Definition of Dynamite
What does Dynamite mean?
- an explosive containing nitrate sensitized with nitroglycerin absorbed on wood pulp
- blow up with dynamite
- A class of explosives made from nitroglycerine in an absorbent medium such as kieselguhr, used in mining and blasting; invented by Alfred Nobel in 1867.
- [figuratively] Anything exceptionally dangerous, exciting or wonderful.
- To blow up with dynamite or other high explosive.
- Dynamite a.k.a. Vladimir Turchinsky: Vladimir Yevgenyevich Turchinsky was a Russian bodybuilder, television and radio presenter, actor, author, singer and businessman. He started participating in sports in 4th grade. After completing his studies, he joined the Army. After that, Vladimir started his career during the years of Perestroika, working as a photographer and as a bodyguard. He was a maestro of sumo and judo, and for a time he practiced American football. He also was the president of Professional League of Strongest Extreme. He was born in Moscow, USSR and died in Pashukovo village, Noginsk District, Moscow Oblast.
- also known as Vladimir Turchinskiy, Vladimir Evgenevich Turchinskiy, Vladimir Yevgenyevich Turchinsky, Dinamit
- born on September 28th, 1963 (49 years ago) in Moscow, child of Yevgeny Turchinsky and Nina Turchinskaya
- nationality: Russia
- profession: Bodybuilder, actor, author, singer, businessperson, presenter, radio personality
- parent of
- died on December 16th, 2009 in Moscow Oblast of myocardial infarction
- official website: www.turchinsky.ru
- Dynamite a.k.a. Don Hastings: Donald Francis Hastings is a longtime American actor, singer, and writer best known for his 50-year role as Dr. Robert "Bob" Hughes" on the soap opera As the World Turns. Hastings has been active in show business since 1940 and active on television since 1947.
- also known as Donald Francis Michael Hastings, Doctor Death, Daddy Bob, Rotten Kid, Donald Hastings, "R.K.", C.C. Matthews
- born on April 1st, 1934 (79 years ago) in Brooklyn, child of Charles Hastings and Hazel Hastings
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Actor, singer, screenwriter
- read more about Don Hastings (actor)
- Dynamite a.k.a. Gus Sonnenberg: Gustave Adolph Sonnenberg was an American football player and professional wrestler. As a wrestler, he was National Wrestling Association world heavyweight champion. He played in the National Football League from 1923 until 1930, for the Buffalo All-Americans, Columbus Tigers, Detroit Panthers, and Providence Steam Roller, where he was a member of the 1928 NFL championship team.
- also known as Gustave Adolph Sonnenberg, Iron Duke
- born on March 6th, 1898 (114 years ago) in Ewen
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Wrestler, american football player, actor, soldier
- died on September 9th, 1944 (68 years ago) in Bethesda of leukemia
- "Dynamite" is the fourth single from English recording artist Taio Cruz's second album Rokstarr. It was written by Cruz, Max Martin, Bonnie McKee, and Dr. Luke, and produced by Dr. Luke and Benny Blanco for the international version of Rockstar.
- "Dynamite" is the sixth studio album released by British Acid Jazz band Jamiroquai, released in June 2005. Produced by Mike Spencer and Jay Kay, it is perhaps their most diverse work to date, featuring electronic, funk, disco, house and acoustic tracks.
- "Dynamite" is the official fight song of Vanderbilt University, written by Francis Craig in 1922, when Craig was an undergraduate student at the University. It is played mainly at football games, basketball games, and at other Commodore sports events.
- "Dynamite" a.k.a. "Jermaine Jackson": Jermaine Jackson is the tenth studio album by US singer-songwriter Jermaine Jackson, released in...
- "Dynamite" a.k.a. "Barood" is a 1976 Indian Bollywood film directed by Pramod Chakravorty. It stars Rishi Kapoor and...
- "Dynamite" is a drama film produced and directed by Cecil B. DeMille. It stars Conrad Nagel, Kay Johnson, Charles Bickford and Julia Faye. Bickford plays a convicted murderer, scheduled to be executed, whom a socialite marries simply to satisfy a condition of her grandfather's will.
- "Dynamite" is a film, directed by William H. Pine.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genres: Action Film, Adventure Film, Romance Film, Action/Adventure, Drama
- released in 1949 (64 years ago)
- "Dynamite": Break out the mustache wax! This vintage pre-condom offering from the hedonistic 70's is a veritable facial hair fiesta. Though the men are rugged and butch, the problem with this film is the cinematography. Jerky shots, rapid crosscutting and a generally grainy look detract from what could be some balls-out sex. The camera jumps around so much it's hard to get into any of the action; it could induce nausea in those with weak stomachs.
- Dynamite was a magazine for children founded by Jenette Kahn and published by Scholastic Press from 1974 until 1992. Kahn edited the first three issues. Then the next 109 issues were edited by Jane Stine, wife of children's author R.L. Stine. The first issue, Dynamite #1, was dated March 1974 and featured characters Hawkeye and Radar from the television series M*A*S*H. The final issue, Dynamite #165, was dated March 1992 and featured actress Julia Roberts and actor Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Dynamite a.k.a. Dynamite! is a 1980 dance/soul single by Stacy Lattisaw. "Dynamite" hit number one on the dance chart and number eight on the R&B chart. Lattisaw was 13 years old when she made it to number one and became the youngest artist to hit the top spot on the dance chart.
- Dynamite: Dynamite! is the second studio album released by the duo Ike & Tina Turner on the Sue Records label in 1963.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions about Dynamite
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
I. Reconnaissance. II. Bridges. III. Roads. IV. Railroads. V. Field fortification. VI. Animal transportation. VII. Tables, weights, measures, and specific gravities by United States. War Dept
Dynamite is furnished in sticks, wrapped in paper, of about 0.5 of a pound each.
The sticks are packed in wooden boxes of two sizes containing, respectively, 25
and 50 pounds. Forty per cent dynamite is the grade most frequently encountered
by Jared Ledgard
Military Dynamite. a) b) c) d) Characteristics. M 1 military dynamite is an RDX-
based composite explosive containing no nitroglycerin. M 1 dynamite is
packaged in ...
by William Ashcroft
Dynamite is the traditional land source and is still much used.
The benefit of
using dynamite is that it can be detonated below the energy-absorbing materials
of the weathered layer, which preferentially attenuate the high frequencies of the
by Jonathan Snowden, Kendall Shields
Dynamite!! 2008 (combined kickboxing/MMA event) 12/31/08 Saitama Super
Arena (Saitama, Japan) MMAMain Event: Kiyoshi Tamura defeated Kazushi
Sakuraba (decision) Other MMA Fights: Shinya Aoki defeated Eddie Alvarez (
heel hook, ...
by Frank Moore Colby, Talcott Williams
DYNAMITE CRUISER glycerin, but 40 per cent of nitroglycerin is given as the
The product when thus formed is known as a straight
dynamite, but nitrates, charcoal, and wood fibre may be used for the absorbing
Your Darkest Dreams Interpreted by Jeff Belanger, Kirsten Dalley
Drugs – Dynamite 121 The influence of illicit drugs on dream content is also a
topic of interest. LSD floods the nervous system with serotonin and results in
hallucinations involving all the senses—visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory, and
by Gus Martin
One repeatedly bombed neighborhood became known as “Dynamite Hill.” Bomb
threats at the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church were an “everyday occurrence,”
according to Rev. John H. Cross. At 10:22 a.m. on Sunday, September 15, 1963,
PNEUMATIC DYNAMITE GUN. HOLYROOD PALACE, EDINHUROH. Dynamite a
second. It is important in dynamics to distinguish between mass and weight. The
mass of one pound is the quantity of matter equal to a certain standard quantity ...
by Eve Adamson, Gayle Williamson
dynamite. 89. because of an emotional upheaval. See also underwater, fc thirst C
accidents, feelings, love, relationships, sexual activity, vulnerability, water. drug
store See pharmacy. drugs 1. To dream of doing illegal drugs represents a risk ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias about Dynamite
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Dynamite
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: El Ronzo
Photo credit: Cédric Puisney
- Dynamite Joe
Dynamite Joe is firing an arrow wrapped in dynamite. He is the blast-crazy marine.
Photo credit: supa_pedro
- Buckyball Dynamite
Boom goes the dynamite!
Photo credit: dddaag
- Dynamite roll
Lift's dynamite roll, with japanese mayo, soy reduction and pea shoots
Photo credit: julesjulesjules m
- Sunken dynamite boat
- Napoleon Dynamite cast
Cast of the Napoleon Dynamite film and television series at the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con International in San Diego, California, including Tina Majorino, Sandy Martin, Jon Heder, Aaron Ruell, Efren Ramirez, Jon Gries, Diedrich Bader.
Photo credit: Gage Skidmore
- Napoleon Dynamite cast
Cast of the Napoleon Dynamite film and television series at the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con International in San Diego, California, including Jon Heder, Aaron Ruell, Efren Ramirez and Jon Gries.
Photo credit: Gage Skidmore
- Poster for Ms. Dynamite at the Arches, Glasgow
Poster for Ms. Dynamite, Modestep and Redlight at the Arches, Glasgow on Sun 16th October.
Design: Niall Walker.
For the full Arches gig listings go to...
Photo credit: TheArches
- The Dynamite Flake Chocolate Cookie Explosion
Photo credit: ctoverdrive
- Dynamite mining Car in Ludlow
Photo credit: darinmarshall
- Dynamite Friends
Gavin - Vintage Vinyl
Jasper - Electropop
Rufus Blue - Electropop
Jett - Plastic Inevitable
Photo credit: my_boring_life
- Dynamite~Crape Myrtle 15 Gallon Standard
Photo credit: littlegemtrees
- Dynamite Crepe Myrtle
Photo credit: Jim, the Photographer
Video language resources about Dynamite
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Dynamite!
Quotes about Dynamite
Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs. (Bishop Vincent)
more quotes about dynamite...
Scrabble value of D2Y4N1A1M3I1T1E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of Dynamite to learn how to say it correctly!