On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Ecu
What does Ecu mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: ecus
- [dated] The European Currency Unit (symbol ₠), a currency used in the European Community before the euro.
- Ecu a.k.a. Ecuador, officially the Republic of Ecuador is a representative democratic republic in northwestern South America, bordered by Colombia on the north, Peru on the east and south, and the Pacific Ocean to the west. Ecuador also includes the Galápagos Islands in the Pacific, about 1,000 kilometres west of the mainland.
- also known as Republic of Ecuador, República del Ecuador
- founded on (192 years ago)
- part of Americas, South America
- instance of: South American country / South American nation = any one of the countries occupying the South American continent
- Guayaquil = the largest city of Ecuador
- capital of Ecuador / Quito = the capital of Ecuador
- Galapagos Islands / Galapagos = a group of islands in the Pacific off South America; owned by Ecuador
- Cotacachi = an Andean volcano in northern Ecuador
- Cotopaxi = the world's largest active volcano
- Sangay = an inactive volcano in the Andes in central Ecuador
- Andes = a mountain range in South America running 5000 miles along the Pacific coast
- Chimborazo = a mountain peak in the Andes in Ecuador
- member of: OAS / Organization of American States = an association including most countries in the western hemisphere; OPEC / Organization of Petroleum-Exporting Countries = an organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the production and sale of petroleum
- member: Ecuadorian / Ecuadoran = a native or inhabitant of Ecuador
- read more about Ecuador (country)
- ECU a.k.a. East Carolina University is a public, coeducational, doctoral/research university in Greenville, North Carolina, United States. Named East Carolina University by statute and commonly known as ECU or East Carolina, the university is the third-largest university in North Carolina.
- read more about East Carolina University
- Ecu a.k.a. Écu is a collectable item.
- read more about Écu
- ECU a.k.a. Edith Cowan University is an Australian public university located in Perth, Western Australia. It was named after the first woman to be elected to an Australian Parliament, Edith Cowan, and is the only Australian university named after a woman.
- read more about Edith Cowan University
- Ecu a.k.a. ÉCU The European Independent Film Festival: ÉCU - The European Independent Film Festival is an annual international film festival dedicated to independent cinema. Held in Paris, France, it was created in 2006 by Scott Hillier. The festival is dedicated to the discovery and promotion of the best independent film making talents from Europe and beyond, showcasing films that demonstrate quality, innovation, and creativity in both form and content. These qualities are judged in 14 categories, 7 of which are open to non-European filmmakers, and compete for 24 awards. Jury members come from all around the globe and have a variety of backgrounds. The founder and president of ÉCU, Scott Hillier, is a Paris-based Australian filmmaker. He gained international recognition from his strong cinematography, editing, writing producing and directing portfolio and served as Director of Photography on the documentary ‘Twin Towers’ which won an Academy Award in 2003.
- also known as ÉCU, ÉCU – The European Independent Film Festival
- official website: www.ecufilmfestival.com
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Ecu
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by D.E. Fair, C. de Boissieu
Second, the private ECU is a closer substitute for national currencies than is the dollar because it links the European monetary markets more closely than the eurodollar does. Third, the private ECU is a means of mobilizing European saving ...
by P. de Grauwe
The ECU is a unit of account based on a basket of currencies.
The Policy Roles by George M. Von Furstenberg
If people wish to hold a currency as a proxy for “Europe," or to hedge against “ Europe," then the ECU is an excellent vehicle. Many companies do have such needs. People in weak-currency countries such as Denmark and Italy have a natural ...
East Carolina University (2013)
by John Allen Tucker, PhD, and Arthur Carlson
Today, ECU is a leading producer of K-12 teachers in the Southeast as well as a leader nationwide in training practitioners of family medicine. The impressive development of East Carolina has flowed from its embodiment of the school's ethic ...
Selected Essays by Joseph Gold
The ECU is a basket of defined amounts of the currencies of Community members, except the Greek drachma, which will be included in the basket not later than the end of 1985. The amounts of currencies in the basket can be revised in ...
Telematics Communication Technologies and Vehicular Networks: Wireless Architectures and Applications (2009)
Wireless Architectures and Applications by Huang, Chung-Ming
An ECU is a computing system, integrated with a data acquisition module or an electromechanical driver. A variety of ECUs implement versatile functions, such as powertrain, antilock braking system (ABS), traction control system (TCS), ...
by David K. H. Begg
and CEPR Paul Seabright University of Cambridge and CEPR Alasdair Smith University of Sussex and CEPR Charles Wyplosz Institut Universitaire de Hautes Etudes Internationales, Geneve, and CEPR The current ECU is a basket of the ...
The UK Economy Today (1995)
by K. Holden, Kent Matthews, John L. Thompson
There are many examples of units of account that are not media of exchange - the ECU is a case in point. The importance of money as a medium of exchange is that most day-to-day transactions must in principle involve the use of money.
by Ray Bohacz
Since the ECU is a digital processor, it has finite resolution, and adjustments are made in small increments. In this table, the steps are 0.032 milliseconds. Ignition The Ignition submenu lists four choices. The first two, if selected, function as ...
by CHARLES BULLOCK ,B.D
T n ecu is a beautiful little word, made np of four ...
by Lee McGowan, David Phinnemore
ECU is the acronym commonly used to refer to the European Currency Unit. The ecu was introduced in 1979 as a central element of the European Monetary System (EMS), namely a common artificial currency unit supporting the exchangerate ...
The Encyclopedia of Money (2009)
by Larry Allen
The European Currency Unit (ECU) began in 1979 as what is called a “basket currency,” a composite currency based on a weighted average combination of European currencies. It had a predecessor in the European Unit of Account (EUA ), ...
by Andrew Inglis-Taylor
ECU 20. Delivery Months. 2 successive quarterly delivery months among March (H), June (M), September (U), December (Z). Last Trading Day. Second business day preceding the third Wednesday of delivery month at ...
by Market House Books
European Currency Unit (ECU) A former currency medium and unit of account ...
by Derek W. Urwin
EUROPEAN CURRENCY UNIT (ECU). Created in 1979 as a bookkeeping device for, and the potential common currency of, the European Community (EC) (q.v.).
by Rodney Dale, Steve Puttick
EBA ECU Banking Association (see ECU) ...
by R. J. Barry Jones
The ECU, a unit of account based on a basket of European currencies, was established in 1979 by the EUROPEAN COMMUNITY (EC) as part of the process which, at the same time, created the EUROPEAN MONETARY SYSTEM (EMS).
by Claire Annesley
(ECU). The European Currency Unit (ECU) was a theoretical European currency.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Ecu
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Ecu
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Ecu
Click on an item to play that video:
- ECU Chips Tuning Explanation
- Video to explanation of KESS V2and k tag ECU Programming Tool
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Ecu
- ESL Troubleshooting 2; Map Switching, SSM1 Cord, Driver DL, ECU Connection
- ECU Language Studies - Cara Ceriani
- Gc8 ecu WITH ESL, Enduring Solution service installed and ready to go, Alex Maroto, Costa Rica
Actually this device turns the oem computer into a full programmable one!
- Continuity Test on 2S ESL ECU & ECU Hookup Error
See also the pronunciation examples of Ecu!
Scrabble value of E1C3U1
The value of this 3-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ECU
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Ecu!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Ecu to see it in context!