable like glass, others are like dynamite. This lady has it all......
Photo credit: Robbert van der Steeg
- Sunken dynamite boat
- Buckyball Dynamite
Boom goes the dynamite!
Photo credit: dddaag
- NEW 2013 FIREWORKS - Dynamite by Epic Fireworks
Photo credit: EpicFireworks
- Dynamite in a box!
Just an idea...
Photo credit: seltaeb520
- Team Dynamite
Because doughnuts don't wear alligator shoes.
Photo credit: SixPixelDesign
- Dynamite roll
Lift's dynamite roll, with japanese mayo, soy reduction and pea shoots
Photo credit: julesjulesjules m
- Dynamite Single Ignition Barrage
Photo credit: EpicFireworks
- Dynamite mining Car in Ludlow
Photo credit: darinmarshall
- Aria - Dynamite Girls
Photo credit: cjnzja
- California: Dynamite Roll
Photo credit: sstrieu
- Dynamite~Crape Myrtle 15 Gallon Standard
Photo credit: littlegemtrees
- Dynamite Crepe Myrtle
Photo credit: Jim, the Photographer
- Dynamite Bay
Photo credit: 4nitsirk
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Dynamite
Click on an item to play that video:
- Explanation of Dynamite Explosions - Ryan Day (BQ)
- Explanation of Dynamite Explosions - Ryan Day
Another great video of the master of Video productions Stephane Pomet . Power - Screw and Swerf with Ryan Day.
- Dynamite Conjugations - ER and IR verb conjugations
An instructional video about how to conjugate regular Spanish ER and IR verbs to the tune of Dynamite by Taio Cruz.
- Same-Language-Subtitling Dynamite
See also the pronunciation examples of Dynamite!
Quotes about Dynamite
I thought we had energy out there. I thought the guys were, they played good, they were excited. We were almost dynamite out there today. Just a flicker away from being dynamite. (Hal Sutton)
more quotes about dynamite...
Scrabble value of D2Y4N1A1M3I1T1E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Dynamite to see it in context!