Edit appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Edit peptide!
- Sue, robots edit peptides to bore us.
- Revolt on Yale, Democrats edit "Noon-Tide Star." Come, delay not lover.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb edit:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun edit
- Definition of the verb edit
- Phrases with Edit
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Edit
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Edit
- Photos about Edit
- Video language resources about Edit
- Sign language
- Quotes about Edit
- Scrabble value of E1D2I1T1
- Anagrams of EDIT
- Share this page
The word edit and its family (edited, editing, edition, editions, editor, editorial, editorials, editors, edits) are included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun edit
What does edit mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: edits
- A change to the text of a document.
Definition of the verb edit
What does edit mean as a doing word?
Edit is one of the top 1000 most common verbs in the English language.
verb - inflections: edited | editing | edits
- prepare for publication or presentation by correcting, revising, or adapting
- examples: Edit a book on lexical semantics | she edited the letters of the politician so as to omit the most personal passages | They won't edit the story
- lexical domain: Change - verbs of size, temperature change, intensifying, etc.
- synonym of edit: redact
- more generic words: alter / change / modify = cause to change; make different
- more specific terms:
- interpolate / falsify / alter = insert words into texts, often falsifying it thereby
- cut up / hack = significantly cut up a manuscript
- black out = suppress by censorship as for political reasons
- blank out = cut out, as for political reasons
- copyedit / copyread / subedit = edit and correct
- bracket out / bracket = place into brackets
- supervise the publication of
- cut and assemble the components of
- cut or eliminate
- edIT is an American electronic music producer and DJ based in Los Angeles, California. He is a member of The Glitch Mob.
- also known as Edward Ma
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Disc jockey, record producer
- member of musical group The Glitch Mob since
- genres: Electronica, Glitch, Intelligent dance music, Electronic dance music, Electronic music, Experimental hip hop
- albums: "Crying Over Pros for No Reason", "Certified Air Raid Material", "The Game Is Not Over / More Lazers", "Hefty! Records Flossed Out Mix", "Coin Operated One", "Danger Management"
- Edit was the wife of Géza Bereményi.
- Marriage with Géza Bereményi between and (2 years)
- Edit a.k.a. Ed Giles: 3d!t is a musician.
- read more about Ed Giles
Edit is a record label.
- Edit: Papp lánya is a fictional character from the 1999 film Európa expressz.
- Edit is a fictional character from the 2008 film The Investigator.
- Edit is a fictional character from the 1985 film The Red Countess.
- Edit is a fictional character in the 1921 film The Phantom Carriage.
- Edit is a fictional character from the 1989 film Before the Bat's Flight Is Done.
- Edit is a fictional character from the 2010 film Szinglik éjszakája.
- Edit is fictional character from the 2001 film Blind Guys.
- Edit is a fictional film character.
- "Edit" is the sixth album by vocalist Mark Stewart, released on March 28, 2008 through Crippled Dick Hot Wax!.
- "Edit" is an Anti-folk/Indie rock song from Anti-folk singer Regina Spektor, released in the summer of 2006 on the album Begin to Hope. The line "You don't have no Doctor Robert/You don't have no Uncle Albert" references the Beatles' song "Doctor Robert" as well as Paul and Linda McCartney's 1979 hit "Uncle Albert". "Edit" was covered by British anti-folk band The Red Army.
- music and lyrics by Regina Spektor
- "Edit" is a musical album by Skrupel.
- released on (18 years ago)
- Edit is a canonical version, musical recording.
- The Edit application was a simple text editor made for the early Apple Macintosh. It was included with the basic system software to demonstrate the use of the Macintosh user interface.
Phrases with Edit
Phrases starting with the word Edit:
Phrases ending with the word Edit:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Edit
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
How to Create the Best First Impression by Glynis Scrivens
Edit is a Four-Letter Word How to Create the Best First Impression Glynis Scrivens -ČCOMPASS E.O.O.K.5 Winchester, UK Washington, USA First published by Compass Books, 2015 ...
by Ed Tittel, Chris Minnick
You can find lots of great HTML helper editors. Here's our slate of alternatives: ✓ Komodo Edit is a classy, highly functional software package that gets high ratings from everyday users and experts. It's not WYSIWIG, but it gets the job done.
Marketing Research (2006)
by A. Parasuraman, Dhruv Grewal, R. Krishnan
A preliminary or field edit is a quick examination of completed data collection forms, usually on the same day they are filled out. In the lifestyle research study, even a cursory examination of completed questionnaires immediately after the ...
by Leon Willenborg, Ton de Waal
An edit is a rule that defines, for the variables it involves, which combinations of values are acceptable and which are not. Examples of such edits are: “if Age & 16 then “Marital status = unmarried' and 'if Distance between place of residence ...
Data-driven iOS Apps for iPad and iPhone with FileMaker Pro, Bento by FileMaker, and FileMaker Go (2011)
by Jesse Feiler
The Full Site with Record Edit is a good site to start with. It includes the following seven pages: Figure 16.10 Log in to the site.
Your Brain on Movies by Jeffrey M. Zacks
First are visual effects: The simplest edit is the cut; your view just clicks from one frame to another. But since the early days of film, editors have used jazzier transitions to mark major boundaries. They can fade from one clip to another, fade to ...
A Dictionary of Psychology (2015)
by Andrew M. Colman
For example, the verb to edit is a back formation from the noun editor, which is not derived from the verb but is a Latin word meaning producer, derived from the prefix e- out and the word datum, meaning given, from the verb dare to give; ...
Edit Well (2008)
Final Cut Studio Techniques from the Pros by Larry Jordan Editor
The Extend Edit The extend edit is a highspeed roll edit, except instead. To see a short demonstration of trimming, please visit the book's companion Web site. 2. Press and hold Shift, and drag the In or.
by Barbara Obermeier, Ted Padova
In the adjustment's dialog box, make any edits and then click OK. The only Adjustment layer you can't edit is the Invert ...
Google+ for Photographers (2012)
by Colby Brown
The one post you cannot edit is a circle that you've shared (Chapter 4). Controlling How Others Can Interact with the Content You Publish Often, when you reshare someone's post or you send private messages to other Google+ members, ...
by Alexandra Kindell, Elizabeth S. Demers Ph.D.
Among the numerous public scandals that occurred during President Ulysses Grant's second term, the Cr edit Mobilier affair drew the most attention. In 1864, the federal government issued a cash payment of $100 million dollars to the Union ...
by Peter M. Collins
Edit Select Edit from the Template menu, if you want to modify a template file. Open the required template file, as described above, then you can draw any additional template structures, or editing any of the templates displayed. When you have ...
Encyclopedia of Algorithms (2008)
by Ming-Yang Kao
CENK SAHINALP Lab for Computational Biology, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, USA Keywords and Synonyms Block edit distance Problem Definition ...
by Tatnall, Arthur
view publish publish Financial Analysis/Controlling view view view publish publish 3 Spin-off Process Business Idea view view view edit publish Business Plan view view view edit publish Coordination of Involved Parties view view view edit ...
Encyclopedia of Distances (2016)
by Michel Marie Deza, Elena Deza
Selkow distance The Selkow distance (or top-down edit distance, degree-1 edit distance) is a distance on the set Trlo of all rooted labeled ordered trees defined, for any T1 ;T2 2 Trlo, as the minimum cost of a sequence of editing operations ...
by Sir Leslie Stephen, Sir Sidney Lee
new edit. 1885. 47. “Thicker. posthumous volume of essays. Mrs. Payn survived him, with two sons and five daughters, the third of whom, Alicia Isobel, married in 1885 Mr. G. E. Buckle, editor ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Edit
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Edit
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Edit
Click on an item to play that video:
- The Shins - New Slang (GAMPER & DADONI Edit)
- Edit's Footwork Vocabulary 05
Edit's Footwork Vocabulary 05 - CC Float - Beni Benz (SYS/FSX/MZK) CC 6 Steps - ShadOw (only to those who knows know the name :D) - Knee CC (taught by ...
- Edit Meaning
Video shows what edit means. A change to the text of a document.. edit pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. edit meaning.
- Edit's Footwork Vocabulary 09
Edit's Footwork Vocabulary 09 Music by Mr Wigglez "Taino Line Intsrumental" - "Ground Indian Step" - "CC Lift" (as taught by Rush (Fresh Sox/MZK) - Poe One's ...
- Hard3eat - Meaning (Original Edit)
- HLOOKUP() in Excel - how to use it and edit it. Walkthrough explanation.
- DeeJayOne - THE MEANING ( Danny Claire Vocal Edit )
DeeJayOne - THE MEANING ( Danny Claire Vocal Edit ) Facebook...
- Kidd Kaos - Definition Of An Anthem (Album Edit)
- Madza - Meaning Of Life Edit
Madza - Meaning of Life.
- Edit's Footwork Vocabulary 02
Edit's Footwork Vocabulary 02 - Edit's "Ground Side Shuffle" - CC switches transition variation (air) - CC and Sweeps combinations - "CC Spin" - Trac 2 CC, ...
- Edit's Footwork Vocabulary 06
Edit's Footwork Vocabulary 06 - "Box Step" (taught by Future) - Edit's knee rock footwork pattern - Battle Squad's "Pretzel" - Edit's "CC Corkscrew" - "Staircasing" ...
- Edit Vocabulary in Sono Flex for Communicator
This video demonstrates how to edit a vocabulary button within a context based page set for Sono Flex. **Please note some of the features / functionality ...
- "Knowing" Trailer - Joe Black Edit The numbers have meaning
This is how the trailer looks to the initiated and awake .............Movie "Knowing" The THEME is that numbers have meaning in the codes . FIND THE CODED ...
- Edit's Footwork Vocabulary 04
Edit's Footwork Vocabulary 04 - "Inside CC" - "Step In" - Mr Freeze's "Side Shuffle" Variation - "Ninja CC" - "Magnet" Kick Out - "Back Sweep" CC transition - Knee ...
- Edit's Footwork Vocabulary 03 (ft. Keenan and Mike)
Edit with Keenan and Mike playing around with Footwork Vocab Edit's Footwork Vocabulary 03: - Edit's "CC Stack" (inspired by Mike Reid's baby freeze ...
- LePopup - Wordpress Explanation - Easy Add & Edit
- Edit war Meaning
Video shows what edit war means. A dispute over the content of a page on a wiki or other editable work.. Edit war Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio ...
- QAFE Edit Toolbar-Definition
QAFE Edit Toolbar-Definition.
- SLANG - :12 sec Edit - Abriel Strachan
- Jomanda - True Meaning of House (Edit)
FOR PROMOTIONAL USE ONLY --- Jomanda - True Meaning of House (Edit) Side B Track 1 Remix by Komix All rights are property of Big Beat Records, 1991 ...
- Porter Robinson - Language (Radio Edit)
- Cedric Zeyenne feat. Evelyn - Body Language (Radio Edit)
- Language (Worlds Edit) - Porter Robinson at Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
Porter Robinson at Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco, CA. September 12th, 2014. Song ID: Language (Worlds Edit) - Porter Robinson The world's ...
- Alexander Popov - Lost Language (David Gravell Radio Edit) [Interplay]
- Alexander Popov - Lost Language (Intro Mix Edit)
The Intro of ASOT 2013 Alexander Popov - Lost Language (Intro Mix Edit) Available on A State Of Trance 2013 Uploaded By Keon Akoum Why not have a look ...
- How to edit .srt video subtitles in Any Language
Watch the video with subtitles while you edit the transcript file! Two free software programs are used: Subtitle Edit: ...
- Petty Language (3LAU Edit) - Porter Robinson vs Carly Rae Jepsen
Petty Language (3LAU Edit) - Porter Robinson vs Carly Rae Jepsen...
- Enigma - The Language Of Sound (slow edit)
Best audio quality From the album Seven lives many faces Enigma 7.
- Ahmed Fakroun-Yo Son/Sahranin (Edit De Prince Language)
Re edit of the famous song "Sahranin" from libyan Ahmed Fakroun.
- Coone - Universal Language (2013 Edit)
View more videos about copy edit.
See also the pronunciation examples of Edit!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Edit
Scrabble value of E1D2I1T1
The value of this 4-letter word is 5 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of EDIT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Edit!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Edit to see it in context!