On this page:
Who is Earl MacDonald?
Earl MacDonald, is a music arranger, composer, jazz pianist and music educator. Director of jazz studies at the University of Connecticut, the Winnipeg native earned a bachelor of music degree in jazz performance at McGill University and a master of music degree at Rutgers, where he apprenticed with Kenny Barron. Earl is dedicated to music education, participating as a clinician, guest conductor and teacher at summer camps, in addition to his teaching at the University of Connecticut.
- born on (44 years ago) in Winnipeg
- nationality: Canada
- education: McGill University
- profession: Professor, musician, conductor, composer, music arranger
- member of musical group Earl MacDonald Jazz Orchestra
- genres: Big Band, Jazz
- albums: "Re: Visions, Works for Jazz Orchestra", "Mirror of the Mind"
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Juno Award for Traditional Jazz Album of the Year - "Re: Visions, Works for Jazz Orchestra"
- nominated to Juno Award for Contemporary Jazz Album of the Year - "Mirror of the Mind"
- official website: www.earlmacdonald.com
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Earl MacDonald
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Earl MacDonald for some fun with words!