On this page:
Who is Eddie Costa?
Eddie Costa: Edwin James "Eddie" Costa was an American jazz pianist, vibraphonist, composer and arranger. In 1957 he was chosen as Down Beat jazz critics' new star on piano and vibes – the first time that one artist won two categories in the same year. He became known for his percussive, driving piano style that concentrated on the lower octaves of the keyboard.
- also known as Costa, Eddie
- born on (85 years ago) in Pennsylvania
- profession: Vibraphonist, jazz pianist
- died on (53 years ago) in New York City
- genres: Bebop, Jazz, Modal jazz
- albums: "Quintet", "Guys and Dolls Like Vibes"
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Eddie Costa
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by the late Leonard Feather, Ira Gitler
Jon Eardley; Jimmy Raney; Eddie Costa; George Wallington; Al Cohn; Zoot Sims; Gil Evans; Mose Allison; Carmen McRae; et al.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Eddie Costa
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of Eddie Costa for some fun with words!